It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany approves the delivery of Leopard 2 tanks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2023 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Mr Scholz says that that the country intends to build on what it has supplied to Ukraine, with air defence and other weapons.

"We support Ukraine financially and with humanitarian aid and with arms. Despite the fact that we did not do that for many decades we have added to our support in cooperation with our international partners," he says.

"That is the right path. Especially when we are talking about tanks."

Asked what the costs will be, Mr Scholz says he cannot say anything about how much it will be but Germany will "shoulder" the costs.

He also says Germany is committed to the maintenance of the tanks when they are sent to Ukraine.

Ms Jakobsdottir says that when it comes to the ongoing crisis "sadly there is not end in sight" but i

Germany approves the delivery of Leopard 2 tanks

Alongside the approval other countries who have offered to send Leopard 2 tanks will do so. It's expected the US to approve the sending of the Abrams too. Here's hoping that this doesn't cause a escalation on the Russian side. Is this crossing Putins red line? and if so what do you expect will occur as a result or will it be bluff and posturing from Putin.

posted on Jan, 25 2023 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: deviant300

I don't think Putin is one to bluff, and he's told us many times what the consequences will be.

War is a dirty business and the dirtiest hands belong to the warmonger who refuses to hold any peace talks, while destroying country's he coerces into following his insane lead.

And that's what I think.

posted on Jan, 25 2023 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Putin is going to love this news. Easy sell for the next mobilisation...................... 'German tanks are being sent against us' and that's going to get a few hearts beating in Russia

posted on Jan, 25 2023 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Let's not forget about that time when the US sent a bunch of artillery, only to have the Russians bomb it as soon as it crossed the border. Is there any reason to think the same thing won't happen this time?

posted on Jan, 25 2023 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

'German tanks are being sent against us' and that's going to get a few hearts beating in Russia

Solovyov is already running that narrative

Twitter

posted on Jan, 25 2023 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: TheGreazel

Solovyov is already running that narrative.

He sounds a tad upset.

If Russia doesn't want to face German tanks, there is a simple solution. Piss off out of Ukrainian territory. The tanks won't cross the border into Russia. Job's a good 'un.

posted on Jan, 25 2023 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: TheGreazel

Solovyov is already running that narrative.

He sounds a tad upset.

If Russia doesn't want to face German tanks, there is a simple solution. Piss off out of Ukrainian territory. The tanks won't cross the border into Russia. Job's a good 'un.

Or to paraphrase "Buffalo Bill":

Re Putin....

"...It leaves the Ukraine, Or it gets the Tanks!"

posted on Jan, 25 2023 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheGreazel
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

'German tanks are being sent against us' and that's going to get a few hearts beating in Russia

Solovyov is already running that narrative

Twitter

Exactly and this plays totally into Putin's hands. He will run with this all the way

posted on Jan, 25 2023 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Not Germany is doing this. The majority of the german population is against sending weapon, paid with our tax money we need here,s into conflict zones. It´s a little gang of transatlantic controlled Davos disciples. Last week was the Ramstein "meeting", there the smurf Scholz got his orders. Everything that happened between the meeting and yesterday was just cheap acting to fool the masses, posed hesitation. It´s effing not our war, Germany didn´t shell the eastern Ukraine since 2014 till Russia stepped in. The Ukraine is not NATO and in a not clowns world they never would be. Same for EU membership. The Bidens and their Ukraine deals aren´t German too. Dupont isn´t German too...

You know what the smurf tells us now? I can´t get it:

"It was right and it is right that we did not let ourselves drift".

That lying piece of driftwood. The whole "good west" pushed Germany to send (our tax-)money, weapons and tanks to the corrupt fascists in the Ukraine. And Scholz buckled after the Ramstein meeting. To the fullest amusement of the "peace dove" Young Global Leader Baerbock(Green Khmer party). Why didn´t "our allies" send their last working tanks into that fascist barrel without a bottom but want Germany to do so? Do they want to make it look like WWIII is again Germany´s fault?

