It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Redfall - Official Gameplay Deep Dive

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Bethesda's next big thing after Deathloop's ironic demise is due for release on May 2 so Beth has released this 10 minute gameplay deep dive for anyone interested in the game , I was but now , sadly , am not.

Arkane have made some great games over the years , Deathloop and now by the looks of it Redfall signal the talent has left the studio.

Doom+Borderlands = Redfall.
Generic.

(opinions may differ)

edit on 3-2-2023 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I don’t want to jinx anything, but it may turn out to be a good year for games. AAA was putting our bland products for years, but there’s actually a few (including this one) I’m hopeful for.

Skull and bones is at the top though 🤞

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Starfield for me , Elder scrolls in space is just so appealing.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 12:20 PM
link   

There is a bad trend going on in the gaming industry, that is everything looks so cartoonist and shiny.

Back in the old day, the gritty graphics gave games much more.. and there was no DLC or microtransaction's.. when you brought a game you brought a game.

Fallout3 was pretty good thou

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 12:35 PM
link   
PSA, Redfall will be available day one on Game pass if you have it on PC or Xbox.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Starfield for me , Elder scrolls in space is just so appealing.

Starfield looks amazing. Too bad one needs an Xbox/PC to play. Back to playing serious sam for me

edit on 3-2-2023 by Turquosie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I picked up a screaming good PC last year so I could play all these upcoming games looking forward to star field as well. I didn’t know about this one it slipped by my radar but I’ll give it a spin looks like it’s in the spirit of fallout.

It blows my mind that my ps5 is easily comparable to my gaming rig and is 1/4 the price…I love my ps5 wish everything came out on ps5.

But for playing obscure/new city builders and what not a guy needs a PC.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 04:02 PM
link   

what do you mean by Deathloops ironic demise?

Are you saying that because nobody is playing the online portion anymore?

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Its only for xbox? what?!!

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Dishonered series : good.
Prey : passable,

Nothing else.

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher

what do you mean by Deathloops ironic demise?

Are you saying that because nobody is playing the online portion anymore?

Deathloop recorded the lowest sales figures for any Arkane Studios title so far , at its height it recorded just 20,000 concurrent players on Steam , it was a failure.

Deathloop Steam player base shows how few people are playing it.
steamcharts.com...
I didn't buy it because it looked boring , guess others felt the same.

Its only for xbox? what?!!

M$ bought Bethesda so Redfall and Starfield will be XBox and PC timed exclusives.

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Prey : passable

In my opinion Prey was awesome , an underappreciated masterpiece only let down by the noise the game makes to let you know there's a Mimic about ... no need.

The Prey name was forced on Arkane by Bethesda , a mistake in my opinion as it had nothing to do with the original Prey.

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Gothmog

Prey : passable

In my opinion Prey was awesome , an underappreciated masterpiece only let down by the noise the game makes to let you know there's a Mimic about ... no need.

The Prey name was forced on Arkane by Bethesda , a mistake in my opinion as it had nothing to do with the original Prey.

The only item that makes Prey less than great (in my book) was a lack of diversity in the enemies .

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 04:55 PM
link   

most of the critic sites were giving it praise that I did a quick search of. I think on meta critic deathloop had a good score.

So you have never tried out deathloop?

And i have yet to hear anyone say anything bad about deathloop who have actually played it.

But yeah I could see how some could say Deahtloop is boring if you are not looking at the clues and constantly going back to the same place over and over again,. I could see that.

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 05:53 PM
link   
M$ have released a Story Trailer for Redfall which explains the origin of the Vampires.

posted on Apr, 29 2023 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Redfall releases on Tuesday so a launch trailer has been released for the game.

Can't believe they butchered Black Hole Sun , game still looks like a turkey.

posted on May, 1 2023 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Redfall releases tomorrow and if rumours are to be believed it looks like being yet another AAA turkey.

Prey 2 ? . Arkane ? , hello !

Some leaked PC gameplay footage.

posted on May, 2 2023 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Redfall has landed , or rather dropped straight onto its face in the mud , and when it got up everyone pointed and laughed ... except for those who paid $70 (£70) for the game.

It's normally a bad sign if a game is embargoed up to the day of release but when a company is so keen to stop the word getting out they copy strike their own twitter page as well as anybody who dare try to raise the alarm it kinda confirms they're selling junk.

I find ACG a fair review site and Karak is always looking for the good in a game but when he says it's "One of the Worst Games I Played So Far In 2023" , considering the Turkeys that have already been released this year you know the problem runs deep.

And they put Denuvo in it too , shame on you Bethesda.

The warning is there , don't waste your money.

top topics

join