It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant 7ft10in Dakoken sword found in archeological dig in Japan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 02:58 AM
link   
www.heritagedaily.com...

"Archaeologists from the Nara Municipal Buried Cultural Properties Research Centre, working in collaboration with the Nara Prefectural Archaeological Institute of Kashihara, have uncovered a giant 2.3 metre-long dakoken sword during excavations at the Tomiomaruyama burial mound in Nara City, Japan."

Recent excavations have uncovered a giant 2.3 metre-long dakoken sword made from iron, along with a shield-shaped bronze mirror in a layer of clay that covers a 5-metre-long wooden coffin.

Typically, bronze mirrors found at archaeological sites in Japan are rounded, however, the one from the Tomiomaruyama burial mound is shield shaped and measures 64 cm in height by 31 cm in width. The centre of the back of the mirror is raised, with two rounded patterns that are identical to the patterns typically inscribed on “Daryukyo” mirrors from the Kofun Period.

The sword, which is around 2.3 metres in length has a slightly bent blade like a snake, a typical example of a “dakoken” sword related to the worship of the snake god. The sword is the largest discovered intact in Japan, with experts suggesting that it had a ceremonial purpose to ward off evil.

The coffin is over 16ft tall, and they believe the body is till inside untouched. They're not opening it just yet though. I'm curious as to who, or what is in that coffin to be 16ft tall yielding an 8ft sword.

japan-forward.com...
A second article on it

Both the sword and shield shaped mirror are believed to have been created in Japan and are regarded as masterpieces of national treasure-class metallurgical objects from the early Kofun period. Importantly, this discovery demonstrates a high level of metallurgy for the period.

www.metmuseum.org...

The Kofun period is named after the tomb mounds that were built for members of the ruling class during this time. The practice of building sepulchral mounds and burying treasures with the dead was transmitted to Japan from the Asian continent about the third century A.D. In the late fourth and fifth centuries, mounds of monumental proportions were built in great numbers, symbolizing the increasingly unified power of the government. In the late fifth century, power fell to the Yamato clan, which won control over much of Honshū island and the northern half of Kyūshū and eventually established Japan’s imperial line

www.ancient-origins.net...

It is speculated that this enormous sword was manufactured specifically to serve as a weapon of spiritual warfare, for use in afterlife battles, where Oni (demons) and yurei (ghosts) strived to capture one’s journeying soul.

One last link to possible origins of the sword.
This was quite interesting to me. The fact that they aren't opening the coffin up just yet is a flag for me.
What say you? Japanese nephilim (nephilim who were in charge of that area)? Or just an ancient16ft tall king with a big a@@ sword and shield?

edit on 6-2-2023 by AOx6179 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 03:07 AM
link   
From: WIKI so take it for what its worth, I'm sure more can be found but it's late.

As punishment for his unruly conduct, Susanoo was then driven out of Takamagahara by the other gods. Going down to earth, he arrived at the land of Izumo, where he killed the monstrous serpent Yamata no Orochi to rescue the goddess Kushinadahime, whom he eventually married. From the serpent's carcass Susanoo found the sword Ame-no-Murakumo-no-Tsurugi (天叢雲剣, "Sword of the Gathering Clouds of Heaven"), also known as Kusanagi-no-Tsurugi (草薙剣 "Grass-Cutting Sword"), which he presented to Amaterasu as a reconciliatory gift.

just last year a sacred rock that had a rope around it broke, and now this?

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: AOx6179
I am a firm believer of giants having existed at some point on Earth, as well as many other creatures of fantasy and myth. For now however I am inclined to believe that this giant sword was strictly a ceremonial creation and that the coffin is loaded with riches not unlike the treasures buried with the pharaohs of ancient Egypt. I don't recall the Japanese having armies of slaves to expend on giant monuments built over years and decades as tombs to their leaders in history I have read. I would infer they strived for efficiency and simply made giant coffins to stuff all of this noble's riches in with him to have for afterlife purposes.

