It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Victorian government overspending results in 5000 public servants being sacked. Bad management.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2023 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Here in Victoria straya, due to the labor government not being able to manage spending.

Now 5000 heads are on the chopping block and now being sacked, as the money needs to be funnelled into dans big spend.

As he cannot get funding from pension funds, or the feds to fund these big projects which are substantially over budget.

It’s piss poor that now thousands of families are being impacted by his financial mismanagement.

I saw this coming prior to the state election.

It’s been revealed if the opposition won the budget would be 10 billion better off as they would have cut spending.

www.theage.com.au...

The comments on the above story are pretty good.

Though question is really how critical we’re these 5000 staff, if services can be ran without them then were they milking the public purse.

edit on 29-3-2023 by robsmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2023 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: robsmith

Though question is really how critical we’re these 5000 staff, if services can be ran without them then were they milking the public purse.

That was my first thought. Here in the US, the termination of thousands of government workers/employees would be hailed as progress in the correct direction.

posted on Mar, 30 2023 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Smaller government? Bummer. I still think it isn’t real reform until politicians cease voting themselves a pay rise twice a year, no longer have access to a pension from the day they leave office and all the other perks these cretinous f’cktards enjoy.

Luckily they’re only paid in fiat, not real estate or public works.

a reply to: robsmith

join