It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were to put all of your needed nutrition into a single soup, what would you make

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2023 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Yes.

We call it chili.

posted on Apr, 1 2023 @ 09:32 PM
link   
We have it so easy today with vitamin and mineral supplements. But food wise, I just did a run down on my most basic nutritional needs and a minimum of quantity.

Black Soybeans - not to be confused with the common Black Turtle Beans used in many dishes, has the most protein.

I figure if I have some dehydrated Serrano peppers, salt, Black Soybeans, Brown rice and a few packs of sprouting seeds like Alfalfa, Broccoli, Mung beans, Radish etc. for a fresh food alternative, Oatmeal, Cornmeal, and last but not least, Spam or something along those lines, I'd be set nutrition wise. Since everyone's situation is different, adding to this list can't hurt if you can either carry it or have space to store it. And of course I have vitamin and mineral supplements.

Some people suffer from food fatigue very easily, some don't. It's a mental thing. Ideally, you would be in a location where you could add to your meals with local flora and fauna options.

The native americans would take long trips with only some Pinole (here is an excellent article about it: www.offthegridnews.com...) and Pemmican and hunt as they went.

In my BOB, I have a 1 pound bag of brown rice, 1 pound bag of black soybeans, 1 bag of dehydrated Bonito flakes (fish shavings), alfalfa seeds for sprouts and coffee. It will keep me alive long enough to figure something out I hope.

Almost any food you eat can be "soup" by simply adding water to it. And soup form is the best way to go serving wise, no need for utensils and you get more nutrition because you get every morsel into your body.

edit on 1730202300000030bSat, 01 Apr 2023 21:37:17 -05002023000000x by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2023 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I like soups, will try yours, sounds good,

posted on Jan, 4 2024 @ 09:59 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

top topics

<< 1   >>

join