It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toadzilla, a giant cane toad found in Australia, may be a record-breaker

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 08:25 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

They found the ray in Indonesia, IIRC, that was the largest they had ever seen and now this toad, a hefty bugger. Nature is always cool, new things every day. I wonder what things this large toad ate. "Anything it could fit in it's mouth", I wonder what that would be.

Rangers in northeastern Australia were astonished when they stumbled across what may be the largest toad on record, weighing in at nearly 6 pounds. Dubbed “Toadzilla” by the rangers, the 2.7-kilogram (5.9-pound) amphibian was found in Conway National Park in Queensland last week when park officials were conducting track work, the state’s Department of Environment and Science said on social media.

“We dubbed it Toadzilla,” Gray said, adding that they worked quickly to remove it from the wild because a cane toad of its size will eat “anything it can fit into its mouth.”

Believed to be female, as they typically grow larger than their male counterparts, the toad was taken back to the rangers’ base, where she was weighed. Rangers say Toadzilla could set a new record.

The current Guinness World Record for the largest toad was set in 1991 by Prinsen, a pet toad in Sweden, which weighed a hefty 2.65 kg (5.13 lb).

Toadzilla has since been “euthanised due to the environmental damage they cause,” the department added in its tweet.

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 08:39 PM
link   
picture please

have you seen the new sizes of dew worms in Asia also

something is wrong in the ground

these dew worms have mini claws on them

I fish with them and now I HAVE to use gloves on to put them on the hook

I can't wait till we see babies born of 15 pounds and 3 feet tall ?

what the world are we up against now

what have we created ?

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

All I can think of is The Simpson's episode "Bart vs. Austrailia".

Cane toads must cost them millions of dollery-doos.

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 09:00 PM
link   
We are seeing the evolution of the Hypno-Toad, in real time.

What a time to be alive!

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Meaty legs. With meat prices on the rise there might be some money to be made in frog farming.

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
Meaty legs. With meat prices on the rise there might be some money to be made in frog farming.

I don't think they are edible though.

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: The GUT

I don't think they are edible though.

Just going by what I know of Australia, I wouldn't eat them.

Every animal on that continent wants to kill all humans. They just have varying abilities to do so.

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

ah quite refreshing to hear a news story not the madness going on. I hope they stuffed it and put it on display.

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: musicismagic

now THAT'S a toad! 🐸🐸🐸 I'm in awe of the size of the lad/lass.
edit on 20-1-2023 by TheToastmanCometh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2023 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TheToastmanCometh

Gods, there's not a hazmat suit think enough for me to wade into the hazardous political waters. This kinda stuff is way more fun anyway. Nature, or maybe this is a hypnotoad, is so fascinating.

Though, something just happened where I might go swimming but we'll see if I take a dive.
edit on 1/21/2023 by TheSpanishArcher because: (no reason given)

join