It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the heck is going on with ats? Glitches thread....

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2023 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Hiya, so you're not a happy chappy on a lappy.

Have you tried a different browser? If not, I suggest Firefox or Edge. Starting with a clean install can help establish if the problem is ATS-side or your phone in general or your provider.

We could even try manually changing DNS addresses. Have you ever used a VPN? That could be another option to help reduce the problem to the smallest common denominator.

ETA:

Flushing DNS cache is always a good starting point.

Please try this. It's quick & easy and you can't damage anything.

Begin by opening the Chrome browser on your Android and navigating to this web address (which you can copy and paste):

chrome://net-internals/#dns

This launches a basic settings menu, which automatically navigates to the DNS section. Here, select the button that says Clear host cache. Reboot your Android when it's finished, and try browsing again.

edit on 8/4/2023 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2023 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Encia22

Hiya, so you're not a happy chappy on a lappy.

Have you tried a different browser? If not, I suggest Firefox or Edge. Starting with a clean install can help establish if the problem is ATS-side or your phone in general or your provider.

We could even try manually changing DNS addresses. Have you ever used a VPN? That could be another option to help reduce the problem to the smallest common denominator.

ETA:

Flushing DNS cache is always a good starting point.

Please try this. It's quick & easy and you can't damage anything.

Begin by opening the Chrome browser on your Android and navigating to this web address (which you can copy and paste):

chrome://net-internals/#dns

This launches a basic settings menu, which automatically navigates to the DNS section. Here, select the button that says Clear host cache. Reboot your Android when it's finished, and try browsing again.

CAPS LOCK... I CANT FIND CRITICAL PUNCTUATION MARKS ON THE KEYBOARD. IVE NOT USED A KEYBOARD SINCE 2013SH. I NEVER COULD TYPE.

I'm like DTOM with computers. god bless em.

posted on Apr, 8 2023 @ 01:22 PM
link   

LOL!

You could try Windows on-screen keyboard.

Shortcut to open it is:

Windows key + CTRL + O

posted on Apr, 8 2023 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

Well, I learned something new today. Not a fan of a lot of keyboard shortcuts, but this one is

posted on Apr, 8 2023 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Happy to be of help.

posted on Apr, 8 2023 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

Well, I learned something new today. Not a fan of a lot of keyboard shortcuts, but this one is

You will like this a lot. I've used this when I use on-line banking or certain sporting equipment purchases.

posted on Apr, 12 2023 @ 06:37 PM
link   
New glitch:

When posting a reply or quote, the screen takes you back to a few posts above instead of to the post box.

Happens after you actually post the reply too.

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 10:23 AM
link   
not to sound like a crybaby throwing a trantrum, but WAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

I used to be able to click the "posts" button (something I politicked for) and see my recent posts in chronological order, now I am forbidden to see them. I have the proper clearances. so WTF?

Is this something that can be fixed easy, or is it going away?

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
not to sound like a crybaby throwing a trantrum, but WAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

I used to be able to click the "posts" button (something I politicked for) and see my recent posts in chronological order, now I am forbidden to see them. I have the proper clearances. so WTF?

Is this something that can be fixed easy, or is it going away?

This is strange. I'm forbidden from seeing your posts, too.

I tried with other members, including myself and all the filters work... so far, it's just you... although, there could be others.

The profile page is ok and defaults to Threads, but the other filters: Flags, Replies, Posts and Wall all give:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /forum/mem/network dude&list=flags on this server.

The relevant filter name is dipslayed after "dude&list="

Who's been a naughty boy?

edit on 13/4/2023 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I'm fully aware that I'm an asshole, but I thought I was getting away with it. Now, I'm not so sure.

What if I was actually banned, but my ATS soul doesn't know it yet?

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

Great.

We are all now in serious danger.

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Bloody hell, that would mean we're all lost souls posting in a simulation.

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I've not experienced that.

Is it happening on a computer or phone?

What browser are you using?

Any forum in particular or in multiple ones?

I don't know if I can help, but more information can help Darko & Co.

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 11:15 PM
link   
ATS seems to be working quite well, currently. In the past, the 'Recent' page would load fast. Anything else required hitting the reload icon numerous times to get a page to load or until I gave up. Seemed like the server was being shared for other tasks and ATS was there not accepting much traffic.

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

moto 2022 cricket android
samsung galaxy s7

note: no matter the New, Recent, buttons show the same page.

Samsung Galaxy S21 - Android -

Browser = Microsoft EDGE - Can't see the "Recent" activity view.

Browser = Dolphin - The "Recent", and all other views of ATS work fine.

posted on Apr, 14 2023 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I think your problems are on your equipment.
If you have a laptop, grab a copy of UBUNTU and build a standalone bootable DVD, and boot it directly.
If you can access ATS without a problem, then that will be definitive. If not, then you most likely have network issues. You could also try the
winsock reset if windows 10 or 11, command prompt with admin privs netsh winsock reset and reboot. Your stack can get corrupted by a few bad malware packages.

edit on 14-4-2023 by charlyv because: sp

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Few weeks back Darko posted a thread/explanation of what they were doing to update the boards, said they were kind of thrown in there trying to sort it out.

Not sure why that thread was removed, pretty much summarized what was going on during the glitchiness and that it was a work in progress

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iconic
There are a number of posts on the front page from the last couple days with well over 1000 flags, one over 2000. There aren't even that many active users of ats, let alone that many that engage with posts.

Are there shadow accounts targeting posts with certain word strings? Russian hackerbots of doom? China flu carrying bat bots?

Or is it a longterm April fools joke?

Or possibly a glitch?

Or has ats finally jumped the shark?

Someone please explain.

ETA, I'm adding the fact I'm pointing this out, the highest flag count I've ever seen here was in like the high 600s iirc

So who cares about Flags and stars ? You get nothing other then you have lasted for a few years without getting booted LOL LIVELEAK at least gave you a mug !!!!!!!
edit on 16-4-2023 by Ravenwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Encia22

I've not experienced that.

Is it happening on a computer or phone?

What browser are you using?

Any forum in particular or in multiple ones?

I don't know if I can help, but more information can help Darko & Co.

(on a computer, don't know about a phone)
Traced the problem to an extension on Opera. A Zoom control that glitches on Opera only apparently ("zoom page we").

The built-in zoom in Opera works fine.

"zoom page we" works fine in other browsers !! Strange 😎

posted on Apr, 16 2023 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Good detective work, xuenchen!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join