I cannot wait for them to open the coffin. Nothing would put a bigger smile on my face than a live disclosure of some ten foot plus giants remains in an ancient coffin. I am sure the Vatican and Smithsonian would be ready on site to declare it all a hoax right on the spot.

Angel skeletons in Russia, and now giants in Japan?? I'd be damned if ET does not land on the white House lawn this summer and out comes dracula back from a long vacation wondering how his vampires have done sucking the life out of humanity while he has been gone.

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

And mummies in the Philippines.

www.bing.com... =VIRE

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

They won't allow it. I guarantee you it will get censored.

They will not allow a "giant" human to be out there in the news. It will get censored i'm sure of it.
edit on 6-2-2023 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 06:10 AM
link   

If it is ever revealed there were giants in earths history, the coffin would be opened with no cameras whatever is inside removed.

Then crap would be put inside, and the revelation broadcast, oooohh look it’s either empty or some artefacts put inside.

link   

If it is ever revealed there were giants in earths history, the coffin would be opened with no cameras whatever is inside removed.

Then crap would be put inside, and the revelation broadcast, oooohh look it’s either empty or some artefacts put inside.

link   

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Good find S&F, only one way to be sure, open the coffin already!

I hope to be updated when they do, but even if they did find a giant inside I won’t be holding my breath for the news. There’s a basement in the Smithsonian for that sort of stuff.

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul

Good find S&F, only one way to be sure, open the coffin already!

I hope to be updated when they do, but even if they did find a giant inside I won’t be holding my breath for the news. There’s a basement in the Smithsonian for that sort of stuff.
Project Verita should expose the Smithsonian's deception.

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

With an incinerator in it.

I’m not buying the excuse as to why they aren’t opening the casket.

Interesting how a 7 foot 10 inch sword would be the proper size for a 15 foot tall person. What’s in the box?

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Its really quite common in asian Court Swords, its a symbol of wealth and cunning.

Huge swords are common throughout the world, as actual weapons and status symbols.

What is "Proper" size of a sword? Might as well not ask that question unless you have more specifics in mind.

Zweihander or montante for instance are nearly 7' for swinging using its momentum for crowd control or taking out horses and such. No giuants needed for these to have been invented.

Not Asian enough? Look up the Normitsu Odachi, its 12 feet long. Odachis are commonly 6.5' long for the same use as the European cousins

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: AOx6179
What say you? Japanese nephilim (nephilim who were in charge of that area)? Or just an ancient16ft tall king with a big a@@ sword and shield?

Who knows eh ?

Perhaps just an ancient sculpture, from a long-lost past civilization, showing ceremonial burials of their ancients ?

Sometimes : folks just like to make big stuff :

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Cool!!!

Man those nephilim are sure lörge and in chörge. Absolute unit

Boy, and to think David killed one with a slingshot.

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

Then what day you about the coffin? I know large swords are common for ceremonial use, but the coffin alongside that sword speaks to something more profound going on here. I hope they open it and show us the pictures!

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 07:57 PM
link   

I don’t know about you, but those ratios make it similar to a short sword. What’s wrong with a 16 foot giant carting around a smaller sword? Not everyone needs long swords.

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Save the article because if it is a giants, chances are that it's going to disappear from public view. Isn't that what always happens? Great find though.

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 10:18 PM
link   
They should use an x-ray device and see inside if they don't want to open the coffin.

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

There are swords, giant steps, books, doorways, furniture, and pottery that I’ve read about and seen pictures of over the years. I find it odd.

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger

Its really quite common in asian Court Swords, its a symbol of wealth and cunning.

I was coming here to point that out, but you beat me to it.

Zweihander or montante for instance are nearly 7' for swinging using its momentum for crowd control or taking out horses and such. No giuants needed for these to have been invented.

Not Asian enough? Look up the Normitsu Odachi, its 12 feet long. Odachis are commonly 6.5' long for the same use as the European cousins

This one, according to a post I read recently (take with salt), was for use in the underworld; for slaying giants. It seems logical and in tune with what small bits I know about Japanese culture.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join