It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pa. House Democrats want to require photo ID to purchase ammo but not to vote

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Pa. Democrats introduce bill to require photo ID to purchase ammo

www.cbsnews.com...

Some Pennsylvania House Democrats want to require photo identification to buy ammunition.

This is interesting. A requirement for Photo ID to purchase ammunition. Wouldn't this Bill discriminate against the poor and minorities? I mean that's the excuse that we get from Democrats every time the subject comes up concerning requiring Photo ID to vote.
Personally I don't see how gangbangers like Jamal and Tariq are going to be able to get Photo ID to buy ammo, if they can't get it to show when they vote.

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

Never fear, politicians will find a way to circumvent their own legislation; gang bangers are far too useful of a tool to let them run out of ammo.

'Fast and Furious' to be replaced with 'Slow and Steady'.

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Where is the inconsistency?

Democrats feel ammunition presents a danger to them.

Democrats also feel that verifing the citizenship of voters presents a danger to them.

Their beliefs are quite consistent.

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Ass Backwardism and Antiphrasis Syndrome Word Salads is the ticket that works every time on the dime 😎

It's the new formal abnormal 🤡

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: dandandat2

A danger to their power.

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 10:18 AM
link   
And to buy cigarettes, alcohol and many other things.
It is so ridiculous that you are not required to show ID before you cast your vote. The lawmakers are so disjointed from reality it really makes you wonder what happens to these people when they become politicians and lawmakers?

originally posted by: JIMC5499

Pa. Democrats introduce bill to require photo ID to purchase ammo

www.cbsnews.com...

Some Pennsylvania House Democrats want to require photo identification to buy ammunition.

This is interesting. A requirement for Photo ID to purchase ammunition. Wouldn't this Bill discriminate against the poor and minorities? I mean that's the excuse that we get from Democrats every time the subject comes up concerning requiring Photo ID to vote.
Personally I don't see how gangbangers like Jamal and Tariq are going to be able to get Photo ID to buy ammo, if they can't get it to show when they vote.

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Pennsylvania politics are corrupt to the bone , as a lifelong resident I’ve seen the corruption at all levels. Police , mayors , school boards , governors , state reps and judges.

Nothing suprises me here anymore

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Just give up and accept the WEF hell scape.

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Purchasing ammo in pa as far as I remember you needed id to prove you were 18 years or older. I must be living in a mandela effect clown world were i am mis remembering presenting ID to purchase bullets. Maybe tomorrow the headline will be PA democrats require ID for alcohol purchases or some 💩

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

In other news fetterman hospitalized for being light headed.

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Sorry but the ability to vote is a more dangerous thing than any gun or ammo could be. It should be regulated more stringently; ID and background checks to determine you're only registered in one location, that you're not registering for a dead person, that you're lawfully allowed to vote, etc.
edit on 2/11/23 by Hypntick because: Additional info

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

Never fear, politicians will find a way to circumvent their own legislation; gang bangers are far too useful of a tool to let them run out of ammo.

'Fast and Furious' to be replaced with 'Slow and Steady'.

In Chicago this came pre circumvented!
As if gang banners BUY ammo.

It's delivered by the crate, with fresh firearms right out of police lockup, or shipped in from God knows where by the CIA.

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 12:29 PM
link   
So, id for marbels, washers, silliputty, crayons, nails, screws, bb's, beads, ball bearings, jb weld, small sockets, screwdriver bits, copper wire, etc.. All that can be used for ammo.

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 12:45 PM
link   

The very fact that Republicans now have the house majority and election reform wasn't one of the first issues at hand is ABSURD. It's self defeating and it basically opens the door for whomever the globalist want in office in 2024.

I know this thread is addressing it at a state level but we need voting reform at a federal level before any other matters can be tackled.

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed

The very fact that Republicans now have the house majority and election reform wasn't one of the first issues at hand is ABSURD. It's self defeating and it basically opens the door for whomever the globalist want in office in 2024.

I know this thread is addressing it at a state level but we need voting reform at a federal level before any other matters can be tackled.

Maybe they proved it to themselves that they can actually win something, on top of election denial being proven to be unpopular with voters during the mid term elections, so it's on the back burner now.

This got me thinking about it and.. only 1 vote can be recorded per person regardless right? If I show up with someone elses voter registration and vote, the only way it counts is if they didn't vote correct?

I guess I could see something to the effect of "bro, why arent you voting? give me your voter registration and ill put a vote in for you, then go to a different poling place and put my vote in." But are you allowed to vote at a poling place that isn't your designated one? Like, if the nearest poling place is down the street, can I drive across town and vote at a different one or does the poling place have to line up with the address on the voter registration?
edit on CST01Sat, 11 Feb 2023 13:21:23 -060000000002b2023 by Thrumbo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 01:22 PM
link   
PA is one of the only states I had a job offer and would have been able to live comfortably there but didnt want to deal with the corruption. something is in the water in that state and I didnt want to risk drinking the koolaid.

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

The requirement is that you look 18 for rifle and shotgun ammo and look 21 for handgun ammo. There's no legal requirement for the seller to check.

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 04:16 PM
link   
With all the claims of election fraud it would probably be best to require identification. Sure, that will make it harder to vote for some folks, as detailed here in ballotpedia.org... :

"Voter ID laws deprive many voters of their right to vote, reduce participation, and stand in direct opposition to our country’s trend of including more Americans in the democratic process. Many Americans do not have one of the forms of identification states acceptable for voting. These voters are disproportionately low-income, racial and ethnic minorities, the elderly, and people with disabilities. Such voters more frequently have difficulty obtaining ID, because they cannot afford or cannot obtain the underlying documents that are a prerequisite to obtaining government-issued photo ID card."

However, I personally believe that if one really wants to vote - they should make time to verify they have the proper documentation needed.

Right before election time I see a lot of media and people saying "make sure you vote". I don't agree with this. Those who are uninformed and unmotivated to vote should not be encouraged to vote. The system needs quality voters of quantity.

So, while an ID for voting may be a strain for some, I believe it will weed out those who are not educated about who they are voting for. Some effort SHOULD be required to vote, as long as it's not preventing any American to vote.

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

Perhaps we do need federal reform for voting - but I get this creeping feeling that they only want voter reform that may go in their favor. It's like how hillary and trump only claim election fraud and that the system is wrong when it's affecting them.

Now that they are already elected, they are probably more focused on pushing their own agendas than actually doing anything that will improve our system. Per usually for most politicians.

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Turquosie

The funny thing is that when you register to vote in Pennsylvania you are issued a voter registration card. That and a Bill in your name, with the address you live at on it is all that is asking to be required. If you drive, get Public Assistance for which you have to have a bank account, the same as unemployment because it is all direct deposit you HAVE Photo ID.
Ballotpedia.org is full of BS.

new topics

top topics

join