It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super Bowl LVII

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Oof! Everyone is going to hate the Chiefs. He obviously held, but it still looks like they benefit way too much from the refs.

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It was a touchy call…

But :11 seconds and the field goal counts!

Really, this has been a great game!!

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 09:16 PM
link   
good deal Chiefs fun game to watch

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Oof! Everyone is going to hate the Chiefs. He obviously held, but it still looks like they benefit way too much from the refs.

He got held and those are the rules. Hell the DB may have held because he knew he was about to get beat
edit on 12-2-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Sorry there is a losing side but this has been an entertaining event!!

I was expecting a blowout but it was close the entire time. The Eagles could have won and that would have been cool too!

A fun Sunday!!

WOOT!!!

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: ketsuko

He got held and those are the rules. Hell the DB may have held because he knew he was about to get beat

That is usually what happens. It isn't that they are doing it on purpose though. It's just a side effect of trying so hard not to get beat.

Certain basketball fouls are the same way. You aren't trying; they're just a side effect of going hard and you get beat.

But my thing about it is, even though it was clearly a penalty and I agree it should have been called, it came at the 11th hour, saved the Chiefs' bacon, and swung the entire game sort of the like the refs' stupidity with the clock and the late hit call when we played the Bengals to get here.

People who are prone to find reasons to dislike the way things are will always point to those two calls.
edit on 12-2-2023 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Let's be glad we didn't have any more balloons to interrupt it... what perfect timing ...

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I think the best part all night for me was the Kelce thing.

Here is KC they've been all over the Kelce brothers storyline all week. We have had a solid week of coverage on that family. But even with all that, I look up, see an Eagles player wearing Kelce, and still go, "Wow! They have some guy named Kelce too!" I completely pulled a blank on it. My husband gave me "a look".

I proceeded to facepalm really hard.

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Great game, real nail-biter at times. Glad KC won, Mahomes is a true champion, came back tight after a repeat longtime injury.

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

GenX and I didn’t understand a word she said. As for the show…all I got out of it was a big fat red egg awash in individual sperm cells with flying cell phones. It was better than the guy with guys wearing underwear on their heads a couple years ago…other than that, pure crap.

Paul McCartney, Fleetwood Mac, Tom Petty, Prince…those were halftime shows. Play the classics. Don’t be weird. This is an audition to a disconnected audience.

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Interesting U2 commercial, telling us to look up and seeing a balloon in the sky. Good stuff! Go Chiefs!

posted on Feb, 12 2023 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I guess one of my other favorite things was the defensive player for KC who scooped those two fumbles for KC and ran them back had to have THE BEST media portrait for the purpose.

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Congrats on your day off!

Good game!

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I guess time (a very short time) heals all wounds, huh?

Wasn't two years ago everyone had thrown in the towel on professional sports and now it's okay again somehow.

Same with Netflix and just about everything many had seen the light about, now some of you have given up and given in.

If you can't be steadfast with your convictions, especially when you're RIGHT, how in the hell do you trust your decision making capabilities? How in the hell does anyone expect to see change???

IMO, some of you have no reason to complain about anything. It really takes a special kind of willful ignorance to know something, proclaim you know that something, take steps to eliminate the toxicity, and then just ignore all of what you know so you can pretend you don't know it.

Utter insanity.
edit on 2/13/2023 by EternalShadow because: eta

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 06:41 AM
link   
What’s so super about the bowl?

a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

Disgusted by what they do at the beginning with the other national anthem. Still keep tabs on the sports. Never stopped that.

Don't watch pre-games or halftimes, so we often miss the first part of the game. Sometimes as much as the whole quarter.

Last night, we watched Puppy Bowl instead of whatever it was they were calling a half-time show.

As far as Netflix, I have never subscribed to it.
edit on 13-2-2023 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Didn't like the halftime show. Not my cup of tea.

Did like the commercial when Ozzy said, "I've done my share of bad things, also your share of bad things".

I did put 20 dollars on the Chiefs. Happy they won.

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Things overheard at the Rhianna concert last night: "Why is there football?"

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Liked the game...played at a high level with few penalties and many great catches.
I don't watch the preambles of any sporting event...hard to believe thaey can talk that much about it.
Tried to watch the 1/2 show...gave up.
Made a big deal about the 2 black qbs...I wonder how Mahomes' mom feels...being lily white girl that raised him. related question...why do mixed race people (white/black - we used a diff term that is no longer in use) primarily identify as the black half? I'm not sure I thought of Mahomes as black before I heard he was. If being black in the US is such a difficult existence, why not ID as your white half?
dumb question, I suppose

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Can’t seem to get over them taking that knee, but that’s my problem, friends and family know how I can be.
There are stores I’ll never go in for a lot of reasons.
Bad manners, filth, pick a subject really.
Seriously, there are stores here I’d drive 100 miles to avoid if I had too……😂

Yeah, yeah, I know…….

Oh, the point?

Didn’t watch.
NEVER will….

Glad everyone had fun though….seriously!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join