It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio River Disaster as Barge With Tons of Toxic Methanol Sinks

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2023 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: flice
a reply to: enament

Dumbest post ever.... really. You should take basic physiology classes.

OK prove me wrong, I've been using Methanol my whole life, bet you didn't know ethanol is drinking grade alcohol unless its been denatured.

Please explain to me whats so dumb about the truth. Making a comment like you did without explaining yourself makes you sound uneducated.

posted on Mar, 30 2023 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Actually without a gelling agent it wouldn't clog anything. Used topically its harmless, ingesting it is toxic but in small quantities wouldn't kill you ( not recommended ). People who are alcoholics have been known to drink it ( also not recommended ).

During the prohibition years the government spiked ethanol with methanol which is where if you drink it you'll go blind came from.

posted on Mar, 30 2023 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
Spills & leaking chemicals in the Ohio is a bad deal no matter how "less bad than other chemicals they are". I have no clue why Catfish & other species haven't just given up an hiked right on outta there before now. While we haven't hit the "Burning River Benchmark" of the Cayuga River near Cleveland, I've never seen the Yough any color other than brown. The Allegheny is cleaner & usually blue but the mix of the two making the Ohio is just brown nastiness.
(an yes I believe I WILL talk smack about my hometown)

new topics

<< 1   >>

join