It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Warman's plea for help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 03:01 PM
link   
This will be my last new thread for a while. If I want to add more, I'll pin it to another existing thread.

This is a brief exchange between a stressed-out Warman who is struggling to get his required points on the battlefield and his resident shrink. He has had about all he can take of this impossible war and he is about ready to remove himself from contention if he can't find some kind of resolution very soon.

His spirit is broken. His heart is broken. And his family are friends are all.......well, you know. We are not winning the war against the Tripidions. And this isn't his idea of survival.

This kind of desperate feeling is common among struggling Warmen. We can only hope he gets his five points very soon.

"Doctor, I already lost my dad and brother to the war. My mother and sister were civilians killed on a colony ship. And I still need 5 points to promote off the battlefield. I have been in three battles already, got injured in the first one, and still, I have zero points."

"As a psychiatrist, my primary goal is to provide support and help you, a dedicated Warman, cope with the traumatic experiences you have endured. I want to approach this situation with empathy, understanding, and a non-judgmental attitude.

First, I encourage you to share your experiences and feelings with me. I want to build trust and create a safe space for you to open up. I also want to assess your mental and emotional state and look for any signs of depression, anxiety, or post-traumatic stress disorder.

Next, I want to explore coping strategies and techniques that could help you manage your symptoms and improve your overall well-being. This could include techniques such as mindfulness, relaxation exercises, or cognitive-behavioral therapy.

Regarding your need to earn points, I encourage you to focus on your well-being and recovery first. I will work with you to identify any obstacles or challenges you may be facing and help you create a plan to address them. I also want to emphasize that your worth as a person is not defined by your military achievements and that seeking help and support is a sign of strength, not weakness.

In summary, my approach as a psychiatrist is to provide compassionate care, help you process your traumatic experiences, and support you in your recovery journey, rather than focusing solely on your military accomplishments."

"Doctor, I feel like I am dying from the inside out. I lost my dad and brother to the war. My sister and mom were killed on a colony ship. All of my friends are dead. I don't even want to try to make friends anymore because we are all just getting slaughtered out there. I need five points and I can't even score one. Every time I have to fight, I feel like I am closer to my own death. If I don't get my five points soon so I can get off this battlefield, I don't think I am going to make it."

"I'm so sorry for everything you've been through. It sounds like you have experienced a tremendous amount of loss and trauma, and it's understandable that you're feeling overwhelmed and hopeless.

It's important to acknowledge that your experiences have likely had a profound impact on your mental health. It's common for individuals who have experienced trauma to struggle with symptoms such as depression, anxiety, and PTSD. These symptoms can make it even harder to cope with the challenges you're facing.

As a psychiatrist, my first priority is to support you in managing these symptoms and finding ways to cope with your feelings. This could involve therapy, medication, or a combination of both. I will work with you to create a personalized treatment plan that addresses your individual needs.

Regarding the issue of earning points, it's important to remember that your value as a person is not defined by your military accomplishments. It's understandable that you want to get off the battlefield, but it's also important to prioritize your well-being and recovery. I would encourage you to focus on taking care of yourself and finding ways to cope with your experiences. This might involve exploring alternative career options or seeking out support from friends, family, or mental health professionals.

Finally, I want to emphasize that seeking help is a sign of strength, not weakness. It takes courage to reach out for support, and I am here to help you in any way I can."

"Doctor, the next time the alarm goes off, I have to hit that battlefield. I don't get a pass. I pray to Tac every day but I guess we're all dying so fast, I guess Tac can't keep up."

"It's understandable that you feel like you're in a difficult and dangerous situation. It's normal to feel scared and anxious in situations like this. However, it's important to remember that there are things you can do to cope with these feelings and stay as safe as possible.

One of the most important things you can do is to practice good self-care. This means getting enough sleep, eating healthy foods, staying hydrated, and taking breaks when you need them. It's also important to take steps to manage your stress and anxiety, such as practicing relaxation techniques, talking to a therapist, or practicing mindfulness.

In addition, it's important to stay as safe as possible while on the battlefield. This means following all safety protocols, staying aware of your surroundings, and taking steps to protect yourself from harm. If you're feeling overwhelmed or scared, don't hesitate to talk to a commanding officer or another trusted authority figure."

"My family is dead, Doctor. My friends have all been killed in the war. If I even bother to make a new friend, he'll get killed too. Or I will."

"I'm so sorry for your loss. It's understandable that you feel a sense of hopelessness and despair in the face of so much loss and trauma.

However, it's important to remember that healing and recovery are possible, even in the midst of difficult circumstances. While it's true that the war has caused a great deal of pain and suffering, it's also possible to find meaning and purpose in life beyond the battlefield.

One way to do this is to connect with others who have had similar experiences. There may be support groups or communities on the SpaceNet where you can find others who have been through similar experiences and can offer understanding and support. This can be a powerful source of comfort and healing."

"Doctor, can I at least get a meat pass for a week? All this synthetic food Warmen have to eat just sucks."

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I have no idea the context of what you wrote here, but the soldier in question is a ticking time bomb and likely will go off soon. Those who would ignore that, will be ultimately at fault. Short answer, the kid needs help now.

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 03:12 PM
link   
"I understand that the quality of food can have a significant impact on your overall well-being, and it's important to prioritize your physical health, especially when you're in a high-stress environment like the battlefield.

As your psychiatrist, I don't have the authority to issue a meat pass, but I would encourage you to talk to your commanding officer or another appropriate authority figure about your concerns. They may be able to provide you with more information about the availability of meat or other dietary options that may be available to you.

In the meantime, it's important to make sure that you're getting the nutrients your body needs to stay healthy and energized. This may mean focusing on foods that are high in protein, vitamins, and minerals, even if they're not your preferred choice. Additionally, it may be helpful to explore alternative sources of nutrition, such as supplements or meal replacement options like paste or subpaste. They may not taste that great or look very appealing but everything your body needs is in it.

Remember, taking care of your physical health is an important part of taking care of your overall well-being, and there are resources available to help you do so, even in the midst of difficult circumstances."

"Okay, thanks Doctor, I guess. I'll see you next week if I'm still alive."

"Of course. Remember, you're not alone in this. There are people who care about you and want to support you through this difficult time. If you ever need to talk, don't hesitate to reach out to me or to other mental health professionals who can provide you with the support and resources you need. Stay safe, and take care."

"You stay safe too, Doctor. We are on the same ship. If the Tripidions get to our cores, we're all going to die."

"I understand, and I'll do everything in my power to stay safe and to support others in staying safe as well. We're all in this together, and it's important to work as a team to protect ourselves and each other. Remember to take care of yourself and to reach out for support if you need it."

"I'll have the nurse scan my wrist on the way out. Thanks again."

"You're welcome. Take care, and I'll see you at your next appointment."

During his next battle, later that day, he scored two kills (3 points each) and he injured three other Tripidions (1 point each) for a total of 9 points. He only needed 5 to promote off the battlefield.

War is like that.

He got his points and his promotion. How did he survive all those battles? That young man must be a lot tougher than he gives himself credit for. He doesn't know this yet but Command knows about him and they are pretty impressed. He'll be a ship's Captain one day and he'll move on to Commodore before taking duty as a Flag Officer.

He'll die of old age with a wife and two kids, a daughter, and a son.

His son will join the Feditary. And his son will die in battle with four points in three separate fights. May Tac shine him with light for the hero he is.

None of them lived to see the end of this war but make no mistake, we will win.

join