It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Power of Citizen Journalists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2023 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Watching and listening to an SGT Report this morning, I've been struck with the realization that activists worldwide are now becoming our new journalists by using their phones to record news and then networking their findings with their contacts.

The Report I'm talking about is on the topic of Monsanto (now owned by Bayer) poisoning us with their spraying, and its relationship to the U.N.'s Agenda 2030.

These citizen journalists and the activists they assist are our hope for the future.

In the following screenshot the journalist is using a device to measure the effect from a helicopter that just passed by in the area:

rumble.com...

edit on 3/7/2023 by DevotedResearcher because: Typo

posted on Mar, 7 2023 @ 07:09 AM
link   
A word spoken in the darkness of the mind that speaks the loudeness thes days is bull o f lies and deciet.

sorry to have you all tell the lightness of truth that waits you all.

posted on Mar, 7 2023 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: DevotedResearcher
Yeah, this is how it must be, and it is a very good thing.
I remember that at the last WEF NWO SOS meeting, these evil creatures want to hasten Agenda 2030 to 2025; their words.

Lol evil is stupid. Amplify goodness.
The more merry men, the merrier.

posted on Mar, 7 2023 @ 08:12 AM
link   
The video you share as an example is one thing, but I believe the topic you address is more worthy of exploration than the tale of how "industrialist barons of the world" are abusing the rest of us who are not.

"Citizen Journalism" is a tricky thing. "Activism" is in my opinion the very epitome of bias. That doesn't have to be a good or bad thing... but it certainly isn't a guarantee of what I would consider "journalism" (as I embrace the concept.)

Each citizen is impassioned by their own bias... and thus any journalism in which they might engage may not benefit from "even handed" treatment or dispassionate analysis.

There is a reason they used to be trained to exercise that talent... now it's about advocacy... which is a 'cheap way' to denote "opinion." Advocacy sounds noble, until you realize that it is necessarily presumptive.

The newer phenomena of 'citizens' being enabled to post their observations directly - without an "editor" means we have to be careful... as careful as we should be when the new 'advocate journalists' report generally. Ironically... they are all citizen journalists now... they are no longer restrained by a professional ethic to follow up and investigate fully.

The problem with citizen journalists is that they lack standing to access sources they would need to complete their 'investigations.' The paradigm needs to evolve... but the "celebrity" mindset remains stubbornly entrenched...

posted on Mar, 7 2023 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maxmars
"Activism" is in my opinion the very epitome of bias. That doesn't have to be a good or bad thing... but it certainly isn't a guarantee of what I would consider "journalism" (as I embrace the concept.)

Each citizen is impassioned by their own bias... and thus any journalism in which they might engage may not benefit from "even handed" treatment or dispassionate analysis.

Yes, for good reason; citizens are living through the result of mainstream "journalism," the CIA Mockingbird press, which is killing us worldwide.

We the people are stepping up to the plate as a matter of survival.

top topics

join