It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost/Demon hangs man (scared me as a kid)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2023 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I'm not sure if this is real, but this picture always scared the hell out of me as a kid and supposedly it's real.

They called this the "Sàn Pedro Haunting". The woman was hearing scary sounds coming from the attic and sent this man up there to check it out and the demon or malevolent spirit wrapped some cords around his neck and hung him up in the attic roof to kill him. Luckily he was able to escape and live and his friend took some video and this is a pic of him being hung.

The pic scared the hell outta me as a kid and was wondering if you all thought it was real?

posted on Feb, 10 2023 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: MisguidedAngel
Zoomed in on 4k UHD , the head looks pasted on , with some weird shadows there.
I am calling fake.

posted on Feb, 10 2023 @ 07:01 AM
link   
It isn't fake, it happened. The image isn't as important as the testimony from all the witnesses. Watched a few different documentaries on this back when it happened, after it happened rather.

The guy's head does look like other images of various meme videos where people's heads are pasted on, but it only looks that way in this image because the guy was scrunched up to the ceiling in a relatively confined space, position.

The experience messed this guy up for a long time psychologically. He was taunting the spirit before this happened.

posted on Feb, 10 2023 @ 07:27 AM
link   

I remember seeing the video footage from this investigation and it scared the crap out of me when I was younger. The homeowners seemed to be genuinely terrified. Not sure if what happened in the attic is real or not (pretty easy to fake) but that video definitely left an impression on me.

posted on Feb, 10 2023 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Who goes into the attic, finds a friend hanging on the wall with chords waited around his neck, and says before anything else, "Ooo, lemme get a photo of this!" On such a circumstance. second can mean the difference between living and dying.

Also, you say that it scared you "as a kid." I would think that to mean that it happened before high quality cell phone cameras became ubiquitous. So, why'd they happen to have a good camera at hand? Or did they leave him there when they initially found him and go get the camera while he hung by his neck?

I'm calling staged photo.

posted on Feb, 10 2023 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
Who goes into the attic, finds a friend hanging on the wall with chords waited around his neck, and says before anything else, "Ooo, lemme get a photo of this!" On such a circumstance. second can mean the difference between living and dying.

Also, you say that it scared you "as a kid." I would think that to mean that it happened before high quality cell phone cameras became ubiquitous. So, why'd they happen to have a good camera at hand? Or did they leave him there when they initially found him and go get the camera while he hung by his neck?

The documentary/investigation happened in the late 80's/early 90's. I'm trying to find the original footage on YouTube but not having much luck. From what I remember, the investigator went up to the attic because of all the activity they were hearing. Someone with a camera was following up the ladder. That person heard the investigator scream and started taking pictures. One of the shots was the picture in the OP. I believe he said there was a wire that was hanging from the rafters that slipped around his neck and tightened.

posted on Feb, 10 2023 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Couldn't find the actual documentary but these videos talk about it and show some footage:

posted on Feb, 10 2023 @ 08:30 AM
link   

... Gary went up to find his colleague with only the repeated flash of his camera for illumination. When he found Jeff it was in a horrifying state, as he was hanging by the neck via a clothesline wrapped around a nail high on the wall. Jeff himself seemed to be in a dazed state, leaving Barry to rush to his rescue singlehandedly and snap him back to reality...

The way I interpreted the situation, Gary (one of the official photographers who worked with Dr. Barry Taff, the veteran investigator) was taking shots, not to photograph, but to illuminate the dark attic to find Jeff... luckily there was film in the camera, so that's the explanation for the series of photos. It's a stretch, but plausible.

edit on 10/2/2023 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2023 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I think it is real. And knowledge is power. With great power comes great responsibility. Better than bad is good.
Don't taunt evil.

posted on Feb, 10 2023 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

It was filmed during. Only saw once and the man hanging was relating the story on site.

ATS Sleuths? It's out there....plz post?

Thnx

posted on Feb, 10 2023 @ 09:31 AM
link   

My story has little to do with this story, but years ago a young nurse that I worked with that was from the Philippines, told us about her fear of ghosts.

She was not a religious person and said she did not believe in God at the time and is not sure if God has anything do with it, but she says she was at a party with just family and close friends. She said they had sent one of her cousins to go into the storage space to get more drinks.

She said when he did not come back, someone went looking for him. She said saw they him suspended in the air and not moving. She said they could not make out what was holding him up, but when they tried pulling him down, he opened his eyes and strated speaking in a voice that was not his.

She said some people screamed and ran, others tried pulling him down, but they could not move him.

She said some of the old people were called in and she said they lit the place up with candles and they all prayed. She said she was terrified.

She said she wanted to leave but was too afraid to move. She said the people prayed for what seemed like hours, and then he just fell to the ground. He claimed he did no know what happened. Said he did not remember anything except walking in the room, the room being dark, and his waking up on the floor.

The nurse said she never went back to that house again, and she believes she witnessed a possession, but thinks ghost were involved some how.

So maybe something in that category was going on in this situation. ?????

There is more in this world than we will ever see or know.

posted on Feb, 10 2023 @ 10:18 AM
link   

If you're interested in this subject,
the San Pedro case is definitely one of those that that deserves further research.

It's a mind blower. Dr Barry Taff said this was a case of an 'extreme poltergeist'. The entity was physically attacking people. One of the (possible) explanations offered was that it was the lingering spirit of a sailor or merchant marine worker that lived in the area several decades before the haunting began.

posted on Feb, 10 2023 @ 11:44 AM
link   

From what I remember there was 2 or 3 guys checking out the house for the woman, one of them was carrying around a camcorder and camera. From what I can remember the guy who took the footage/picture wasn't all the way up in the attic, he was standing on a ladder or drop down stairs and just his head or upper body was poking through the opening. I'm pretty sure it was the 80s it happened, I just remember the footage and this picture left a huge impression on me and the picture was engraved in my mind my whole life and it pretty much got me to believe that Demons and malevolent spirits were real

Edit-thanks for posting the videos and all the comments
edit on 10-2-2023 by MisguidedAngel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2023 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Question for any charitable soul around, I'm new in the server. How do you do to post pictures and open threads? Do you have to pay or wait for something?

posted on Feb, 10 2023 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ltrz2025

Question for any charitable soul around, I'm new in the server. How do you do to post pictures and open threads? Do you have to pay or wait for something?

Check out the Freshman Forum. Lots of good info there for new members!

Freshman Forum

posted on Feb, 10 2023 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker

txs

posted on Feb, 10 2023 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ltrz2025

To upload pictures you can can go to this page I post below and upload them from your device and then use the [pic] tags to copy and paste into ur post. It's the easiest way I found to do it and then it saves whatever you upload to use whenever you want

img.abovetopsecret.com...

Edit- to start a new thread you just use the "+" symbol that's in a circle at the top of any thread on the right hand side. Click on it and then post your thread title and main post.
edit on 10-2-2023 by MisguidedAngel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 05:41 PM
link   
This is a molding oldie, but from ancient knowledge handed down around camp fires sourced from divine trances in crumbling temples, this incident was as legitimate as it comes in paranormal land; with several credible sources, evidence and a web of mutual witnesses and agreement.

There's a few books, articles, documentaries and news stories about it ... and some of the videos taken in the house are interesting. The "haunting" (in quotes because I don't believe most of us really know what that is or means) was spectacular and unnerving.

It was probably hyped to some uncertain extent, as most are due to sporadic events and to sell books and keep the poor paranormal researchers fed and housed, but the basic facts do seem to be as supported as possible.

new topics

top topics

join