It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

304 U.S. soldiers ordered killed by Pentagon in Iraq ???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   

TEHRAN (MNA) – About 304 recalcitrant U.S. soldiers have been killed
by the Pentagon's special team, intelligence sources in Iraq have
revealed.

The sources quoted high-ranking U.S. officers as saying that since
the U.S. occupation of Iraq in March 2003 more than 304 U.S. military
forces have been executed in spurious clashes at the behest of army
commanders and with the knowledge of the Pentagon.

The bodies of these soldiers have been sent to their families and
announced as forces who have been killed in the fight against
terrorists, the Mehr News Agency correspondent in southern Iran has
learnt.
Source.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Much more sensational than my typical posts, but I thought this deserved a spot.

Wondering how many think the Pentagon would do/knowingly allow something like this?

How many think it could never happen?

Any opinions on the source of the article?

Thanks,

X

[edit on 7-4-2005 by Xatnys]

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   
ah yeah...

there's a reliable news source ...

www.tehrantimes.com

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   
This is completely bogus. Dead bodies being sent to their families. If this was true than there would be 304 families that would hold the bodies of their loved ones and not a single family came forward to the media?

Deny astronomically bias news sources

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   
elevatedone,

Thanks for the detailed opinion on the source of the article...

You could bust out what is basically a one liner to say "source bad, me no like" but couldn't trouble yourself to comment on the article or at least the quote?

Thanks again!

Sim,

Thanks for the input. Just for the record, I'm not buying it prima facia either.

X

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   
When I read the subject I knew this was some hoax. What kind of sane military would kill of their own soldiers which they have spnt thousands to train feed and equip? More 'fundamentalist ranting" . Source Tehran times which quotes some Mehr news
Desperate lies!!
Check this article out: www.tehrantimes.com.../6/2005&Cat=14&Num=1

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Here's some other "news sources", not that I can personally vouch for their credibility either:

Indymedia

GNN

Iran Republic

Should I assume these are all equally nefarious?

Like I said, I try not to post overly sensational pieces, but I read it and know that PTSD is rampant in any warzone, as well as depression so it begged the question: "What if?"

Thanks again,

X

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   
while the story may be fake (I say may, because anything is possible) this should be an eye opener for some as to how the US Govt is portrayed in Iran. TehranTimes would be a popular source of news for those in the middle east so just imagine what the uneducated (those without western news for balance) are thinking.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
while the story may be fake (I say may, because anything is possible) this should be an eye opener for some as to how the US Govt is portrayed in Iran. TehranTimes would be a popular source of news for those in the middle east so just imagine what the uneducated (those without western news for balance) are thinking.

That, is an excellent point, WorldWatcher.

Not to mention the fact that if it were indeed true, it would mean that the current military situation in that region is worse than any western media cares to cover.

Again, not saying it IS, just say IF it is.

X

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   
These days any media outlet appears as credible as another. You can take the news from Fox, CNN, MSNBC, and the New York Times with the same grain of salt that you would with the Tehran Times.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Rather than instantly dismiss the claims, maybe we should be asking "why would the pentagon want these soldiers dead?" Perhaps for the same reason why any CIA operatives or Special forces working in foriegn nations will be denied any U.S. involement if they are compromised. Perhaps these soldiers knew something that the U.S. military may not have wanted to get out. It would be best if learned some of the names or ranks of these supposed soldiers killed. Their families were told they died fighting for our nation and defending freedom and democracy, just like any agent's family would be told as well. This is the same government that is flying undocumented detainees suspected of terrorist activities around in ghost planes to foriegn nations with questionable human rights issues mind you.

I have sent this email to the Webaster of TehranTimes:

I was reading your article about the soldiers supposedly ordered killed by the Pentagon found here www.tehrantimes.com.../6/2005&Cat=4&Num=018 and was curious as to any physical evidence you may have? If so it would be prudent to come out with it so the families may take appropriate legal action against the
Pentagon and The high ranking officials in the government.

Please for the sake of all that is good and holy.

-David Yepes
Tampa, Florida U.S.A.

You fellows think I will even get a response?

[edit on 4/7/2005 by DYepes]

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   

The sources quoted high-ranking U.S. officers as saying that since
the U.S. occupation of Iraq in March 2003 more than 304 U.S. military
forces have been executed in spurious clashes at the behest of army
commanders and with the knowledge of the Pentagon.

