It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From Counterportation to Local Wormholes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 05:38 PM
link   
First, this is quantum mechanics. It does not work in the same manner as the “macro world” where we have eggs and bacon and coffee and ants and amoebas.

Next, this is actual QM backed physics! Quantum mechanics has been around for 100= years. The weirdness happens when you take two particles and entangle them at the quantum level. That pairing is direct and requires physical contact to happen.

Counterfactual quantum interaction does not have this direct contact between entangled particles. That is why it was given that name. It was not even realized in a lab until 2019.

Quantum teleportation is another weird thing where the state of one particle is transmitted to another location and another copy is created (the original is released to its fate and is no longer required).

Now, scientists have theorized that they have discovered what it will take using current quantum technology to actually realize what they are calling, counterportation:

We propose an experimental realisation of the protocol for the counterfactual disembodied transport of an unknown qubit -- or what we call counterportation -- where sender and receiver, remarkably, exchange no particles. We employ cavity quantum electrodynamics, estimating resources for beating the classical fidelity limit -- except, unlike teleportation, no pre-shared entanglement nor classical communication are required.

arXiv.org, arxiv:1807.06586 - From Counterportation to Local Wormholes.

John Rarity, professor of optical communication systems at the University of Bristol, said, "We experience a classical world which is actually built from quantum objects. The proposed experiment can reveal this underlying quantum nature showing that entirely separate quantum particles can be correlated without ever interacting. This correlation at a distance can then be used to transport quantum information (qbits) from one location to another without a particle having to traverse the space, creating what could be called a traversable wormhole."

Phys.org, ’Counterportation': Quantum breakthrough paves way for world-first experimental wormhole

In other words, they going to realize their research in quantum hardware of now. And, from the phys.org article, go about building a new quantum computer based on Counterportation!

Now that is “Gee Wally! That’s sure neato!” news but the armchair QM gears begin to turn and I wonder, “What does it mean to ol’ Schrödinger's cat?”

I mean, if you open up a wormhole to get your quantum state information is that technically collapsing the quantum wave function? And what about using a femtosecond laser to put Zeno’s paradox into effect? And finally, what about us macro blobs out here in the real world? What can it do for us??

Still, it has taken me four hours to understand the news before I could even ask a meaningful question!

Ya’ll might need a better mind than mine if you want a better explanation!!

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Plans are now in progress, in collaboration with leading U.K. quantum experts in Bristol, Oxford and York, to physically build this otherworldly-sounding wormhole in the lab.

"The goal in the near future is to physically build such a wormwhole in the lab, which can then be used as a testbed for rival physical theories, even ones of quantum gravity," Hatim added.

Source: OP Phys.org article

Wormholes in the lab!!

What if we hook one up to a black hole?

My mind jiggles!!

edit on 13-3-2023 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: Forgot quote! D’oh!

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

"Counterportation" lol... it's called sympathy magic. Basically this technology would act as wireless connection but without the relay equipment modern communications tend to rely on, including their access points and varying defects. "Worm holes"... That's what happens when you get enough eggs and bacon and coffee crammed together hard enough to suck in gravity and bend space. I thought this was quantum mechanics? Marvel movies aren't real science, don't let advertising gimmicks fool you.

Sympathy magic

edit on 13-3-2023 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

There is a whole realm where quantum effects are used to create macro world effects that I just call, “quantum magic”.

I just finished a Neal Stephenson novel about how philosophic Ideals can propagate through the multiverse. And then picked up The Rise and Fall of D.O.DO. which uses quantum mechanics to access multiverse “threads” using magic!!

Then this news item shows up. It does appear similar to sympathetic magic don’t it?!!

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Like I said it's not Harry Potter kind of stuff they're doing, it's just the foundation of next generation telecom mechanics, featuring much less mechanics because quantum. Can't wait for DARPA to partner with Microsoft and do something inconvenient with it.

edit on 13-3-2023 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 07:09 PM
link   

I don't think this has anything to do with wormholes as we know them...

Quantum teleportation is another weird thing where the state of one particle is transmitted to another location and another copy is created (the original is released to its fate and is no longer required).

This made me think of possession...

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 07:46 PM
link   

. . . . and the sensation is of being in multiple places at once. One's original location, and also being in the state where other nodes on the quantum(?) sub-net are observed by the observer (you).

There is also the distinct feeling that if pursued further one won't return from there. Maybe this fits with your last line in brackets above. Let go of the current anchor and one is no longer here.

One thing I would like to point out though.

While the science has a long way to go and looks at this as everything is connected, what one will find is there are nodes and networks already existing in the "quantum cosmos wide web".

I think science will eventually discover the quantum entanglement is an artificial creation. Or rather an artificial overlay. One might also suggest that someone somewhere long, long ago, thought up quantum physics thereby creating it in the first place. Others have found and contributed to the artificial system.

"Particles" can be said to be nodes, so can aggregates of particles, say; a star for instance.

Deus ex machina

Also:

Dea ex machina

(Mustn't forget the ladies ; )

‐------------------

ETA:

While I'm at it:

One will realise eventually that the charka system is an artificial overlay. So too the sacred lines of the earth (leys?).

