It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio River Disaster as Barge With Tons of Toxic Methanol Sinks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2023 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Look out anybody who gets water from The Ohio River !!

Now we have a bunch of barges floating loose all over the place !!

One in particular is carrying 1,400 tons of methanol and apparently has sunk !!

Jesus wtf again 🤡

Anybody have any details ??

🤡 Ohio River Disaster as Barge With Tons of Toxic Methanol Sinks

Abarge carrying 1,400 tons of methanol, a toxic substance, is among those to have crashed on the Ohio River near Louisville, Kentucky, on Tuesday and is partially submerged.

The Louisville Metropolitan Emergency Services (LMES) said that shortly after 2 a.m. ET a vessel towing 11 barges made contact with a "stationary structure" at the entrance to the Portland Canal, to the west of Louisville, near the McAlpine Dam.

It comes just weeks after a toxic plume traveled down the major U.S. waterway from the site of a train derailment near East Palestine, on the border between Ohio and Pennsylvania, prompting measures to prevent contamination of the drinking water that is supplied to around 5 million people from the river.

posted on Mar, 29 2023 @ 11:05 AM
link   
more recent report: ❗️

posted on Mar, 29 2023 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

This is just plain wood alcohol, I use it for many things, its also refereed to as rubbing alcohol.
Isopropyl alcohol is also used for extraction methods.

It often comes in blends of 30% 70% and 99% and can be found in any drug store usually next to Hydrogen peroxide.

posted on Mar, 29 2023 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: enament

This is just plain wood alcohol, I use it for many things, its also refereed to as rubbing alcohol.

It often comes in blends of 30% 70% and 99% and can be found in any drug store usually next to Hydrogen peroxide.

Methanol, also known as wood alcohol, is a commonly used organic solvent that, because of its toxicity, can cause metabolic acidosis, neurologic sequelae, and even death, when ingested. It is a constituent of many commercially available industrial solvents and of poorly adulterated alcoholic beverages.

Yeah, nothing to worry about. Move on.

posted on Mar, 29 2023 @ 05:42 PM
link   

any good recipes ? 😁☠️

posted on Mar, 29 2023 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Works great for cleaning electronics,taking stickers off and making sticky stuff. Its great for itchy skin and bruises. Its the main ingredient of most hand sanitizers.

posted on Mar, 29 2023 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I know your gonna laugh but I gotta throw this out there. Its been on my mind since the 1st derailment. Is it possible that all this s**t is habbening in Ohio to back Jim Jordan down or screw with him in some way? It's just weird.......

posted on Mar, 29 2023 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: RookQueen
I know your gonna laugh but I gotta throw this out there. Its been on my mind since the 1st derailment. Is it possible that all this s**t is habbening in Ohio to back Jim Jordan down or screw with him in some way? It's just weird.......

Actually, very possible. Worth keeping that view in mind 😎

posted on Mar, 29 2023 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux

Methanol, also known as wood alcohol, is a commonly used organic solvent that, because of its toxicity, can cause metabolic acidosis, neurologic sequelae, and even death, when ingested. It is a constituent of many commercially available industrial solvents and of poorly adulterated alcoholic beverages.

People have been bathing in this stuff since the beginning of the scamdemic.
Its the main ingredient in hand sanitizer.

posted on Mar, 29 2023 @ 07:46 PM
link   

yeahbut it might jam up water filtration plants !!!

What happens if people drink the damn stuff? 😁

posted on Mar, 29 2023 @ 07:53 PM
link   
At that level of dilution...nothing. If you take a shot or 2 of it possibly bad things...which scales to death the more you drink.

posted on Mar, 29 2023 @ 08:08 PM
link   
It's a coincidence. Duh!

Global warming did it.

posted on Mar, 29 2023 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: v1rtu0s0

Can't say coincidence with the East Palestine train derailment yet. Barges breaking loose down the Ohio River in years past was almost a routine deal. Usually coal barges resulting in bridge closings until the barges got definitively stuck in one place. Yeah, safety, but it always made a commuter drama of folks all trying to get downriver to another bridge that was still open. Smarter drivers rockateered north along the Allegheny River, being able to get south over the Youghiogheny River.

Breakaway barges in the last 10yrs or so is just new to the folks who were kids back in the 90's.

posted on Mar, 29 2023 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Its the best aftershave there is. especially if you have any kind of acne..I been using since I started shaving..since I couldn't but high end Russian vodka which is what I was trying to simulate as that's what a relative uses..anywho the rubbing alcohol turned out to be the checker..love the stuff..if you mix it with paramedic grade burn treatment and put it on a bad burn..yeah stings a little..nothing like the feeling of 90 percent on fresh razored skin..the beard staysa reply to: enament

posted on Mar, 30 2023 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: RookQueen

If you're right about that, Jim should double down and call Soros to testify in front of Congress for funding the Weaponization of Government.

posted on Mar, 30 2023 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Manufactured shortage, because skin sanitizers and rubbing alcohol didn't skyrocket in price after Jan 2021?

posted on Mar, 30 2023 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

If the train leakage enters the river and contacts the meth, we could be looking at a situation.

posted on Mar, 30 2023 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday
Very much agree. I also notice that James Comer is from Ky. which is also being affected by this sinking ship but two Blackhawks have just crashed in Ky.

posted on Mar, 30 2023 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: RookQueen

And Rand Paul. This is beginning to look like a full-on assault on Americans over political issue that should be handled in Congress. At least it looks enough like that, that it should demand an investigation into these as possible opening shots of some kind of hidden Civil War taking place.

posted on Mar, 30 2023 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: enament

Dumbest post ever.... really. You should take basic physiology classes.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join