It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Templars, Freemasons and the Illuminati

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Templars, Freemasons and the Illuminati - multimedia stream

"Chris Bennett discusses the little known use of cannabis by medieval European Groups, Secret Socieities and related individuals leading up to modern times. What do figures like Shakespeare, Washington and Crowley have in common, they were all pot-heads and belonged to Secret Societies. "

rtsp://bob.avalonsunsplash.com/rm/hempmason.rm
Realplayer

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by mickmeaney
Templars, Freemasons and the Illuminati - multimedia stream

"Chris Bennett discusses the little known use of cannabis by medieval European Groups, Secret Socieities and related individuals leading up to modern times. What do figures like Shakespeare, Washington and Crowley have in common, they were all pot-heads and belonged to Secret Societies. "

rtsp://bob.avalonsunsplash.com/rm/hempmason.rm
Realplayer

Oh yeah dude
I'm sure they were all "pot heads". Potheads are unmotivated sterile junk-food eating vegetables watching bad TV and working at Starbucks. I hardly doubt the first president of the US could be considered a "pothead". It's just something you would like to exaggerate to fit your little agenda.

How about you try to not twist history around, and tell it like it was: George Washington, like MANY plantation owners at the time, grew hemp, among other things on his large plantation. Does that really make him a pothead? Or does that make you an exaggerator?

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Fact: The Knights Templar rode two Knights per horse!

A little questionable, considering they had enough horses for each, if they wanted?

Maybe connected to the fact that the world's armies have had their success strongly related to how THE SOLDIERS FELT about each other (hence the dominance of 'bisexual' armies, like the Greeks, Romans, and more).

So the Knights used the same thing, for numerous reasons, it would seem.

Seems Abstinence has just meant 'no sex with women' all this time...

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 02:23 AM
link   
if the illuminati and the templars were potheads, and the masons are really anti weed, ud think they would want to prove this?

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by akilles

Akilles, haven't you learned by now?!? If you claim it's a fact, POST YOUR EVIDENCE!!! I think you're lying, I don't think they rode two per horse. You're full of it and always will be as far as I'm concerned until you POST EVIDENCE OF YOUR CLAIMS.

Or can you not provide proof of this?

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I can never get over the rabid Masonic anti-pot stance, I mean it's really out of context for a drug that two thirds of British adults have admitted to taking during their life and probably sits somewhere slightly behind tabacco as being a dangerous drug.

Incidentally when they did a toxilogical examination on one of George Washingtons hairs a few years back (apparently his barber had kept some and given it to a museum) they found that he also used Opium (probably in cough lollies) and Cocaine (many "health tonics" had this in them back then.)

Hemp however was used predominantly for rope, paper and cloth manufacture until it was banned during the mid 20th century as part of Presedent Kennedy's push for an international agreement on prohibbited narcotics which was originally intended to stop Red China from openly exporting Heroine to generate cash.
Marijauna was really added as an afterthought, the accidental upshot of this was that it was put on equal terms with Heroine and Cocaine in the original mandates and it has taken more than half a century to re-address this.

It was actually legal in most countries (including Britain) before that time but was not widely used.

[edit on 9-4-2005 by MrNECROS]

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 04:46 AM
link   

As I recall the rules of the Order each Knight was required to have at a minimum
3 horses. 1 warhorse, 1pack horse, and 1 for day to day use. which is interesting, in that a horse during that period cost something like 15.00 dollars
and you could hire a crossbowman for about 8.00. Making it much more cost effective to ride a crossbowman.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrNECROS
I can never get over the rabid Masonic anti-pot stance

What anti-pot stance
Amongst the many issues freemasonry will not comment on, this is definately one of them. Please post evidence of any statement from any Grand Lodge regarding drugs.

I suspect that, as usual, you are confusing Freemasonry with Freemasons. Freemasons have a wide variety of opinions on a wide variety of subjects, just like any other subset of society. That's because Freemasonry does not tell its members what to think and how to act, it just lays down a system of morality and encourages its members to follow it. As a result many freemasons will be against drugs of any kind as they believe them to be immoral. However I know several freemasons who have a much more open approach to soft drugs such as cannabis. Horses for courses really.