Networking is everything.

edit on 13-3-2023 by NewNobodySpecial268 because: Waffling on

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

Yep, plus attachments who have unanchored and anchored elsewhere.

Opens up a whole new level; from pranks and general mayhem to outright warfare. "Internodal warfare".

Psychic hacking anyone? : )

Problem is though, to "travel" within the network, One needs a strong sense of self so one is not overwhelmed by "other node wierdness and otherly self defensive hostility".

The other consideration is accidentally dropping one's own physical anchor. Does the physical body die, or loose it's intelligence to become a vegetable or maybe just the animal instincts?

One might have to make "arrangements" with one's family before playing with posibly embarrassing and tragic translocation efforts.

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 10:14 PM
link   

I love this stuff. I understand some of it, but most goes way over my head. This defies logic and goes into the realm of probabilities.

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 10:46 PM
link   
No mention of the word "Theory" .
Shame on you .

posted on Mar, 14 2023 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

"Theory" in the public realm certainly. Who knows in the "black" world.

The "fictional" Philadelphia experiment story comes to mind here.

posted on Mar, 14 2023 @ 07:26 AM
link   

1) Now that is “Gee Wally! That’s sure neato!” news but the armchair QM gears begin to turn and I wonder, “What does it mean to ol’ Schrödinger's cat?”
2) I mean, if you open up a wormhole to get your quantum state information, is that technically collapsing the quantum wave function?
3) And what about using a femtosecond laser to put Zeno’s paradox into effect?
4) And finally, what about us macro blobs out here in the real world? What can it do for us??

Note my lack of eloquence and formal brainwash-, er, mental hygene. I mean, academic acuity. But according to the Counterportation article link: iopscience.iop.org...

1) That cat's gonna be split more ways than a cloned onion, but each one has space for a legion of demons.
2) No, they're going to explode the multipliers via otherwhere, anywhen.
3) Zeno just earned infinite contemplations and a hot enema.
4) Our WiFi gets a 0.000000001 transmit upgrade, not receive. They get another layer of authorized irresponsible immortality.

@TzarChasm , and @Terpene ,and @NewNobodySpecial268 , also get it, and I heart you all.

Quoting wizard Joshua P. Warren, "Most important is that tiny portal, that wormhole, between your ears, seated in a lump of warm flesh we call the brain. This wormhole-brain is where your entire conscious experience stems from, and it’s key that we take it seriously. The purpose of science is not to give us truth, but to merely provide models that seem consistent with the current level of human experience and observation. That is why the conclusions based on science are constantly changing. As the swamis say, truth is that which never changes. Only the human consciousness possesses the most important element of understanding truth: context."

This is just my post on the "experiment", but it is silly to devolve into cyborgs when that light snipers see go out is all anyone ever needed to get things done. Light is still there, even by defining darkness. Silliness, I tell ya!
End ramble.

posted on Mar, 14 2023 @ 07:06 PM
link   
ok comm. would this make it possible to write code for an emoji and make it appear as a quantum hologram in regular reality? would it make us be able to interface in such a way that we could literally grab a code off a touch screen with our thumb and forefinger and 'throw' it into reality..line of sight? If not..im quantum entangled in my head from this thread.
edit on 14-3-2023 by didntasktobeborned because: .

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Thought two: It's stealth stuff. Like Yith do.

From a Wiki article concerning the Lovecraftian thing:

The Shadow Out of Time indirectly tells of the Great Race of Yith, an extraterrestrial species with the ability to travel through space and time. The Yithians accomplish this by switching bodies with hosts from the intended time and place. The story implies that the effect, when seen from the outside, is similar to spiritual possession. The Yithians' original purpose was to study the history of various times and places, and they have amassed a "library city" that is filled with the past and future history of multiple races, including humans. Ultimately the Yithians use their ability to escape the destruction of their planet in another galaxy by switching bodies with a race of cone-shaped plant beings who lived 150 million years ago on Earth. The cone-shaped entities (subsequently also known as the Great Race of Yith) lived in their vast library city in what would later become Australia's Great Sandy Desert (22°3′14″S 125°0′39″E).[3]

Just another thought.
;saint:

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

We propose an experimental realisation of

Where do you see that they are claiming that they have actually made their version of a wormhole??

And as they said, technically, they can call it a wormhole because this will be counterfactually. Because no particles need be sent, essentially spacetime is bypassed. I guess it should be, a “wormhole of information” because that is what is being transmitted.

The article makes it clear as do the titles. Even so, they are building their idea in actual hardware.

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 10:35 AM
link   
The entire post quotes Quantum Theories as factual.
Buh-bye now .

edit on 3/15/23 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Plant beings are a familiar thing to me..just not cone shaped..You have any more on this?

a reply to: BeNotAfraid

posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: didntasktobeborned

On the "Yith", or the ability to do those things without tech? I'll venture.

posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 12:41 PM
link   
The hunter in me says the two would coincide

a reply to: BeNotAfraid

posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: didntasktobeborned

"It belongs in a museum!" vs "It belongs in an alien wildlife refuge!"

Fun. I'll put a report for you soon.

edit on 3162323 by BeNotAfraid because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join