Lets be honest, everything that happens now is growing on the dung of the USA. The WEF´s origin is Harvard (under the rule of Kissinger and CIA). That whole climate BS also, Climate Emergency Fund/SF/USA. And of course that:

STRATFOR: The main goal of the US-Empire is to prevent the alliance between Germany and Russia

And you can hide some dirty US deals, even deals of the POTUS crime family, in the Ukraine with such a war. The US economy (especially the MIC) goes up, the dollar gets stronger while in Europe (especially Germany) the lights go out, the Euro is nothing more than an elitists toy, a joke, a burden for the people. A lot of flies beaten with one flap for the USA.

If these traitorous, foreign controlled puppets push us german people into WWIII they shouldn´t forget that almost nobody is going to fight for Germany, for these traitorous criminals and their wet dreams of global whatever BS. People even stop to work and live from the social welfare because everything else doesn´t make any sense anymore for many meanwhile. You can be a working poor or you can be poor without working to be and stay poor. Do they think these people would stick their neck out for these criminals who turned Germany into a effing sh!thole since at least 2019/2020, who are destroying the work of generations, killing the future dreams of the younger generations? Nearly half of the german population doesn´t even vote anymore because they feel it doesn´t make any sense, any difference anymore. "Our" government is working against 99% of the not stinky rich population, for the profits of other nations and "elitist" sects like the WEF and their global domination/NWO dreams.

But i bet those traitors already have planned their escape route along the rat lines to the american continent. They will not send themselves and their brood into the wars they have created for us peasants, as always. But believe me, we will find them like Serge and Beate Klarsfeld found a lot of the Nazi fascists after the war the Nazis created.

If all that wouldn´t be worse enough it all feels orchestrated, unreal, feels like a spectacle, a play. I sometimes can see Putin, Biden, Scholz, Selenskyi, Kissinger, Stoltenberg etc, etc, having a web conference every night, laughing their a$$es off about how stupid the masses are, how easy they are to control via propaganda and how easily these masses believe every BS the criminals tell these masses.

If these criminal traitors push us people into a hot war then they should be ready for guerrillas at night. If they create a war for us, we create hell on earth for the culprits of all that BS. They will never be safe again, nowhere, at no time!

posted on Jan, 25 2023 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

War is a dirty business and the dirtiest hands belong to the warmonger who refuses to hold any peace talks, while destroying country's he coerces into following his insane lead.

It is pretty messed up the west has shown they’re not interested in talks.

But in the hierarchy of dirty hands, I think the country deploying their war machine might have a little more dirt. The narrative it’s all the west’s fault just seem to be mad Ukraine wanted to defend themselves.

Russia doesn’t need peace talks if they wanted peace. They could simply leave and even keep Crimea, everyone capitulated on that in 2015. But Russia wanted more, they wanted their land bridge.

posted on Jan, 25 2023 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Dbl
edit on 25-1-2023 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2023 @ 11:23 AM
link   

I think this is awesome news, especially since Germany was dragging its feet for so long.

So now it’s Poland, Britain, Germany and the US all sending tanks to Ukraine. Hopefully more countries step up and join the coalition… Russia really needs to be put in there place here, the sooner the better.

posted on Jan, 25 2023 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Very interesting post DreBeobachter and nice too see opinions from the German public. Totally with you on Stratfor

posted on Jan, 25 2023 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Exactly I agree with this, but at this point cooler heads really need to happen. Russia isn't budging from it's demands and Ukraine wants it's territory back including Crimea, I feel the weapons supply will turn the tide in Ukraine favour but with a consequence.

Russia is a nuclear armed state, that's enough there to fear the outcome of Russia's loss. Even the Russian propagandists say a nuclear armed state does not lose a war in it's own back garden. Russia isn't going to get what it want's through conflict or negotiations and the only option as far as I can see it one we really want to avoid.