Your whole paradigm about masonry is wrong, and until you adjust that you will perpetually be in the dark about the realities of freemasonry. But that's your choice.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by akilles

A little questionable, considering they had enough horses for each, if they wanted?

Maybe connected to the fact that the world's armies have had their success strongly related to how THE SOLDIERS FELT about each other (hence the dominance of 'bisexual' armies, like the Greeks, Romans, and more).

So the Knights used the same thing, for numerous reasons, it would seem.

Seems Abstinence has just meant 'no sex with women' all this time...

If they in fact did ride two per horse it was probably a military strategy. If you kill a single Night on a horse then you have a horse wondering around on the battlefield with no purpose. It sounds like they were getting the most out of one horse they could in battle. I read in Born In Blood (I finaly finished it this morning) that everyone who joined the Nights Templar expected to die in battle at some point in time.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   
MrNECROS - you REALLY don't know what you are talking about! Look into the Assasins/Hasch-ischins (Mystical Islamic Sect) & their Relationship with the Knights Templar during the Medieval Crusading Period!

BTW the "Medical Symbol" (Caduceus) is a *HERMETIC* Symbol!

"The Alchemical information about Cannabis use was reintroduced into Europe after the Dark Ages, when the Knights Templar, founded by Hugh de Payns around the beginning of the twelfth century, became involved in a trade of goods and knowledge with the Hashish ingesting Isma’ilis."

P.S. All of that stuff on FreeMasonry Watch is BOGUS! "Gnostic" does not mean "Satanic" or "Anti-Christian" - unless you believe that being a "True Christian" means constantly kissing the Pope's A**! This from the Church that tried to turn Jesus into some *Lilly White Guy*!

[edit on 9-4-2005 by Seraphim_Serpente]

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Seraphim_Serpente:
I'd have to disagree with your idea that hemp was introduced by the Templars, it's been cultivated in the British Isles for at least 6,000 years according to most historians, second only to barley as far as oldest known crop.
As I've said though, it was principaly used for rope, paper and cloth manufacture.
Modern strains have a much higher concentration of THC but even the old native strains could get you "high" and *may* have been used medicinely.

What the rest of your rant at me is about I have no idea.

Here is quite good debunk of the Hashish/Assasin myth.
The word Assasin is more likely derived from Hassassin (follower of al-Hassan.)
As the author points out, Persians didn't speak Arabic.
ETYMOLOGY OF ASSASSIN

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   
What I said is that the Assassins Introduced *HASH* to the Templars - who then Introduced it to Europe!

Yes, Mr. Necros - Since you are such an Expert - you probably know that there is a Difference between Hemp, Marijuana Flowers/Buds & Hash - unless you actually enjoy Smoking the *HEMP ROPE* of your Native Country. That sure would explain a LOT!

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Well Mr. Necros apparently you are unaware of were Potent Hash (Derived from the Cannabis Indicia Plant) Originally Came from - Hint -> The MIDDLE EAST! Opium Poppies are not the only Natural Narcotic Grown in Afghanistan you know! From there it was Spread to other Countries -> Morocco for Instance! Cannabis Strains that are well known to be the Most Potent & Quantitative Producers grows in HOT Climates - certainly NOT Native to Europe! Nice Try!

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   

I can never get over the rabid Masonic anti-pot stance, I mean it's really out of context for a drug that two thirds of British adults have admitted to taking during their life and probably sits somewhere slightly behind tabacco as being a dangerous drug.

Actually, Necros, Freemasonry doesn't take a stance on the issue. My lodge's Worshipful Master told me yesterday that we can still admit a candidate that smokes pot. I was surprised, to say the least! He said that masonry discourages abuse of any kind, but it's not something that they can just prohibit because they understand it would be a wasted effort.

So what are YOU talking about?

