It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were to put all of your needed nutrition into a single soup, what would you make

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2023 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I have quite the collection, way! However, I would like to see what y'all know and think about a container of all you need to add to hot water to make a soup that has as close to everything you nutritionally need as possible.

One source for vitamins, minerals, protein, sugars, calories, etc.

Not like throwing a lemon coated pig into a beehive after feeding it a lot of veggies and a fish in the butt.

Is it even possible?

posted on Mar, 30 2023 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: godservant
I have quite the collection, way! However, I would like to see what y'all know and think about a container of all you need to add to hot water to make a soup that has as close to everything you nutritionally need as possible.

Not like throwing a lemon coated pig into a beehive after feeding it a lot of veggies and a fish in the butt.

Is it even possible?

Yes, it's called beer...

posted on Mar, 30 2023 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: godservant

Is it even possible?

Yes, it's called beer...

I was going to say bourbon but you do you!

posted on Mar, 30 2023 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: godservant

Can't go wrong with this as a base, pick your protein and maybe add 1/4 cup brown or wild rice and an extra half cup of bone broth if not adjust the water-to-broth ratio.

Ingredients
¼ cup olive oil

1 onion, chopped

2 carrots, diced

2 stalks celery, chopped

2 cloves garlic, minced

1 bay leaf

1 teaspoon dried oregano

1 teaspoon dried basil

2 cups dry lentils

8 cups water

1 (14.5 ounce) can crushed tomatoes

½ cup spinach, rinsed and thinly sliced

2 tablespoons vinegar

salt to taste

ground black pepper to taste

posted on Mar, 30 2023 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I saw something about a cave expedition years ago. They just took freeze dried food, ran it through a grinder then mixed it. They then used a hydraulic press to put it into gallon jugs, packed to a solid form. One gallon jug was enough for a single person for a month.

Scoop it out and mix with heated cave water. Every meal the same for months. I think they got tired of it.

I think it was in central or South America.
edit on 30-3-2023 by beyondknowledge2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2023 @ 08:36 PM
link   

my wife makes something using dashi (fish broth), shiro miso, seaweed, freshly grated ginger, cabbage, carrots, onions, leeks, shrimp, fish, mussels, scallops, lemon zest, and a bottle of Kirin Ichiban beer.

It can be pickled and stored.
edit on 30 3 2023 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2023 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan

my wife makes something using dashi (fish broth), shiro miso, seaweed, freshly grated ginger, cabbage, carrots, onions, leeks, shrimp, fish, mussels, scallops, lemon zest, and a bottle of Kirin Ichiban beer.

That sounds excellent...but you had me with the mussels been ages since I've had good mussels

What's the best fish? I would imagine it needs to be a more hearty flesh or doesn't it just flakes into the soup, or is that the point? Otherwise, I'm thinking of good cod or Mahi Mahi

posted on Mar, 30 2023 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: tamusan

That sounds excellent...but you had me with the mussels been ages since I've had good mussels

What's the best fish? I would imagine it needs to be a more hearty flesh or doesn't it just flakes into the soup, or is that the point? Otherwise, I'm thinking of good cod or Mahi Mahi

Sablefish is what she would like to use, but we can't always find it. She'll use anything from cod to halibut. Even salmon would be good. She cuts the fillet up into quarter sized pieces.
edit on 30 3 2023 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2023 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

It sort of a Japanese version of this. Another soup that I love:
CIOPPINO: A SPECIAL OCCASION ITALIAN SEAFOOD SOUP FOR CHRISTMAS EVE

posted on Mar, 30 2023 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Hot and sour soup.

Protein = tofu & pork & egg
Veg/fiber = bamboo, pepper, scallions, mushrooms
Minerals / electrolytes = broth
Mental = taste= happiness

posted on Mar, 30 2023 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I make a lot of soups. They take a lot of time to make from scratch but with the right ingredients you can get a lot of nutrition and they do last in the fridge for about five days if proper natural food chemistry is used. The big thing is to let cool then put in the fridge in an appropriate time...usually less than an hour after you eat a bowl. Then when having some, scoop some out of the pot to fulfill your needs at the time and heat it...if you heat the whole pot it gets mushy the next time.

I make kalla Mojakka, beef soups, chicken soups, and split pea and ham soups. All have medicinal properties and are calming. I also make cream of asparagus soup about once a week. And of course, I do boil bones with certain veggies to make beef bone broth to use to make french onion soup and minestrome soup...which the bone broth freezes in a container well for about six months. Chicken broth also makes good egg drop soup.

I tried buying bone broth from the store but it is not very good, might as well buy some beef consume or beef broth because it is way cheaper with the same fake taste. Grass fed organic bone broth is supposedly very nutritious and tastes pretty good, but it takes at a minimum of boiling it with specific veggie chemistry of around eighteen hours to make a pot. The bone grease from that is great tasting and has some good health properties to it....I put some on top of the quart freezer containers to use to fry the onions for french onion soups which adds nutrition and flavor to the soup.

