It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some more info on The Eye of the Sahara and Atlantis

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Thought there might be some who would be interested in a follow up of the theory that the "Eye of the Sahara" is the once proud capitol of Atlantis. Joe Rogan interview with Jimmy Corsetti and is a continuation of a thread about this subject posted here www.abovetopsecret.com... on December 22, 2022

youtu.be...

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I watched this the other night , im still not convinced there is enough evidence that points to the eye as being Atlantis.

If this site was that important and clearly didnt sink beneath the waves then why wasnt it then re inhabited as a site of religious and cultural importance all across Africa

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 06:54 AM
link   
The underwater sight in Okinawa might be the Alantis . It is there for all to see.

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Geographically it cant be Atlantis , as it is the wrong direction from Solon's description handed to Plato through his grandson

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Jimmy makes a compelling case that the Richat is where Atlantis used to be. I believe him

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

Geographically it cant be Atlantis , as it is the wrong direction from Solon's description handed to Plato through his grandson[/quot

Yes, maybe true, but how did sea shells wind up on the mountain in Peru?

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 08:56 AM
link   
There was a thread posted here about 10 years ago that I think provided the most comprehensive argument for a potential Atlantis location.

I'll see if I can find it again.

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 09:03 AM
link   
The presented evidence is compelling and definitely needs more study.

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 09:28 AM
link   
"IF" what is written in The Adam and Eve Story is true, about what happens to the earth every 11,000 years or so, then it is certainly plausible that it is the spot for Atlantis.

If it wasn't habitable for hundreds or thousands of years after the great cataclysm, then all that would be left would be stories, past down verbally.
But it correlates to the massive flooding that would have encompassed that whole area, and left it essentially "buried" after the waters receded.

IDK, just a thought, since the book is fresh in my mind.
Makes a lot of sense for all the buried sites and water damage, really.

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 11:40 AM
link   
It's a geological feature. AFAIK NOT ONE artifact, not even a scrap of a foundation, has been found there. If the overall look of the site was fashioned by humans, surely there would be scraps of buildings, at least, but there is nothing. Jimmy surely thinks of himself as someone with "Bright insight," but he has absolutely no expertise here and he's on very shaky ground.

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Thats more likely the Land of Mu if anything

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

thats what Im saying , if the site was that important then it would have been re inhabited

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 03:06 PM
link   

PM4U

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

youtu.be...

There might be more to the Atlantis story than is currently known. Geographically, from the perspective of Stonehenge, the Richat is definitely 'beyond the Pillars of Hercules.'

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 05:27 PM
link   

That there is no evidence of ancient human activity at the Richat is simply not true.

youtu.be...
youtu.be...

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
The underwater sight in Okinawa might be the Alantis . It is there for all to see.

No too far east though in my humble opinion it is definitely an artificial structure created by ancient man, man who apparently was far more sophisticated than mainstream archaeology wants to accept, likely there are other ruins and I heard of reports of sunken walls that appeared to be man made in the sea between Japan and China though I read about those years ago and can't recall all the facts of the story.

Also Asia has it's own and possibly even larger Atlantis, not just Kumari Kundam (Mu) but many legends in Japan, China and other east Asian country's of underwater (Sunken) empires beneath the sea that just possibly may be legends and memory's of lost lands or even other large islands, Japan itself may once have been much larger and it is possible that what we see today is just a fragment of a once much larger landmass, certainly there are some theory's that some of the megalithic stones used in some of Japan's castles may be much older and that the castles may have made use of pre-existing ruins though the Japanese were definitely able engineers so they could be much more recent even if some of them are mind bogglingly large to modern sensibility's and our blinkered views of what our more recent ancestor may have been capable of but it is still an interesting point.

Japan has definitely been inhabited for a very long time and even before the Korean migration into Japan established civilization of the Ainu perhaps the Jomon appears to have already existed there for many thousands of years (though those gene's have been mostly swamped the Japanese are almost definitely also descended from these earlier people as well so the Ainu and the lost Jomon Cultures are also there ancestral traditions as well as the culture that replaced them and it would be wrong to think these ancient people less capable than they probably really were).

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
It's a geological feature. AFAIK NOT ONE artifact, not even a scrap of a foundation, has been found there. If the overall look of the site was fashioned by humans, surely there would be scraps of buildings, at least, but there is nothing.

I'm not arguing your point, but I'd like to know about any information regarding this.
Has there been any < 10m LIDAR studies? Anything we can argue?

This video is compelling:
And it mentions finding arrowheads from 100,000yrs ago in the structure...

Here is an amazing USGS picture of the structure:
SOURCE

edit on 20-1-2023 by havok because: added links and content

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 09:24 PM
link   

I think it's a good theory. There are two things I find strange.
1. There are so many theories about how it got made, but no one has ever proven anything.
2. Why hasn't there ever been a major excavation there.

posted on Jan, 21 2023 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Jimmy surely thinks of himself as someone with "Bright insight," but he has absolutely no expertise here and he's on very shaky ground.

With all due respect, having 1.5 million subscribers and being in the limelight with the likes of Joe Rogan, Graham Hancock, Randall Carlson among others, is hardly shaky ground. Any one of us would be proud to have such a legacy at his age.

History has also shown that some brave people that we think have little expertise, actually have insight capable of great disruption in their respective fields of study.

posted on Jan, 21 2023 @ 06:05 AM
link   
What if the scale of the entire myth/tale/historical account got humungously misrepresented over the generations & 100's & 1000's of years?
What if our "Earth" is actually on a flat plane & fully encircled by Antarctica & beyond Antarctica lie the other "circles of land(s) & seas" as described in the description of Atlantis.
What if the annhilation of Atlantis due to the waters is another version of " The Flood" countless cultures worldwide have in their far back histories.
I mean surely Noah wasn't knocking the Ark up in dry dock over in the middle East & then all hell broke loose & suddenly he's riding out biblical flooding but yet over on the East Coast of ( later to become ) America seafaring folk just assumed they had an unexpected dodge tide.
Think of the power needing to be unleashed to cleanse all of mankind from God's creation. Immense I gather. That would only be possible " worldwide " if Earth were indeed flattened out bordered/ringed by Antarcticas ice wall.

p.s. Since I've already referred to the big guy.....shoutout to God for creating edibles !

top topics

<<   2 >>

join