Ummm... if we could get back to the real world for just a moment, I'd invite you to consider something.

This article is saying that current "high ranking U.S. officers" are saying this. Correct? Now, if you are going to call the US army a vicious group of devious murderers who kill their own soldiers and are cunning enough to keep the practice a secret from the families of the soldiers and the nation in general, then please explain to me how you can seriously believe that high ranking U.S. officers have no problem chatting about the practice with "sources in Iraq" who will publish it.

If the author of this article was smart, he'd play it off this way: Helicopter crash in Afghanistan that killed 16 servicemen was arranged due to the unit falling out of favor. Something that already happened. To say that 304 soldiers were killed and shipped back home saying "Oh uh, they were killed in battle wink wink"...

Come on...

Need I remind everyone that there are people with cameras all over the place there. Everything that goes on in Iraq with regards to US forces in on like 40 cameras. How can you possibly explain an execution of over 300 servicemen without anyone knowing? I mean spurious clashes? All the embedded reporters and other servicemen for miles wouldn't know the difference?

[edit on 4-7-2005 by Djarums]

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
this should be an eye opener for some as to how the US Govt is portrayed in Iran. TehranTimes would be a popular source of news for those in the middle east so just imagine what the uneducated (those without western news for balance) are thinking.

One could also turn that idea around and speculate that Iranians quoting CNN and the New York Times regarding the actions of Iran and its leaders are answered with brush-offs and eye-rolling dismissals because of their "biased" sources. in this game, where nothing is truly verifiable short of seeing it with your own eyes, perspective is everything.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   
This has already been covered a dozen posts down the first page

Linky:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   
True skippy, although the truth is that thread never got into the topic, only criticisms of the source. This one actually has people discussing the article itself and its claims, so I'd rather we keep going with this one than return to the other.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
It says they have been killed since 2003. They didnt just gather 304 soldiers at one time. and offed them all together. It would be completely unnoticeable as it happens when the situation arises.Maybe it happened to 4 in the first month. 12 in a certain month, 1 or none for certain periods of time. 130,000+ people is like a population of a small city. Targeted killings happen all the time in cities in this country or the next in alot of cities. Why would it not occur in the U.S. military currently stationed halfway across the world. It would be very veyr easy to disguise on the news. For all we know some of these victims could be the very people we hear about on the news.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 11:02 PM
link   
although it might be extrememly overstated, it wouldnt surprise me if such things were going on.

Look at Nick Berg, with all the theories behind his beheading... why wouldnt a army official remove an unwanted hassle..

Also, what better way to remove any threats/issues towards the current regime change?

Maybe someone saw something or heard something so critical to the coming gvt the US thought better safe than sorry!

No ones ever going to know what how when or why?.... sounds like the perfect murder!

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 11:28 PM
link   
that is almost a quarter of the KIA's we have suffered in Iraq... The insurgents don't seem to be good at their job. But I highly doubt they are that bad... If the article had said 34 that would have been almost believable.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 11:38 PM
link   

why wouldnt a army official remove an unwanted hassle..

They don't kill the unwanted hassle, they reassign them or discharge them, much easier than trying to cover up a boatload of murders.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 11:50 PM
link   
TEHRAN (MNA) – About 304 recalcitrant U.S. soldiers have been killed by the Pentagon’s special team, intelligence sources in Iraq have revealed.

Nice post, Xatyns, it helps bring out the people who are prepared to scratch beneath the surface.

While this may amount to little more than effectively written propaganda, it is intersting because the number of unfriendly friendly fire casualties is represented as less than 20% of all servicemen and women needlessly killed to date in this bogus war on terror.

I suspect many Iranian readers will take it with a grain of salt.

Unlike the sheepish US Congress and the super-patriotic elements of the US populace who wholeheartedly swallowed all the Bush adminsitration's lies about WMDs, as if there were real and useful intelligence sources to back up the unfounded assertions.

[edit on 7-4-2005 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Absolutely false. Anyone who could believe this garbage is pure ignorant. 304 soldiers?

Wow, I think the U.S. is better at killing U.S. soldiers than the insurgents!

[/end sarcasm]

Seriously folks, it's from Iran - believable? No.

Down with the lies!

-wD

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join