Since it takes so much time...not that much actual work....I make big pots of soups when I make them, giving them to the kids and grandkids when they are sick or just to supply them with a healthy lunch. I keep a couple of servings for the wife and I and give the rest to our offspring. Stuff like egg drop soup and the cream of asparagus I usually just keep for the wife and I...we make that in lower quantities...enough for a couple of cups or bowls each.

How often do I cook soups...probably maybe sixty times or more a year...we usually have soups or stews about three meals a week every week.

A huge pot of chicken soup that can feed eight people with leftovers costs about ten bucks to make...Beef costs more, that runs about eighteen bucks for enough for eight people to fill up on for a meal. Usually I make homemade bread and rolls to go with the soup.

If I was working I would not have the time and energy to be making soups, a person would be too tired to make it except maybe on a weekend, but weekends also are used to work on your own stuff that needs to be done.

I have tried some of the soup packages that they sell to make soup, and although they are kind of tasty, the flavor does not seem real or healthy. I guess I am spoiled. Getting some plastic containers with screw on lids was a wise investment for us to freeze broth and minestrone soup. They clean up well for reuse. But you cannot put certain highly spiced foods in them or they retain a smell. We used to get the quart and pint containers with snap on lids, but we have not got a supplier around here for the ones with the good sealing lids like the restaurants have. I should try Rhinehardt to see if they sell them.

posted on Mar, 31 2023 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Depends... are you contemplating eating 1 meal a day and trying to cover all bases?

That wont work because of simple physiology.
Even if you squeezed a whole days nutrients into a single meal, your body wouldnt be able to process it all and most would go to waste, except for the parts that could be reconfigured to storage fat.

Thats why we eat several times a day.

Say you eat 100% magnesium in the morning. Your body will not store the procentages its doesnt use immediately...

So you would have to eat the same thing 3 times a days pr so... preferrebly more often.

The body's processes run continously and some of them only when you sleep, so if you took in all nutrients in the morning, you will have nothing to work with for the sleep processes.

There are no easy shortcuts.

Which is also why you will see people fasting or "on a diet (which is downright dumb)" are often tired / fatigued / irretable.

Lack of energy is the body's expression of not getting enough nutrients for its current normal state.

posted on Mar, 31 2023 @ 04:15 AM
link   
i don't eat soup.

but hot pot looks like it would do the trick. cook meats and veg and other stuff in a broth with a bunch of friends and

drink the soup at the end.

posted on Mar, 31 2023 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Venison vegetable soup. Venison, carrots, potatoes, tomatoes, green beans, broccoli, corn, peas. Yum.

posted on Mar, 31 2023 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I’m going to answer this a bit differently. Since it is in the Survival Forum, I’m going to guess long term grid down foraging situation. In that case, most of your meals will be gathered wild edibles cooked as a soup. Even boiled greens such as dock (know what you are doing here) or stinging nettles (also know what you are doing)….is a soup of sorts.

Eventually you may have traditional crops of potatoes, carrots, turnips, etc. Cabbage is a wonderful food. Cabbage moths and lack of seven dust will make it useless to plant. You might not ever have wheat flour again but plenty of substitutes including potatoes will make your meals consist mostly of a flat fry bread, soup of some sort and fish. Wild game and traditional veggies will be a treat in the first couple years. Eventually eggs, but that indicates more stability. Raising chickens is a lot more noticeable than scattered hidden vegetables.

posted on Mar, 31 2023 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

I worked with a Polish lady and she said that dinner was whatever her mom could catch and make into soup, often small fish.

The thing that worries me about that is that our waters are sooo polluted, we are damned if we do, damned if we don’t.

posted on Mar, 31 2023 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

Can't go wrong with this as a base, pick your protein and maybe add 1/4 cup brown or wild rice and an extra half cup of bone broth if not adjust the water-to-broth ratio.

Ingredients
¼ cup olive oil

1 onion, chopped

2 carrots, diced

2 stalks celery, chopped

2 cloves garlic, minced

1 bay leaf

1 teaspoon dried oregano

1 teaspoon dried basil

2 cups dry lentils

8 cups water

1 (14.5 ounce) can crushed tomatoes

½ cup spinach, rinsed and thinly sliced

2 tablespoons vinegar

salt to taste

ground black pepper to taste

Add two cups of vodka and it would be perfect!

posted on Apr, 1 2023 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Hamburger!

You have bread (the bun), protein (the patty), vegetables (lettuce, onions), fruit ('mater), and it tastes like manna from heaven. Plus, it's easy to eat.

Do they even make hamburger soup?

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 1 2023 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: sarahvital
i don't eat soup.

but hot pot looks like it would do the trick. cook meats and veg and other stuff in a broth with a bunch of friends and

drink the soup at the end.

You must have a hell of a big hot pot to get a bunch of friends in it. I suppose it is a special Hot tub in a sauna room or something

posted on Apr, 1 2023 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Stay in Peak Mental & Physical Condition with These 5 Healthy Survival Foods

www.survivalfood.com...

Making Pemmican - The Ultimate Survival Food

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join