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Seraphim_Serpente:
Do you actually READ my posts or the links in them?
Your rather naked agression towards me is somewhat disjointed even by Masonic standards?

The Assassins didn't really introduce anything to the Templars...ummm actually they killed them from what I've read by all accounts.

The Arabic word "hashish" is not necessarilly Canibis, the word simply means dried herbs.

It's highly unlikely that they used canibis at all, doesn't really fit in with a psychotic killer lifestyle - that is unless you have seen "Marijuana Madness!"

(Faster, play faster....I know what you want......you want to KILL me!)

BTW the potent stain is Sativa not Indica...I have been to Amsterdam you know.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   
He just happened to tell you yesterday...my that was lucky!
Guess they're dropping the "you must war incessantly against vice..." bit of the directions to an Initiate.
Be serious.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   
sebatwerk I have never seen you contribute to any thread in a positive way. I've never pressed the ignore button on anyone but you're coming close.

It feels like you have become my shadow.

In future I will not reply to your posts so please do not expect one, as you are no doubt aware of energy matters and those who feed from others -you can surely understand my position. Happy posting.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   

He just happened to tell you yesterday...my that was lucky!
Guess they're dropping the "you must war incessantly against vice..." bit of the directions to an Initiate.
Be serious.

I actually brought it up to him because it is a topic currently being discussed on a SERIOUS masonic message forum.

Originally posted by mickmeaney
sebatwerk I have never seen you contribute to any thread in a positive way. I've never pressed the ignore button on anyone but you're coming close.

It feels like you have become my shadow.

Is that supposed to be a threat? Im sure you can do better than that! You might want to refrain from ignoring me, as you could benefit from hearing the TRUTH about masonry. You are full of misconceptions and assumptions which you constantly represent as being fact. You ignore repeated claims to provide evidence and you also ignore replies to your posts in which people actually correct your false information.

The idea of this website is to Deny Ignorance and that is why I jump on you every time you lie about my fraternity. Stop claiming these outrageous lies as being fact and we will have no problem. You can ignore me all you want but I wil not go away. Anytime you lie about Freemasonry, I will be there to make sure people know that you are lying.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Quote: "Seraphim_Serpente:
Do you actually READ my posts or the links in them?
Your rather naked aggression towards me is somewhat disjointed even by Masonic standards?

The Assassins didn't really introduce anything to the Templars...ummm actually they killed them from what I've read by all accounts.

The Arabic word "hashish" is not necessarily Cannabis, the word simply means dried herbs.

It's highly unlikely that they used cannabis at all, doesn't really fit in with a psychotic killer lifestyle - that is unless you have seen "Marijuana Madness!"

(Faster, play faster....I know what you want......you want to KILL me!)

BTW the potent stain is Sativa not Indicia...I have been to Amsterdam you know."

Yes I read your Linked Sites! No, I am not officially a "Mason" - just a Student of Life with an Open Mind! I continue to Refute you because YOU CONTINUE to Post Mis-Leading Information - usually with an
Anti-Masonic Slant (I am Guilty of believing that Masonry & Masons are Good – There is much that we can Learn)!

Why do you continue to expect us to take you Seriously here on ATS?

Obviously the Crusaders & the Moslems were at War back then - but Cultural Exchanges did in fact take place & Knowledge was swapped (You DEF need to do more Re-Search Necros)!

The Isma’ilis/Sufi's are a Peaceful Mystical Sect of Islam! Not all Moslems are Terrorists despite all of the Propaganda floating around these days!

BOTH Sativa & Indicia Strains can be Potent! Indicia’s have a More Narcotic Effect (Effectively Kills Pain & Stimulates Appetite) & Originate from Middle Eastern Countries! They are mostly used to make Hash Extract. Sativas have a Spicy Taste & Speedy Cerebral Effect & Originate from more Tropical Regions (South America, Jamaica, Hawaii, South Africa, Thailand) - they are usually Consumed as is!

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   
can we please stick to the topic of a thread without things degenerating into personal snipes at each other. please do argue your case , but not in the manner that I see in many of the posts here.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join