It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eating ze bugs is a sign of the end times

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2023 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I was reading Paul's first letter to Timothy today and came upon these verses:

Chapter 4

"Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth."

An eye opener for me as usually we just read about the nasty sins, plagues, wars, disasters, signs in sky etc as being the signals.

edit on 21-2-2023 by Tucket because: typo

posted on Feb, 21 2023 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Tucket

People have been eating bugs for decades, if not, centuries.

They're called Cochineal beetles and are used for food colouring.

Yummy.

Freaks out the vegetarians when you give them coloured sweets or candies and THEN tell them what's in the red ones.

Deny Ignorance.

posted on Feb, 21 2023 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

Has anyone ever told you to eat bugs or plants over meat to save the planet before and threatened to legally force the issue?

posted on Feb, 21 2023 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

They're called Cochineal beetles and are used for food colouring.

Yummy.

Freaks out the vegetarians when you give them coloured sweets or candies and THEN tell them what's in the red ones.

Deny Ignorance.

How can you miss the point so readily?

I know at a whooping 9 lines, it goes pretty deep.

Try harder.

posted on Feb, 21 2023 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Well, just about everything which was predicted in the Bible is unfolding "right before our very eyes", yet somehow they fail to admit that or are oblivious to the truth / in denial.

posted on Feb, 21 2023 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Well, just about everything which was predicted in the Bible is unfolding "right before our very eyes", yet somehow they fail to admit that or are oblivious to the truth / in denial.

I suppose the bible to them is like global warming to us. Funny that God makes more sense... But

posted on Feb, 21 2023 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Has anyone ever told you to eat bugs or plants over meat to save the planet before and threatened to legally force the issue?

God is NOT the law and has nothing to do with anything "legal".

posted on Feb, 21 2023 @ 01:53 PM
link   

So God is fine with humanity torturing animals in factory farms, but eating plants and not harming living beings is a sign of the end times?

Well, sign me up for the end times!

If this isn't another clear sign that religious doctrines were created by mortal men of the time, then I don't know what is.

Plus, most people don't eat bugs or are vegan/vegetarian either. More religious nonsense IMO. But, interesting nontheless to see how distant religious folks thought the end of the world would be

posted on Feb, 21 2023 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

What's funny is the world needs 'meat' because all that 'meat' keeps the plants from overgrowing.

lol

Who is supposed to eat all the excess 'meat' if the non human predators are mostly in the zoo?

These people don't understand what an ecosystem is. We have created this system naturally over thousands and millions of years (eating meat) and it works.

posted on Feb, 21 2023 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

Millennia.

If it's a sign of the end times, it's been a long time coming.

posted on Feb, 21 2023 @ 02:44 PM
link   
The only time I have ever been told not to eat meat was at church. Lent, Fridays, and whatnot.

posted on Feb, 21 2023 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Vegan and gluten free options are just being considerate to consumers. I don't see any legislation prohibiting the sale of conventional protein. Schwab is just an investor, a moneybags mcgee who declares visionary ambitions but has no office to implement them.

posted on Feb, 21 2023 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Blasphemy!

posted on Feb, 21 2023 @ 04:18 PM
link   
If you look closely, you will see that Paul thought these teachings were being given out already in his own time. That's why he was warning Timothy that he needed to combat them.

See history of Gnosticism.

edit on 21-2-2023 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2023 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Turquosie

So God is fine with humanity torturing animals in factory farms, but eating plants and not harming living beings is a sign of the end times?

Well, sign me up for the end times!

If this isn't another clear sign that religious doctrines were created by mortal men of the time, then I don't know what is.

Plus, most people don't eat bugs or are vegan/vegetarian either. More religious nonsense IMO. But, interesting nontheless to see how distant religious folks thought the end of the world would be

I'll refer back to Tucket's second post since it applies here as well:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

How can you miss the point so readily?

I know at a whooping 9 lines, it goes pretty deep.

Try harder.

posted on Feb, 21 2023 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany

What's funny is the world needs 'meat' because all that 'meat' keeps the plants from overgrowing.

lol

Who is supposed to eat all the excess 'meat' if the non human predators are mostly in the zoo?

These people don't understand what an ecosystem is. We have created this system naturally over thousands and millions of years (eating meat) and it works.

And it takes only a couple years to completely ruin it. But hey... Turnups are the way to go! lol

posted on Feb, 21 2023 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

Our current ecosystem of meat is not natural. It's manmade system of production. So we could easily convert from manmade systems of meat production to veggie production overtime.

posted on Feb, 21 2023 @ 06:13 PM
link   

The point is that this is predictive, a prophecy. In the final days, you will be urged to give up meat in favor of other foods. Although it could be argued that commanded is much stronger than simply being urged.

In this case, the point of the scripture is that when we see society doing this, it's a sign that the end is drawing near.

So you take you God indignity and tamp it down.

posted on Feb, 21 2023 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Turquosie
a reply to: chris_stibrany

Our current ecosystem of meat is not natural. It's manmade system of production. So we could easily convert from manmade systems of meat production to veggie production overtime.

Monocrop agriculture is more damaging to the environment. Plus most livestock graze marginal lands that cannot be farmed grazing inedible plants and converting them to meat. The advantage to pasture being that it is also wildlife habitat where monocrop agricultural fields really are not.
edit on 21-2-2023 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2023 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Somehow I doubt factory farm cattle are benificial to the environment.. Plus we can solve all these issues. It's not like eating animals is needed to sustain the environment. If anything, it's hurting the environment.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join