It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Accountability when did it die?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2023 @ 12:57 PM
link   
When is somebody, anybody goint to be held accountable for being a total failure at their job in DC?

Why is Austin still Sec def after insisting DEI is important to readiness and not holding a single soldier accountable for the laundry list of failures in the afgan withdraw.

Why does white rage miley still sit his seat after saying Bagram airbase wasnt strategically important, and instead of working the removal of people and troops from there, crammed people into Kandahar's tiny streets and small airport?

Why does blinken still have a job after state didnt send enough people to afganistan, and those he did send insisted on getting a full nights sleep?

Granholm laughing about the rising cost of energy?

Old pete over in transportation not even talking about the derailment in palestine ohio for nearly 2 weeks, not to mention complaining about the number of white construction workers in that same time frame?

Biden family classified documents scattered around the house and offices not secure, no tracking of who had access.

6 trillion dollar budget proposal while fighting inflation and a weakening dollar, I am sure that will help!

I am sure I am just scraping the scum off the top, deeper it goes the worse I am sure it will get.

If I was 1/10th as bad at my job I would be fired, at best in jail at worst, yet these yahoos get to keep their cushy job and as a consequence I think (my opinion get over it) that is the reason behind the recent document leak at the puzzle palace, nobody else has been held accountable I wont either.

My blood pressure cant handle going over congress and how terrible they are at their job.

posted on Apr, 9 2023 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Accountability died along with responsibility.

posted on Apr, 9 2023 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Probably when all transparency went out the window.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 9 2023 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I think it died about the time they pulled civics from high school curriculum.
It’s also near impossible to get fired from government. Also they don’t do drug tests.

I think it’s one reason why they hate Trump so much. He shows the world how much better the private sector runs things than the government.

posted on Apr, 9 2023 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I think it perished about the same time the players in the legal system stopped serving the sate and instead actually became the state.

But that's just silly... right?

posted on Apr, 9 2023 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Accountability was the 14th victim in Afghanistan.

posted on Apr, 9 2023 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Notabot12345666

After retiring from the military I went into civil service, I have been drug tested on a more regular basis since entering civil service than I ever was on active duty.

Might be my position, but thats my experience.

posted on Apr, 9 2023 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Accountability did not die; it was murdered.

It was killed by the idiot voters who keep sending the same criminals, morons, grifters and liars to office election after election.

If a farmer sets a fox to guard the chicken coop. and then the fox kills all the chickens, who are you going to blame; the fox for doing what foxes do or the farmer for giving the fox the job?

The crooked politicians are the foxes. The stupid American voters are the farmers.

Accountability was murdered through neglect and apathy. Don't blame the crooked politicians. The first line of accountability lies with the electorate.

posted on Apr, 9 2023 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: Notabot12345666

After retiring from the military I went into civil service, I have been drug tested on a more regular basis since entering civil service than I ever was on active duty.

Might be my position, but thats my experience.

FYI

Drug testing is all about numbers and the brass doesn't like bad results so they pick people they know will pass.

Been there done that too many times to count.

posted on Apr, 9 2023 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Despite delusions, accountability never dies.

The law of Karma.

posted on Apr, 9 2023 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

I think what you posted is just the observable consequences.

For over the last decade I have noticed that I cannot talk to a child without one or both parents answering for them. If I mention anything that they may have done that showed poor judgement, or an action that displayed that no thought went into it at all, the parents come up with one thousand and one excuses why it was okay, and non punishable, because it was their child. However, when another child has done the same thing , they want their heads removed.

Responsibility and accountability died immediately after good parenting died.

posted on Apr, 9 2023 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

The OP was specifically addressing accountability in politics, so my comment is relevant and accurate.

Accountability on a social level, while related, is another topic; however there certainly is an overall crisis. They certainly feed off of one another. Voters do not hold themselves accountable.
:
edit on 2023 4 09 by incoserv because: I could.

posted on Apr, 9 2023 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: halfoldman
Despite delusions, accountability never dies.

The law of Karma.

Karma and accountability are not the same thing. The former is passive. The latter demands active participation on the part of this affected by the accountable.

posted on Apr, 9 2023 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Indeed, thanks for pointing that out.

Hare Krishna.

posted on Apr, 9 2023 @ 06:03 PM
link   

I was actually agreeing with you.

By the time we get to politicians, it has already been several decades in the making.

It starts somewhere.

posted on Apr, 9 2023 @ 07:42 PM
link   

The Left started to ignore accountability in the 1990s, when the Left's priorities moved from representing and trying to help the working class to becoming a outfit dedicated to maximizing personal power and wealth, case and point being the Clintons, Clinton "Foundation", numerous scandals, etc.

Becaome even worse starting in 2009 when Obama did what no other Administration in US history ever did - started the wholesale transformation of US agencies into outfits dedicated to attacking political opponenents

Watergate in the open, on an unimaginable grand scale...disgusting...

posted on Apr, 9 2023 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Oh

Accountability is still there but JUST for the "Little People".

top topics

join