We've gone from the narrative of supplying defensive support to now supplying weapons (The best stuff too) to help fight and repel Russian advances.At what point does NATO get involved. When to Biden pick up the phone to both Zelensky and say look Russia is poised to use it nuclear deterrent with devastating consequences to the European continent, you must let go of some territories

I don't see Putin rolling over without taking something. I hope he doesn't succeed and I hope he's get nothing. We all hope he's ousted in whatever way that happens.

posted on Jan, 25 2023 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: deviant300
a reply to: alldaylong
Russia is a nuclear armed state, that's enough there to fear the outcome of Russia's loss. Even the Russian propagandists say a nuclear armed state does not lose a war in it's own back garden. Russia isn't going to get what it want's through conflict or negotiations and the only option as far as I can see it one we really want to avoid.

This is the problem though, what possible benefit would it be to Russia to fire off nukes?

The whole world would suffer and Russia as we know it would cease to exist. Putin and Russia would be in the history books as one of the most evil regimes of the modern era, right next to Hitler and the Third Reich.

They’re either just bluffing about using nukes if they don’t get what they want, or they’re a bunch of psychotic power hungry lunatics, who won’t stop with just Ukraine… as history has taught us.

posted on Jan, 25 2023 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

It is pretty messed up the west has shown they’re not interested in talks.

But in the hierarchy of dirty hands, I think the country deploying their war machine might have a little more dirt. The narrative it’s all the west’s fault just seem to be mad Ukraine wanted to defend themselves.

Russia doesn’t need peace talks if they wanted peace. They could simply leave and even keep Crimea, everyone capitulated on that in 2015. But Russia wanted more, they wanted their land bridge.

You're basically saying both parties are guilty, but instead of condemning both of them you will assign the most blame to the one who bears the most guilt?

That's why we have wars in the first place. As Americans we're supposed to hate on Russia, because that's what the talking heads are telling us to do. If we were Russian, the narrative would be the other way around.

To claim to want world peace while advocating for involvement in war is the reason peace will never, ever happen.

One country will always come out on top; congratulations to the newest, biggest, baddest playground bully.

posted on Jan, 25 2023 @ 02:58 PM
link   

You're basically saying both parties are guilty, but instead of condemning both of them you will assign the most blame to the one who bears the most guilt?

I think I kind of did condemn both. I was honest and pointed out the wests position.

I think the west is taking advantage of the situation to weaken Russia. But I think I disagree with many as to who’s “fault” this is.

I was responding to your estimation as to whom had the dirtiest hands.

That's why we have wars in the first place. As Americans we're supposed to hate on Russia, because that's what the talking heads are telling us to do.

I’ve been critical of my own countries foreign policy, hell, I even did it here.

But I can do that while also saying Russia is the main belligerent. They are after all taking part in a conquest for more land in another country. They’re also proving not to to be concerned about how many people it takes. And many are not volunteers. So it’s hard IMO to make the case they’re doing this in the best interest of anyone.

posted on Jan, 25 2023 @ 04:41 PM
link   
What happened to the 2,500 tanks Ukraine had at the start of the war?

Isn't Ukraine winning?

posted on Jan, 25 2023 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

I think this is awesome news, especially since Germany was dragging its feet for so long.

So now it’s Poland, Britain, Germany and the US all sending tanks to Ukraine. Hopefully more countries step up and join the coalition… Russia really needs to be put in there place here, the sooner the better.

Who will operate these tanks? It is my understanding that training a team for the Leopard II takes a bit more than an afternoon or two and requires certain skills that the Azov battalion may not have. Given that, I expect that German soldiers may be pressed into service. It will probably be the same for the others except, possibly, the Poles -- depending on what tanks they send.

posted on Jan, 25 2023 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

If you want my honest opinion, I think the fact they’re publicly announcing sending these tanks means that they’ve already been training them for a while now.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join