It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hooligans: Eintracht vs Napoli

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 06:17 AM
link   

A group of radical SSC Napoli fans attacked the buses carrying Eintracht Frankfurt supporters in an avenue in Naples. They waited in hiding until the passing of the German entourage, guarded by several Italian police vans, and at a particular moment they appeared by surprise, throwing flares and firecrackers at the vehicles. The government had banned Eintracht fans from entering San Paolo Stadium for this match, but a group of radicals decided to travel to Italy anyway.

link
It apparently escalated quite a lot, 800 police had a hard time containing the mess and were themselves attacked.
Cars burned and the city centre is like after 'Goths invading Rome'.

I don't really understand Hooligan culture but it would seem violence was to be expected. Nobody knows why Germany didn't act to prevent them from travelling. So Italy's Salvini already said sthg like Germany has to pay for the damage.

edit on 16-3-2023 by Peeple because: working title

posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Let´s not forget the "city guerrilla", the hools from Atalanta Bergamo, who were the main part of the attacking "hools from Frankfurt". Bergamo is the archenemy of Napoli.

And if i see something like this i ask myself: Why don´t these hooligans do what they do where it makes sense, for example in Berlin, in the government district?

posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

As far as I'm aware it's usually the club that gets sanctioned for their hooligans...
being bared to enter the stadium does not prevent them from traveling to Naples, and the other group knew they were coming.
i think they had an appointment....

posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Read "Among the Thugs" by Bill Buford.

posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

It is strange, especially with how backward and uncivilized they believe Americans are. I mean we usually tear stuff up in some cities if they win a championship.

About the worst it gets, is ive heard of an Atlanta airport worker a Falcons fan, who egged the New Orleans Saints player bus while it was at the airport.

Ive also heard some NFL fans gather and moon another team's bus, I'm thinking it's Minnesota and Green Bay. About the craziest stuff was where the nut job Bama fan poisoned the famed tree at Toomer's Corner on the Auburn campus.

College sports had more incidences currently and historically, was listening to a podcast, where in the 70s Alabama came to visit Georgia in Athens and the night before the game Georgia fans got in thier cars and drove around the hotel honking their horns and flashing thier lights all night long, Georgia won the game as a slight underdog, There are so many but they are all mostly good-natured and well thought out non violent methods.

Like one year in the 40s Georgia was trvekng to Auburn1e3dyy

Flash forward Vols fans got Georgia's QB Stetson Bennett's cell phone number and called him all night long till he finally shut it off.

www.msn.com...

When Stetson Bennett scored the opening touchdown of Saturday's epic matchup between No. 3 Georgia and No. 1 Tennessee, he brought his hand to his ear in the universal symbol for "call me."

What was the reasoning behind that celebration?

According to rumors on Twitter, Bennett had his phone number leaked to Tennessee fans ahead of the game. They inundated him with phone calls meant to disrupt the quarterback. He used his moment of triumph to make fun of them.
Clearly, the overnight phone calls didn't do much to unsettle Bennett, who got the biggest of last laughs by scoring that TD.

If that truly was the reasoning behind the celebration, it's an all-timer.

posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 10:40 AM
link   
First thoughts were something along the lines "German's sending the Italian's some sort of message" yet looking at it logically it's just men being men

Maybe the world can only find peace by eliminating the men. All of them. It doesn't matter which country one looks at, there will be a percentage of the male population that given half a chance to break away from their state sponsored mindset will go and commit awful violence on another human being and enjoy this sport

It's men, not all of us, but it is men being men. My own team Wolverhampton Wanderers have their own group, the Subway Army, notorious as the name implies for attacking opposing fans in the under passages that surround Molineux.

We really do need an island somewhere so all these hooligans, neo Nazis, Islamic jihadists, violent men can go and fight it out between themselves and leave the rest of us out of it.

posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 11:52 AM
link   
There was some trouble at the first leg; Napoli Ultras have a bit of a reputation for slashing and stabbing etc and attacking 'normal' football fans.
Frankfurt have quite a large mob and for some reason have a close relationship with Atalanta who in turn have a rivalry with Napoli.

Frankfurt are more known for fighting other 'mobs' and don't really target or fight 'regular' football supporters or families etc - it really is very frowned upon in most hooligan/Casual circles.

Football hooliganism still occurs in most countries but nowhere near on the scale it did during the 70's, 80's & 90's.

I was going to do a thread on the subject a few years ago but thought better of it.

posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 12:35 PM
link   

edit on 16-3-2023 by didntasktobeborned because: I self deported

posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
There was some trouble at the first leg; Napoli Ultras have a bit of a reputation for slashing and stabbing etc and attacking 'normal' football fans.
Frankfurt have quite a large mob and for some reason have a close relationship with Atalanta who in turn have a rivalry with Napoli.

Frankfurt are more known for fighting other 'mobs' and don't really target or fight 'regular' football supporters or families etc - it really is very frowned upon in most hooligan/Casual circles.

Football hooliganism still occurs in most countries but nowhere near on the scale it did during the 70's, 80's & 90's.

I was going to do a thread on the subject a few years ago but thought better of it.

It's strange what is it about across the pond from the US? we love our sports here and are full of regionalism and support of our home teams, and I do as a Falcons fan have a general dislike for the Saints and thier fan in particular. But in a mostly good-natured way, don't feel the need or want to just beat the crap out of them, or be so riled up and demented to destroy property.

Georgia Bulldogs fans get ribbing because we occasionally bark at people, but thats about as obnoxious as it gets.

posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Georgia Bulldogs fans get ribbing because we occasionally bark at people, but thats about as obnoxious as it gets.

It has got much much more serious than that back in the day. Thankfully lessons have been learnt.

On 29 May 1985 when mostly Juventus fans escaping from a breach by Liverpool fans were pressed against a collapsing wall in the Heysel Stadium in Brussels, Belgium, before the start of the 1985 European Cup Final between the Italian and English clubs. Thirty-nine people—mostly Italians and Juventus fans—were killed and 600 were injured in the confrontation.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

The roots and causes of football hooliganism are many and varied and can be traced back to at least The Middle Ages.
It has been the subject of many academic studies and books - to do it justice it really does deserve a well thought out and researched thread.
Maybe one day....

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...(subculture)

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

And who gave birth and raised those men? one might ask...

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Id like to see the hooligans show up at an LSU game and act like maroons..though the hooligan culture, which was totally unaware it had its own society..pretty neat..til somebody loses an EYE!, and the cops show up..oh no..its hooligans..I like it..I got a house full of futbol players, my son and his buddies been futbolin for 15 years…now I understand why they can be such jerks..they play a game that was started by kicking the severed head of a conquered leader around …spoiled #z.

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

And who gave birth and raised those men? one might ask...

True Terpene
I guess it's more men also women play their part plus the society that prescribes them 'education.'

Saying that you can take all of the above away and everything would be exactly the same, possibly worse.

My friend (with Schizophrenia) recommended I visit a monkey house if I wanted to understand human beings. Watching one group of monkeys charging down a tree and attacking another group of monkeys in another tree, well it wasn't a one off. The attacks went on all the time. Atttack then regroup, back up their own tree. Then more attacks. Believe me there is no hope for the human ape

new topics

top topics

join