It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More issues with Qantas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2023 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Another Qantas plane had to return to Adelaide airport due to compliance issues, i hazard a guess that a component was replaced, and probably did not have its compliance tag.

Another Qantas plane returned to base to Fiji, due to an oven issue.

www.news.com.au... 91ffeeccf

I like how the today show and Qantas are in damage control. Rolling out a Qantas pilot to support Qantas.

m.youtube.com...
edit on 23-1-2023 by robsmith because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-1-2023 by robsmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2023 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Maybe we should give Alan Joyce more of the taxpayers money and we can get more Qantas planes turned back?.

Seriously tho, that little prick should be disassembled and sent back to Ireland in parts

posted on Jan, 23 2023 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: BeTheGoddess

I’m surprised he is still CEO, where’s the votes of no confidence, or shareholder takeover.

God forbid is a lives are lost.

posted on Jan, 23 2023 @ 10:43 PM
link   
The little Irish leech is nowhere to be seen lately. A full drill down needs to be done on their maintenance and made public as a start.

posted on Jan, 23 2023 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: grmorrow

He needs to go. He’s burning the candle at both ends.

Question where is CASA, with all these incidents, why are they not grounding planes.

I realise it is costly, though what cost is safety.

They say they are the worlds safest airline, maybe in the glory days.

posted on Jan, 23 2023 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: robsmith

There was an issue with engineering paperwork. They hadn't finalized the paperwork when the flight was allowed to depart.

Qantas averages about 60 diversions a year. They've had six in the last week or so. I suspect they'll get things under control and right now they're under a microscope because of all the incidents coming at once.

posted on Jan, 23 2023 @ 11:01 PM
link   

None of these incidents are worthy of a grounding. All of them could be considered minor, and easily fixable.

Qantas is still an incredibly safe airline. Diversions and maintenance issues aren't a sign that they aren't, just a sign that there's a systemic issue at the airline. We all know an accident is probably coming, and probably soon, but right now, it's still a systemic problem, not a safety problem.

posted on Jan, 24 2023 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Thanks for your reply.
Though if that’s the case the flight crew maybe should have delayed from launch.

I don’t wanna say this, the Adelaide event could be the flight crew wanted to embarrass the airline, to say look how bad we are we don’t respect rules.

Let alone the fuel burn to launch and recover and re-launch seems like a rookie mistake from professional crew.

posted on Jan, 24 2023 @ 05:20 AM
link   

It could have been, but more likely it was on dispatch. Someone in dispatch probably figured the paperwork would be set and launched the flight.

new topics

top topics

join