It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists revive a ‘zombie virus’ that spent 48,500 years frozen in permafrost

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2023 @ 10:17 AM
link   

NASA climate scientists said the warmer conditions are causing part of the region’s permafrost, a frozen layer of soil that is beneath that surface, to thaw. One-fifth of the Northern Hemisphere is covered by permafrost.

Scientists said if the permafrost thaws significantly, some viruses described as “zombie viruses” that have been lying dormant for thousands of years could emerge and possibly endanger animals and humans.

While scientists are hopeful that antibiotics would be able to fight ancient bacterial illnesses, they are concerned about what would happen if viruses were to spread.

NASA said efforts should be made to stop the thaw by addressing overall climate concerns.

Zombie Virus?

I can remember Biden mentioning a zombie apocalypse back when he was VP.
(2014) Pentagon Ready for Zombie Apocalypse

Three things...

1. Like the Wuhan lab leak, I think this will be something released or attempted just in time for the next election.
2. This is NASA's shot for another strong push at climate change.
3. Scientists and .gov will push the newest thing, "antibiotics" that will stop the spread.

I guess there weren't enough of us that took their overnight vaccine so they're going to try to scare us with zombies. Is this really the point this country/world has reached?

Bonus material ---> CONPLAN 8888

posted on Mar, 9 2023 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018
Well the article does say they only studied the ones that effect amoeba and not humans or animals, but how reliable is that statement?

And I believe they call it zombie because it has been dormant for so long, so it's like it's back from the dead. not because it creates zombies.

posted on Mar, 9 2023 @ 10:29 AM
link   

They will need to hurry up their timeline before Fauci and the WHO get totally discredited

posted on Mar, 9 2023 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5ofineed5aladder
Well the article does say they only studied the ones that effect amoeba and not humans or animals, but how reliable is that statement?

And I believe they call it zombie because it has been dormant for so long, so it's like it's back from the dead. not because it creates zombies.

I'm no fan of zombie films, and I don't think it would be like what the movies show us, but I don't think it's a coincidence that the Pentagon discussed a zombie apocalypse and had plans made for it. After what I've seen over the past 6 years, I don't put anything past .gov.

The most important part here is that scientists say antibiotics (probably produced overnight) will hopefully stop the spread of the ancient illnesses while NASA is screaming that actions should be taken to help the climate immediately.

Besides.....

posted on Mar, 9 2023 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

They will need to hurry up their timeline before Fauci and the WHO get totally discredited

They're waiting to see if it takes off or not.

posted on Mar, 9 2023 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Well the Simpsons did predict a zombie virus.

It would be spread through beef because cattle would be fed beef and become sick and then make us sick…

posted on Mar, 9 2023 @ 10:54 AM
link   
CDC .gov takes the zombie outbreak event seriously, and you should, too!a reply to: LSU2018

Sponsored by the Umbrella Corporation. Our Business is Life Itself.

UFO's, zombies, rouge a.i., Lovecraftian shenanigans... News at the speed of livestream.

We should have been prepped by 2019. Hindsight was 2020. 2023? Welcome to the party, pal!

edit on 392323 by BeNotAfraid because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2023 @ 10:56 AM
link   
It will take off in the uk.
They do lockdowns “proper” there.

posted on Mar, 9 2023 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Is it "Have a go at the UK Day", again already?

posted on Mar, 9 2023 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Is it "Have a go at the UK Day", again already?

Only when they admit scarring their citizens to further their political goals.
Pretty sick and looked down on in most of the world, but you do you baby.
It’s the logical starting point until the Chinese reveal how “hilarious “ it was to release the virus to begin with.

posted on Mar, 9 2023 @ 11:54 AM
link   

What does the UK have to do with this thread?

posted on Mar, 9 2023 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Did the UK Government engaged in terrorising the public? Yes or no? I think we know the answer very well. Most Governments did the same thing. So stop engaging in vaccine apologetics and denialism of reality and stop defending the official narratives and pretending that there is nothing wrong going on.

Zombie viruses don't exist and clearly this is another of these tactics to create a reaction.
edit on 9-3-2023 by Asmodeus3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2023 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Asmodeus3

You are way off topic.

If you read the OP you will see that they do exist but I suspect that you are not understanding the "Zombie" bit.
edit on 9-3-2023 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2023 @ 12:03 PM
link   

When asked a question:

spread. I guess there weren't enough of us that took their overnight vaccine so they're going to try to scare us with zombies. Is this really the point this country/world has reached?

It is customary to respond.
ESPECIALLY when ONE nation’s politicians ADMIT using a pandemic to scare its people INTO A LOCKDOWN.
Yes, this is the point the UK has reached.

The fact that it is not being met in any meaningful way reveals the people.

Sorry
Not here

posted on Mar, 9 2023 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Guess you also don't understand the "zombie" thing either.

posted on Mar, 9 2023 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Guess you also don't understand the "zombie" thing either.

I understand tyranny and politicians lying to their constituents and laughing about it in “private “.
I don’t understand those constituents then excusing that behavior, but there are a lot of things I don’t understand about the uk.
It’s why I think it would start there.

posted on Mar, 9 2023 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Where are you from?

posted on Mar, 9 2023 @ 02:05 PM
link   

You are way off topic.

If you read the OP you will see that they do exist but I suspect that you are not understanding the "Zombie" bit.

That's a disingenuous argument given the title can be used for political purposes and the usual tactics to scare the public. Zombies and Vampires, Werewolfs and demons...

We have heard these arguments before. They are debunked.

posted on Mar, 9 2023 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Ahem. They are called zombie viruses because they have been brought back from the dead, not because they turn folk into zombies.

You are engaging in promoting a false narrative and denialism of science.

My "argument", which it isn't, is in no way "disingenuos".

My point was, try reading the OPs source and comprehending it rather than trying to fit it into your own belief system and agenda by twisting it out of shape.

posted on Mar, 9 2023 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Ahem. They are called zombie viruses because they have been brought back from the dead, not because they turn folk into zombies.

You are engaging in promoting a false narrative and denialism of science.

My "argument", which it isn't, is in no way "disingenuos".

My point was, try reading the OPs source and comprehending it rather than trying to fit it into your own belief system and agenda by twisting it out of shape.

Yes we know that long time before the thread was made. There was a discussion also at another thread sometime ago. And I also happen to read a lot...

I know what the meaning is. However the public can be easily scared with this terminology which is at least misleading.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join