It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New sweeping analysis debunks reports blaming gas stoves for respiratory illness

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2023 @ 05:06 AM
link   
New sweeping analysis debunks reports blaming gas stoves for respiratory illness

'When it comes to indoor air quality of cooking, the main driver of health risk is what you are cooking,'

FIRST ON FOX: A new independent analysis published Thursday morning concluded that natural gas-powered stoves are "not a significant determinant of residential indoor air quality."

The analysis — conducted by the California-based Catalyst Environmental Solutions and commissioned by the California Restaurant Association and the California Building Industry Association (CBIA) — examined dozens of existing studies and government reports. It concluded that existing research doesn't establish a significant connection between respiratory illness and gas stove usage despite recent media reports.

"When it comes to indoor air quality of cooking, the main driver of health risk is what you are cooking, not the fuel that you use to cook it," Dan Tormey, president of Catalyst Environmental Solutions and chief author of the report, told Fox News Digital in an interview. "A secondary finding is that the most effective way to protect your health during indoor cooking is to have proper ventilation."

Surprise, surprise....

My words are as an opiner, a layman, someone who is not vested in the 'control paradigms' being foisted upon us all.

Someone, somewhere "decided" another way to 'alter the behavior' of people is to continually frighten them... and thus, the idea of "How about if people thought their stoves and ovens were hurting their children?" was born. Never mind that the research they hinged their propaganda efforts was not really "all there" and kind fo shoddy biased work? Don't think so?

In early January, a member of the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) told Bloomberg that "any option is on the table" regarding a potential gas stove ban and that unsafe products can be banned, noting gas stoves were a "hidden hazard." He added that the idea that cooking had to be done on gas stoves was a "carefully manicured myth."

In the report, Bloomberg highlighted research published in December showing gas stoves were tied to childhood asthma cases.

However, the Rocky Mountain Institute, a pro-electrification group that funded the study, later walked back the findings and the White House denied that it was interested in banning gas stoves. The Department of Energy, though, has moved ahead with strict restrictions on future stove purchases and the CPSC has asked for public comments on safety of gas stoves.

[bold and underline is mine]

Bet I'm not wrong is stating that the whole process of "independent-expert" studies is a world of lies and obfuscation...

They have once again proven that we can never simply "believe" what they say anymore... rendering their very existence meaningless in terms of factual truth.

This is the moral of the story:

"When it comes to indoor air quality of cooking, the main driver of health risk is what you are cooking, not the fuel that you use to cook it," Dan Tormey, president of Catalyst Environmental Solutions and chief author of the report, told Fox News Digital in an interview. "A secondary finding is that the most effective way to protect your health during indoor cooking is to have proper ventilation."

Tormey noted that emissions produced by heating fish in oil, for example, may produce a large amount of emissions, sometimes enough to trigger a home's fire alarm. He said those emissions are more detrimental to respiratory health than whether the food was cooked on a gas stove or electric stove.

"It is the entire act of cooking, not just the natural gas, but other elements," he continued. "What you're cooking, the method you use to cook. And, in addition, [existing] studies don't separate out other factors."

Spread the word... they are full of crap, and only want us to "suffer more" in the name of "control."

edit on 3/3/2023 by Maxmars because: Because I'm not perfect

posted on Mar, 3 2023 @ 05:29 AM
link   
as it stands its one of the daftest ideas I've ever heard.. well alongside the periods when the experts declared eggs or bread are killers best avoided.. its like they can't go days without finding something to panic about..

we really must be close to the fall if this is all they have in the fear mongering arsenal..

btw i intend to island my home at some point this year.. islanding is taking the home off the national grid networks, i'm looking at local bio gas tanks either caged or an underground tank..I'm also looking at bank up (biogas) generator.. tough i suspect i'll end up making both hydrogen ready if the option is there at the time as that is where its all heading..
edit on 3-3-2023 by nickyw because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2023 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Maxmars

it makes you wonder if someone just made a bet or something. This was a top pick for "most clownish" thing of 2023.

And hasn't Cali already put this into law?

posted on Mar, 3 2023 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

going on the lockdown files (gov WhatsApp messages) the idea of this being a bet isn't at all as absurd as the governments we have..

posted on Mar, 3 2023 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Sadly we are witnessing the slow death of science, and the birth of it's replacement "The Science"....

posted on Mar, 3 2023 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

it makes you wonder if someone just made a bet or something. This was a top pick for "most clownish" thing of 2023.

And hasn't Cali already put this into law?

If they haven't already, I'd be surprised; since they are knee deep in a pool of their own 'reality.'

All-in-all the idea was just another example of the desperate measures they are willing to undertake to avoid facing the fact that they are already in "full failure" mode. At some point comedians will begin to nail them on this... that will represent the facade coming off their wonky edifice.

posted on Mar, 3 2023 @ 06:20 AM
link   

I don't think anyone needed a study to know this idea was BS.

Same with climate change causing heart attacks in young people.

Eggs causing blood lots.

I'm sure there are others just as ridiculous.

posted on Mar, 3 2023 @ 06:43 AM
link   

All you needed to figure out to know it was crap was when the same group started telling people in East Palestine their air and water was perfectly safe.

posted on Mar, 3 2023 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maxmars

'When it comes to indoor air quality of cooking, the main driver of health risk is what you are cooking,'

FIRST ON FOX: A new independent analysis published Thursday morning concluded that natural gas-powered stoves are "not a significant determinant of residential indoor air quality."

