It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A step in the right direction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2023 @ 06:40 PM
link   
wmskamfm.com...

Gov. Beshear Signs Historic Legislation Legalizing Medical Cannabis

FRANKFORT, Ky. (March 31, 2023) – As part of his effort to reduce Kentuckians’ reliance on addictive opioids and to provide relief from severe and chronic pain, Gov. Andy Beshear joined lawmakers and advocates to sign Senate Bill 47, which legalizes medical cannabis in the commonwealth.

“In November, I signed an executive order to help Kentuckians with certain medical conditions, like our veterans suffering from PTSD, find safe and effective relief through medical cannabis,” Gov. Beshear said. “Now, I am finally able to sign this legislation into law and fully legalize medical cannabis – something the majority of Kentuckians support.”

The one thing that Illinois did right was to legalize cannabis and it looks like Kentucky is finally getting the hint. Today our Governor signed a bill legalizing medical cannabis and hopefully will legalize it for recreational use soon.
I just don't see why it's taken so long. Every gas station and grocery store can sell alcohol, but get caught with weed and you're in deep sh**. Just like alcohol, I think it's fine to sit in your own home and partake, just treat it like you would alcohol and don't get high and drive.
I was on opioids for years and after getting off of them, I found the occasional use to relieve pain was much better than a steady stream of Oxy or morphine or anything else. Seriously, if you can name a pain drug, I was on it at one time or another and usually a combo.

Glad to see Kentucky taking a step in the right direction.

posted on Mar, 31 2023 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I just don't see why it's taken so long.

Brainwashed old timers in the Bible Belt.

I’m happy that your state is coming to reason. 🍻

posted on Mar, 31 2023 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

brainwashed by whom?

posted on Mar, 31 2023 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: kittywrangler
a reply to: KKLOCO

brainwashed by whom?

My comment was self explanatory.

Older generations of people in the Bible Belt - the most diligent voters. There was a lot of propaganda against the herb for many decades. I’m sure you’re aware of it.
edit on 31-3-2023 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join