It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force signs contract for first two E-7s

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2023 @ 05:10 PM
link   
The Air Force has awarded a $1.2B Undefinitized Contract Action to Boeing for the development of the first two E-7s for the US Air Force. The E-7 offers 360 degree coverage using a Multi-role Electronically Scanned Array radar mounted on top of the aircraft. The aircraft will be completed by August 2024, with $134M awarded immediately. The E-7s will replace the current E-3 Sentry as the Air Force's Airborne Command and Control aircraft. It will be far more capable, and there should be less risk, since the E-7A is operational with multiple Air Forces around the world.

SEATTLE, Feb. 28, 2023 — Boeing [NYSE:BA] will begin development of two new U.S. variants of the E-7 Airborne Early Warning & Control (AEW&C) aircraft through a $1.2 billion Undefinitized Contract Action.

The E-7 provides a fully integrated, combat-proven, flexible command and control node that delivers multi-domain awareness in the most challenging operational environments. The E-7’s open systems architecture and agile software design enable the aircraft's capabilities to evolve and remain ahead of future threats.

“The E-7 is a proven platform,” said Stu Voboril, E-7 program vice president and general manager. “It is the only advanced aircraft that is capable of meeting the U.S. Air Force’s near-term Airborne Early Warning & Control requirement while enabling integration across the joint force.”

boeing.mediaroom.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2023 @ 05:36 PM
link   
What exactly does "Undefinitized Contract Action" mean?
Just curious.

posted on Feb, 28 2023 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: quercusrex

Final contract price hasn't been settled on yet, but work is beginning. The initial contract is for $1.2B for the first two aircraft, but they haven't signed the final contract, with the firm price yet, so there may be a contract modification in the next few months.

posted on Feb, 28 2023 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

USAF has 31 operational E-3 and USAF is considering buying only TWO E-7 to replace them ?????????

More to come in subsequent contracts ?
edit on 28-2-2023 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2023 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Excuse for asking Mr. Zaphod , but aren't you giving out too much info to our enemies ? No offense, but like man, you really are very detail in your post. As someone who served in the USAF, I have to ask myself, why are you doing it?
edit on 0200000054092023-02-28T18:09:54-06:00095402pm6 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2023 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

They’re buying two to fully develop their requirements. The AF aircraft will be slightly different than existing E-7As.

posted on Feb, 28 2023 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Nothing I have posted is classified, Secret, or anything else. Boeing posted the information, and the government contract page, which is open to everyone to read confirmed it and expanded on Boeing’s information. I know perfectly well what to say and what not to say, so stuff it.
edit on 2/28/2023 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2023 @ 07:12 PM
link   
The DOD pigs at the trough, again.

posted on Feb, 28 2023 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: starviego

The E-3G is 50 years old. They barely got them upgraded to the G standard because of issues with them being so old. They should have been replaced 20 years ago, but after screwing the E-10A into the ground by trying to replace four aircraft with one, they decided to do nothing.

posted on Mar, 1 2023 @ 01:11 PM
link   
It's not my fault the DOD decided to waste a couple trillion dollars or so on pointless wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. They are well-funded and if they misspent those founds, it it not my responsibility to make up for it.

posted on Mar, 1 2023 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: starviego

It’s also not up to you to decide what the Pentagon spends their money on. Once it’s allocated it’s up to them where it’s spent. You can bitch all you want, but it doesn’t change the fact that they get to decide where the money goes.

new topics

top topics

join