The analysis — conducted by the California-based Catalyst Environmental Solutions and commissioned by the California Restaurant Association and the California Building Industry Association (CBIA) — examined dozens of existing studies and government reports. It concluded that existing research doesn't establish a significant connection between respiratory illness and gas stove usage despite recent media reports.

Surprise, surprise....

My words are as an opiner, a layman, someone who is not vested in the 'control paradigms' being foisted upon us all.

Someone, somewhere "decided" another way to 'alter the behavior' of people is to continually frighten them... and thus, the idea of "How about if people thought there stoves and ovens were hurting their children?" was born. Never mind that the research they hinged their propaganda efforts was not really "all there" and kind fo shoddy biased work? Don't think so?

In early January, a member of the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) told Bloomberg that "any option is on the table" regarding a potential gas stove ban and that unsafe products can be banned, noting gas stoves were a "hidden hazard." He added that the idea that cooking had to be done on gas stoves was a "carefully manicured myth."

In the report, Bloomberg highlighted research published in December showing gas stoves were tied to childhood asthma cases.

However, the Rocky Mountain Institute, a pro-electrification group that funded the study, later walked back the findings and the White House denied that it was interested in banning gas stoves. The Department of Energy, though, has moved ahead with strict restrictions on future stove purchases and the CPSC has asked for public comments on safety of gas stoves.

[bold and underline is mine]

Bet I'm not wrong is stating that the whole process of "independent-expert" studies is a world of lies and obfuscation...

They have once again proven that we can never simply "believe" what they say anymore... rendering their very existence meaningless in terms of factual truth.

This is the moral of the story:

Tormey noted that emissions produced by heating fish in oil, for example, may produce a large amount of emissions, sometimes enough to trigger a home's fire alarm. He said those emissions are more detrimental to respiratory health than whether the food was cooked on a gas stove or electric stove.

"It is the entire act of cooking, not just the natural gas, but other elements," he continued. "What you're cooking, the method you use to cook. And, in addition, [existing] studies don't separate out other factors."

Spread the word... they are full of crap, and only want us to "suffer more" in the name of "control."

You know this is true because California signed off on it. My G.Fuel powder drink mix has a California state warning on it that says "California warns: Contents may contain lead" in a drink mix!?!?

California thinks everything will kill you... I'm surprised the California surgeon general isn't warning that Sleeping will raise the rates of cancer yet.... LOL

This just in; "California warns that living is the leading cause of death, and marriage is the leading cause of divorce in the state of California, but your gas stoves are fine!"

Honestly really makes me trust the gas stoves.
edit on 3-3-2023 by SRPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2023 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I'd say the potential for a gas leak is the most dangerous thing about a gas stove. Second would be a stove fire if you let food burn.

Proper ventilation is necessary with any source of combustion, like fuel oil space heaters and gas generators for example, both of which kill more people than gas stoves due to emissions (carbon monoxide).

If they were to claim that an outdoor charcoal or gas grill was dangerous for children's health when used for cooking food, that would make it clear to me that this was about their agendas like CO2 global warming and not eating real meat and other foods.
edit on 3-3-2023 by MichiganSwampBuck because: For Clarity

posted on Mar, 3 2023 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Im surprised they aren't telling us natural gas is causing enlarged hearts, strokes and massive heart attacks among children and athletes.

posted on Mar, 3 2023 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Im surprised they aren't telling us natural gas is causing enlarged hearts, strokes and massive heart attacks among children and athletes.

They would if they could. I still expect excess mortality, compromised immune systems, and blood clots will be blamed on Global Warming, I mean Climate Change.

posted on Mar, 3 2023 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Wasn't it AOC that was defending this nonsense and posting against stoves?

AOC, the Democrats' MTG. Clones on opposite sides who serve the same purpose. Inflammatory rhetoric, escalation and fundraising. You'll find no actual legislation from either of them.

Sane people could have guessed this was a BS issue. Anything AOC or MTG attach themselves to is only there to entertain the gullible... the naive.

posted on Mar, 3 2023 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The funny part is that the air and water there is safe.

posted on Mar, 3 2023 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

The gasses created by cooking are heavier than air. They rise while they are hot and then sink when they are cold. Most places have draft vents that lead to their furnace. When the furnace is on most of the gasses are vented to the outside.

posted on Mar, 3 2023 @ 06:50 PM
link   
It seems they are throwing everything out there right now to mask the vaccine injury stats. There seems to be an uptick in kidney damage commercials and stories too.

posted on Mar, 3 2023 @ 06:50 PM
link   
It seems they are throwing everything out there right now to mask the vaccine injury stats. There seems to be an uptick in kidney damage commercials and stories too.

posted on Mar, 3 2023 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Only the easily brainwashed or incredibly dense/stupid people believed gas stoves caused statistically significant increases in respiratory disorders, glad someone went through the trouble of debunking those claims but politicians and media will still spread their falsities to further their sick agenda...

posted on Mar, 3 2023 @ 07:48 PM
link   

In Montreal, a city ordinance banned burning wood in wood fireplaces, with the same excuse, to "protect the children"

BUT

Still in Montreal, you can smoke tobacco or pot in your car or in your house with your kids present and THAT'S OK !!

Such obvious BS....
.....but Ze Leaders zaid zo on TV zo it must ve True ?
ReichT ?

posted on Mar, 3 2023 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TamtammyMacx

....and to attempt to fan the flames of Global Warming hysteria.....

No Gas stove
No heating

There !
Eat bugs and be grateful
edit on 3-3-2023 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join