It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3D Printed Firearms Have Come A Long Way ~ Hoffman Tactical Introduces The Orca 3D Printed AR-15

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2023 @ 01:07 AM
link   
The Orca has been released. After nine months of development the Orca 3D Printed AR-15 has arrived.

I had previously done a little research on 3d printed firearms which included the Vice documentary from a couple of years ago that showed the current level of development of 3d printed guns.

After watching this video, I decided to do some more digging. Hoffman Tactical's website is very informative, the man is clearly a patriot who cares to ensure we maintain our capacities to defend ourselves.

Has anyone printed any of their own firearms yet? You can use PSA+ filament & a $200 printer however they won't withstand high heat (leaving in a car on a sunny day). You might need a better printer to use the best available filaments for longevity and durability.

Who in their right minds would be opposed to people having the ability to create firearms for self-defense? 1,263 lives lost due to ''mass-shooters'' between the years of 2009 and 2020. Meanwhile, 90,000,000 lives have been lost due to evil governments in the past 100 years. Am I missing something here? Am I the crazy one?

hoffmantactical.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2023 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: livinglight108

You can use PSA+ filament & a $200 printer however they won't withstand high heat (leaving in a car on a sunny day). You might need a better printer to use the best available filaments for longevity and durability.

PLA filament, PLA+ works too, supposedly stronger and more durable in higher temperatures, but regular old PLA works just fine (for those I know who've printed pistol frames). You just need to be fairly confident in your ability to calibrate the 3D printer, and the precision and quality of the print it outputs. With that being said - it's fairly easy on a $200 Creality Ender 3 printer with a $20 roll of PLA filament. 3D printing itself is a fairly easy hobby until something breaks, or that first layer doesn't want to adhere
. Also its extremely time consuming. A pistol frame can take 20 hours depending.

posted on Feb, 16 2023 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: imthegoat

You can use PSA+ filament & a $200 printer however they won't withstand high heat (leaving in a car on a sunny day). You might need a better printer to use the best available filaments for longevity and durability.

PLA filament, PLA+ works too, supposedly stronger and more durable in higher temperatures, but regular old PLA works just fine (for those I know who've printed pistol frames). You just need to be fairly confident in your ability to calibrate the 3D printer, and the precision and quality of the print it outputs. With that being said - it's fairly easy on a $200 Creality Ender 3 printer with a $20 roll of PLA filament. 3D printing itself is a fairly easy hobby until something breaks, or that first layer doesn't want to adhere
. Also its extremely time consuming. A pistol frame can take 20 hours depending.

Thank you. Have you seen this new printer? This review is top-notch. It prints insanely fast. From what I know thus far which is very little the higher end printers need no calibration.

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: imthegoat

Thank you. Have you seen this new printer? This review is top-notch. It prints insanely fast. From what I know thus far which is very little the higher end printers need no calibration.

Yes, Bambulab X-1 is amazing in its performance, but I'd personally go with the Ankermake M5. Still faster than normal (250mm/s print speed), slower than the Bambulab's 500mm/s, but also half the cost, and I believe the Ankermake comes with more bells and whistles. The higher end printers still need calibration, they just have an easier process for 'leveling' the bed, which is still iffy and most people still use the manual method along with the 'automatic' leveling.

top topics

join