It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is red Sheeran putting musicians on the unemployment line.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I saw some of Mr Ed’s concert. He was showing off his ability to use loop pedals and midi backups.

Most buskers can do what ed is doing.

This was for drums and other instruments.

Granted it takes talent to play midi backups.

Though when I go to a concert I want to see drum solos and mad guitar solos, not air music like Ed’s.

I don’t want to pay good money to see a glorified busker

Granted he might have a little bit of talent though share the stage.

I don’t just want see one person on stage the entire time.

m.youtube.com...

edit on 2-3-2023 by robsmith because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-3-2023 by robsmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 01:56 AM
link   
If and when I have to do park or street busking I'd keep it simple. For me it would be a ukulele with my www.boss.info...

Actually busking in a family park, at least here is pretty cool and even the local cops will stop by and listen. It's illegal though to panhandle money when busking here. Cops will ask you to leave.

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

That’s great, maybe have a sign: Donation’s of Sushi accepted.

Though if you lived in Victoria, you would get bodyslammed by the cops.

Though I go through an intersection and these panhandlers are there every day. Though if they sing I will flip ‘em a couple.

They just hold their hands out and expect money for nothing.

Mind you they are wearing north face and helly hansen clothes.

Eukeles are cool. If you can check out the eukele orchestra on YouTube, there’s a great cover of teenage dirt bag.

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: robsmith

That’s great, maybe have a sign: Donation’s of Sushi accepted.

Though if you lived in Victoria, you would get bodyslammed by the cops.

Though I go through an intersection and these panhandlers are there every day. Though if they sing I will flip ‘em a couple.

They just hold their hands out and expect money for nothing.

Mind you they are wearing north face and helly hansen clothes.

Eukeles are cool. If you can check out the eukele orchestra on YouTube, there’s a great cover of teenage dirt bag.

You know, I thought playing guitar was hip, but the ukulele has caught the world on fire. Years ago, you'd see a lot folk singers on the streets here, but its all died down these days. Everyone now is in their mid 40's and have families to support. But here we have a few very decent family parks and well lited up at night and always busy with activity during the summer. having the little AC/DC amp Katana 7 watt amp is light . Pack that and the ukulele on the bike and zip away .

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 02:34 AM
link   

My girls are learning ukulele, they are trying, have been for about a year.

Though I am trying to convince them to learn the electric organ.

I keep showing them videos of Booker t and the Meg’s and saying if you want to get a scholarship you need to learn a unique instrument.

Every kid in their school are atypically learning piano or violin….lol.

I say to em master a Hammond organ and the world will be your oyster.

That’s a great lifestyle, just cruise set up your gear, and perform and ride off.

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 03:49 AM
link   

My girls are learning ukulele, they are trying, have been for about a year.

Though I am trying to convince them to learn the electric organ.

I keep showing them videos of Booker t and the Meg’s and saying if you want to get a scholarship you need to learn a unique instrument.

Every kid in their school are atypically learning piano or violin….lol.

That’s a great lifestyle, just cruise set up your gear, and perform and ride off.

yeah, in a foreign country too what a life piss ass$$ poor though, but I guess I'm happy

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Plenty of failed piano players for them to compete with as they get serious with organ. The theremin, that’s a unique instrument.

a reply to: robsmith

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 07:58 AM
link   

That's a very good point, I hadn't thought of it quite that way before. But then, I might be a little biased as we play some Booker T and The MGs in my band and I play the organ on it.

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Organs...stay in tune (Ukes however.....not so much in learning stages)

Booker T.
Brian Auger
Keith Emerson
Rick Wakeman
Jon Lord
Ken Hensley
Billy Preston.....etc, etc....and ME!! All played a B3 since 1961(me).

All worthy mention ('cept maybe me...and then again, I can still jam on my own to anything).

posted on Mar, 3 2023 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
If and when I have to do park or street busking I'd keep it simple. For me it would be a ukulele with my www.boss.info...

Actually busking in a family park, at least here is pretty cool and even the local cops will stop by and listen. It's illegal though to panhandle money when busking here. Cops will ask you to leave.

Have you seen tokyo ga? Great scenes of life in tokyo in parks playing baseball, picnicking,
Looking at a past that seems gone but close enough to touch like it was just yesterday.

posted on Mar, 7 2023 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Awesome, it looks so complex the slides, foot pedals. I admire

posted on Mar, 7 2023 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Don't think much of this w the B3...but I still play bass w my feet on the pedals. You really don't use them these days..

Honorable Mention:

Jimmy Smith and James (yes, that 1)Brown plays the hits: no singing/James Brown B3 only....

new topics

top topics

join