It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kosher, Halal, and ... Climavore?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 03:32 PM
link   
It's the hot, new trend. You eat not because what you're eating is healthier or better for you, but because you are trying to save the planet through your conscious dietary choices.

You are a climavore!

The link is driven by a report from a global consulting firm - Dawn of the Climavores. It talks about this new idea that people ignore labels and personal health choices in favor of reducing their carbon footprint through their food choices, eating greener.

But wait, it's not being something this report talks about in terms of just being a personal choice. They also go into detail on how to advertise to nudge consumers to do it, and say that in the future, the choices will be made for us. So even if you don't want to give up your nasty, carbon belching porterhouse, someone else will decide that for you.

How nice ...

We'll all be converted to the church of mother earth.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The local supermarket now sells suckers with a clearly visible giant ant-like bug in them. $4.00 each!

I guess using humor is one way to begin to normalize new trends.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Upon reflection, it seems interesting to me that we have in so many ways jettisoned the concept of God, but here you have what is arguably a new spiritual movement based around the concept of earth worship and saving the planet. You could argue the planet represents a deity or spiritual being of sorts. Observed phenomena like weather is lumped into climate and severe weather is a sign of the planet's displeasure that we must make sacrifices to appease.

And since we are the evil displeasing the planet, we must make sacrifices at our own expense at ever increasing cost to try to appease planet that is largely indifferent with our high priests - scientists - reading the tea leaves of the phenomena (Is it climate [bad] or merely weather [good]?).

Isn't this were primitive man started out with his spiritual worship? Wondering what created the phenomena around him and creating all manner of spiritual phenomena to explain it and then getting ever more elaborate and esoteric until I guess we decided to go back to primitive animism again in this form of earth worship.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Climate Change is not a religion.

It's Communism under new marketing.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Climate Change is not a religion.

It's Communism under new marketing.

It has all the earmarks of religious practice in its adherents though.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 04:33 PM
link   

You could argue it's an ideology that demands obedience.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Yeah, but...
Karl Marx on Religion as the Opium of the People

And now we no longer have the "covidians" center stage, seems time for the "climidians" to take over.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Hey, this is a great money making opportunity. Use ChatGBP to organize a business as a climavore advisor. Start your own website with a chatbot, charge $5/mo, send out messages every day with diet, recipe recommendations, etc. This is how billions are made (no joke - every craze has a beginning - remember Beanie Babies and emojis). Advertise on all the woke websites and media. Won't be long before you have thousands signed up. Then sell the business for a few billion.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

Yeah, but...

And now we no longer have the "covidians" center stage, seems time for the "climidians" to take over.

Communism is a religion.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

Yeah, but...

Communism is a religion.

Communism is a DEATH CULT.
Eco-freaks serving Jonestown Kool aid - come and get it, perfectly safe, promise.....

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 10:06 PM
link   

They better not screw with my wagyu burgers. I need my pretentious Japanese beef. And those are happy harmonious grass-fed sustainable cows until they get slaughtered and turned into delicious burger patties.

I would consider evolving beyond meat or whatever but animal alternatives are almost universely disgusting to the point of being inedible.

So make "Chick'n" have an edible texture and I'll reconsider saving whatever the hell switching to goo saves. I guess green goo hurts the planet less than pink slime.
edit on 28-1-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I want to claim that I'm a practicing "Mesozoicavore". I'll eat whatever a dinosaur ate. So any birds, plants, cavewomen, you name it and if a dino ate it so will I.

"Suck-it" hairy vegan, I'm getting my fork. Hey Turkey bird, get in my mouth. Chomp-chomp you little leafy green.

Problem solved through eating, yum yum.

OK, ok back to sucky reality. This climavore sound like someone is trying to either sell books or is just trying to get a cult started. Where's Allison Mack?

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 06:35 AM
link   

They also go into detail on how to advertise to nudge consumers to do it,

They be a "nudging" the wrong consumer with that load .
I ain't a veterinarian , but I know bullsh__ when I see it .

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

Not only are beyond meat style alternatives disgusting, but by the time they add everything the soy or whatever it is they are using as the protein source to try to make it imitate meat, you are getting something less healthy than meat in almost every case. They lard it down with sugar, salt, fat, and carbs trying to counterfeit what it's not so you'll eat it.

It might as well be fast food by then.

new topics

top topics

join