It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Two Teenage Girls Are Alleged Terrorists

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Two 16 year old girls currently living in New York City were arrested and are being held under immigration violation charges after Federal Authorities say they were planning to become suicide bombers. The girls, one from Bangladesh and one from Guinea were living in the USA illegally. According to the FBI, these girls pose a threat to US homeland security due to "evidence" found.

www.foxnews.com
The teenagers were arrested March 24 and were being held in a detention center in Leesport, Pa., The New York Times reported Thursday, citing a government document provided by a federal agent.

According to the document, the FBI found that the girls posed "an imminent threat to the security of the United States based upon evidence that they plan to be suicide bombers," the Times said.

The evidence was not described in the document.

Manny Van Pelt, a spokesman for Immigration and Customs Enforcement, a division of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, would confirm only that two juveniles had been arrested on "administrative immigration violations" and remained in custody.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

From various conjecture on FOX news, it is being suggested that these two teenagers either communicated their wishes to become suicide bombers via the internet and in personal writings. I honestly don't know what to make of this, if these girls were serious about becoming suicide bombers then certainly they are a threat to the U.S. but this could also just be part of teenage angst. Regardless the fact that they are both illegally in the U.S. does allow for the U.S. to hold them and deport them if necessary.

Related News Stories
NYC teens detained over suicide bomb plot concerns

[edit on 4-7-2005 by worldwatcher]

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Yes, it'd be nice if the government and media would distinguish between criminal terrorists and ideological terrorists.

Then again, I'd like to see the ambiguous and stupid word "terrorist" completely erased from the language.

Zip

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zipdot
Yes, it'd be nice if the government and media would distinguish between criminal terrorists and ideological terrorists.

Then again, I'd like to see the ambiguous and stupid word "terrorist" completely erased from the language.

Zip

Criminal terrorists are all "ideological terrorists."

if these girls were angry, for whatever reason, that anger could drive them to do what they said they would do.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Oh, so you believe in 1984-style Thought Crimes, eh?

Okay, how about "people that have committed actual crimes" and "people that have threatened to commit crimes" and "people that have kind of thought about considering committing crimes but may possibly be just horsing around but you never really know until it's too late I guess?"

[edit on 7-4-2005 by Zipdot]

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Thats great, the catholic ways of thought police? "Gee, I really want this, but can't buy it, only way to get it is to steal it, but I...." TO LATE!!!! YOU ALREADY THOUGHT ABOUT STEALING IT! THAT'S 10-12 YEARS!!!!

Or how about..... "Dang it, guy just cut me off, maybe I should speed up and....." SPEEDING! YOU WERE THINKING ABOUT SPEEDING! THAT IS A FINE OF $150.00 DOLLARS!

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   

The girls, one from Bangladesh and one from Guinea were living in the USA illegally.

No controversy here, just ship them the hell back where they came from.
No fuss, no muss. No need to even bring terrorist accusations into it.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   
IMO, this is one scenerio where profiling was put to good use. Two young adults living here illegally are caught plotting to turn themselves into human bombs. I don't care if they would or wouldn't have gone thru with it. At least the FBI seemed to get this one right

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I didn't see it day anywhere in there how they obtained the information. just wondering about that because this could get used to push the patriot act sections that are being debated.

Personally I say send em back where ever they came from and banned em from obtaining a visa.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
amid concerns they were potential recruits for a suicide bomb plot that never materialized

Details about the case, first reported Thursday by The New York Times, were sketchy, and a supporter of one of the girls claimed the accusations were false.

Two law enforcement officials, both speaking to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the case is pending, confirmed the content of the document, but suggested that it may have exaggerated the threat

Investigators were concerned that girls might be recruited sometime in the future for a suicide mission

Adem Carroll, a community activist with the Islamic Circle of North America (search), told the Times one of the girls had been arrested after she stopped attending public high school in September. Federal immigration agents investigated her home and discovered an essay about suicide and Islam on her computer, Carroll said.

The case seemed to be "an investigation that's gotten out of hand, like a lot of other so-called terror investigations," Carroll told the paper.

This should frighten you if you live in the US.

These girls are being arrested for a crime of "thought". A crime of "intent".

What if you forget to tip a waiter next time you go out and he calls the FBI and reports that he overheard you talking about "terrorist activity".

Say goodbye to your freedom, is what happens. You have to PROVE that you DIDN'T say anything. You have to PROVE you didn't INTEND to do anything.

All this while you are held illegally in jail and without access to counsel.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Hell, if the FBI read or listened to rap lyrics, I'd say about 50% of rappers would be arrested for terrorism / terroristic threats.

For real.

