It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knowledge Of Table Waiting Etiquette Compulsory For French Army Officers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2023 @ 03:00 AM
link   

. . . an evaluation for my officer class that we just passed consisted in “eating properly” and “knowing how to set a table in a noble way”, to respect the tradition of armored cavalry officers (supposed to be particularly noble)… Funny if it was just some tradition. Except no: it was decisive. Those who misaligned knives and forks got very bad marks, which would be reflected in their career and choice of regiment. The French army breaks the ambitions of young people who have been preparing for 6 years to lead tanks, for a story of forks…
www.thetruthseeker.co.uk...

I've seen Durham Cathedral set out with tables for a Military feast while homeless veterans were living in the woods on the riverbanks outside. The officers were strutting about with swords dangling and fancy uniforms. Pathetic creatures.

The first time I wore a tailored shirt it was Scottish officers army surplus. As soon as I put it on I felt the luxury.

Using the existence of standing forces to enable vanity and pompous behaviour will contribute to failure of military objectives.

posted on Feb, 18 2023 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Many world military forces do this.

It avoids having Officers that would otherwise be an embarrassment to all.

All forms of etiquette are taught at Military Academies.

P

posted on Feb, 18 2023 @ 07:04 AM
link   
The French, if anybody, should know a perfectly-set table doesn't matter when you've been overran.

posted on Feb, 18 2023 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

That way the table is set properly for the invading army when France surrenders.

They're very thoughtful.

posted on Feb, 18 2023 @ 10:44 PM
link   
there's more to it, haven't got it yet, still thinking. Something concerning their civil view masked in arrogance. The footwork of Savate comes to mind.

a reply to: pheonix358

new topics

top topics

join