It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A "Mysterious" Flying Spiral over Maunakea 2023-01-18

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2023 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: new_here

originally posted by: ByteChanger
a reply to: Gothmog

Wow. There is a sh!t load of asteroids flying about in the clip... > 50 easy... So many of them in pairs....

Were we going through some asteroid belt or something at the time of filming?

It was time=lapse, so those are likely stars/planets making their transit across the sky, right?

Don't forget the satellite pollution now as well. I saw a few satellites passing thru in the time lapse, as well as shooting stars.

posted on Jan, 25 2023 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Maybe it was some sort of secret mission rocket that was launched from California by the Military and they are covering it up with a space-x rocket that was launched about the same time in florida. That sounds like something the Military would do when there is a reason to hide the mission...in this case they may not want Russia to know it.

posted on Jan, 25 2023 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

It was a SpaceX rocket… a “known aerial phenomena”, and has been explained.

The “Norway Spiral”, on the other hand, has been tried to be explained as the same phenomenon: a rocket exhaust.

But as Galileo has been apocryphaly tagged with with saying, “yet it moves”!

The spiral in Norway moved from Tromso (East coast) to the region between Russia and Norway on the other side of the nation!

Now, a rocket booster can’t travel across a country, against the rotation of the earth, without power, at least as we know physics.

This spiral didn’t do squat but appear.

And that is easily explained.

But I have been drinking! So what do I know!!

edit on 25-1-2023 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: Drunk

posted on Jan, 26 2023 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: charlyv
Every spiral like this has been attributed to exhaust gasses expanding in the vacuum of space, during the last stage of a rocket launch.

The effect is well known.

Why would this be any different?

I need some physics papers on this. I do NOT recall that in my studies ever happening when a Rocket left Earths atmosphere, EVER I will add.

I studied Chemistry and Physics and double majored in Biology and Env Chem for my degree. I took astronomy and just never saw such before the Norway incident.

I was an Engineer for GD, not that it matters much. Many times the last stage puts the payload in orbit and then becomes useless. If there are still left over gasses in the engine, the stage will start spinning and creates a spiral of gas that gets illuminated by the sun, since it is so high up. It is a cool effect and when the gas stops, the spiral disappears from the inside out which blows minds. Also, when it comes to SpaceX and launching hundreds of starlink satellites, you may see both that presentation and then chains in pairs of small satellites going out in different directions.

You can check what was launched and when and it will be one of NASA, SpaceX or Vandenburg (Military). On the fringe, bad boy Kim is launching things over Hawaii but I do not think this was anything of his. Who knows.

posted on Jan, 26 2023 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Look at the bottom left hand corner there is another light moving about the same size , Also I think most of the other this are satellites .

posted on Jan, 26 2023 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Thank you, that makes sense.

originally posted by: Justoneman

Every spiral like this has been attributed to exhaust gasses expanding in the vacuum of space, during the last stage of a rocket launch.

The effect is well known.

Why would this be any different?

I need some physics papers on this. I do NOT recall that in my studies ever happening when a Rocket left Earths atmosphere, EVER I will add.

I studied Chemistry and Physics and double majored in Biology and Env Chem for my degree. I took astronomy and just never saw such before the Norway incident.

I was an Engineer for GD, not that it matters much. Many times the last stage puts the payload in orbit and then becomes useless. If there are still left over gasses in the engine, the stage will start spinning and creates a spiral of gas that gets illuminated by the sun, since it is so high up. It is a cool effect and when the gas stops, the spiral disappears from the inside out which blows minds. Also, when it comes to SpaceX and launching hundreds of starlink satellites, you may see both that presentation and then chains in pairs of small satellites going out in different directions.

You can check what was launched and when and it will be one of NASA, SpaceX or Vandenburg (Military). On the fringe, bad boy Kim is launching things over Hawaii but I do not think this was anything of his. Who knows.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join