... Biggie Smalls: "I don't give a **** if she's pregnant, give me the baby rings and the number 1 mom pendant!" ... "My AK slay from far away, everybody hit the D-E-C-K!" ...

How about 3-6 Mafia: "Evacuate the ****in' area 'cause I'm so sinister with the street sweeper."

Zip

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo

What if you forget to tip a waiter next time you go out and he calls the FBI and reports that he overheard you talking about "terrorist activity".

Say goodbye to your freedom, is what happens. You have to PROVE that you DIDN'T say anything. You have to PROVE you didn't INTEND to do anything.

All this while you are held illegally in jail and without access to counsel.

The waiter needs to have evidence of what was being said... you can't just call the FBI and tell them that you heard someone say something about a terrorist act and they will beleive it... They will investigate if there is reasonable doubt, or if other people with no relation whatsoever heard the same thing.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zipdot
Hell, if the FBI read or listened to rap lyrics, I'd say about 50% of rappers would be arrested for terrorism / terroristic threats.

For real.

... Biggie Smalls: "I don't give a **** if she's pregnant, give me the baby rings and the number 1 mom pendant!" ... "My AK slay from far away, everybody hit the D-E-C-K!" ...

How about 3-6 Mafia: "Evacuate the ****in' area 'cause I'm so sinister with the street sweeper."

Zip

Seriously, I agree with you. How can they do such propaganda of terror and get away with it.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Discussion on FOX now:

The girls were not attending school, their Parents called the authorities, authorities got involved and were given permission to access the girls' stuff including their computers where they found these "threats" and found out the immigration status of at least one of them.

[edit on 4-7-2005 by worldwatcher]

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
The waiter needs to have evidence of what was being said... you can't just call the FBI and tell them that you heard someone say something about a terrorist act and they will beleive it... They will investigate if there is reasonable doubt, or if other people with no relation whatsoever heard the same thing.

Right, and during the "investigation," your phone is tapped and your email is read and your patriotism is questioned and you lose your job and one day you wake up and there's a little bug that looks like a walking microprocessor crawling out of your nose and you try to tell someone but they think you're CRAZY and you're institutionalized. Or whatever.

[edit on 7-4-2005 by Zipdot]

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Personally, I say throw em out of here. They are here illegaly and if they are stupid enough to propagate crap like that, they dont deserve to be here.

As far as the waiter stuff, Im sure someone would investigate. But thats what the patriot act is for. Clandestine investigation of terrorist activity. You people cant have it both ways. On one hand everyone complains that we did nothing to prevent 9/11, on the other hand they dont want anyone to look into them. Well, its a new day and age. You better get used to it.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Bottom line is they are illegals in this country. Teen angst has killed alot of people in the Gaza strip and Lebanon, why not here in America?

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Not even a difficult question:

1. Expressions of thought can be probable cause for an investigation, but are not a crime in and of themselves.

2. INTENT is not the same as THOUGHT. An essay about suicide and Islam is THOUGHT unless it expresses a specific decision/plan to take action. INTENT can be criminal.

3. There is not an inalienable right to enter the United States. Immigrants, both legal and illegal, are subject to the concerns of the United States. Although they enjoy the same freedoms and protections as citizens in almost every way, they CAN and SHOULD be denied enterance (or expelled) if there is a hightened risk of them threatening America. It can be argued that even the expression of mere thought about being a threat to the US would be enough for that.

4. Illegal immigrants should ALL be expelled, but to lean too much on that arguement is to abandon the crucial point of America's right to expell non-citizens (legal or otherwise) who may pose a threat. For that reason I don't think that the illegal status of these two young women should be the focal point of arguements for their expulsion.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

Muaddib, i am sorry if it seems like i am picking on you...
I merely want to point out that the facts are not in...
the only thing that made them pick these girls up, was that one missed school, and the teacher reported her...
the FBI then went and copied her hardrive, and found that she had a note about suicide (like most homesick teens probably have written at some time.) they found an UNCONNECTED note about islam...
even the agents are saying that this is overboard...

but none of that matters.
as gazrok said... they are underage and living alone illegally...
so no mess no fuss, pack em up, and ship them out... and any other underage illegals that are in this country.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Fox is reporting that the girls were just talking between themselves and had no real intentions of committing a crime. They are both still being held in custody because of immigration violations, however.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Fox is reporting that the girls were just talking between themselves and had no real intentions of committing a crime. They are both still being held in custody because of immigration violations, however.

Good, throw em out of here. You mean to tell me, that you are going to come here, use us, then start crap like that? Send em back to scum pit they came from. Lets see how much the hate us when they are back home eating grass for dinner again. BUH BYE!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join