It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The last of us (HBO tv show)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 10:54 AM
link   
And we're back on track again with episode 4. Guess I can just give it a 5.7 rating again and reason that screwing up at least 1 episode was already factored into that rating. But with only 9 episodes in a season I can really do without fillers.

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Despite everyone on here claiming that episode 3 was going to turn everyone off from the show, episode 4 saw a 17% increase in viewership.
edit on 2/6/2023 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Despite everyone on here claiming that episode 3 was going to turn everyone off from the show, episode 4 saw a 17% increase in viewership.

Most people loved episode 3. New people started the series because of word of mouth of how good it was.

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

That's what I said. But no, the arbiters of pop culture here on ATS assured me the show was going to die after episode 3.

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Yeah I agree with you but I always thought when playing the game that there was room for more people, different factions. You have a whole country to play with here in the sandbox of ideas.

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

So the thing I am concerned about is again more so taking material and cues from the second game. of where in episode 4 you see Joel in a brutal fight but in the second game you get Ellie in those same fight sequences. Its going to be hard to believe that Ellie can win those brutal savage fights by herself like in the game which was still not believeable.

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I think someone said "oh no not another zombie thing" but I think episode 4 showed the draw of the first game, of not only do you have to worry about infected but as Joel was saying people are the main concern.

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

In all fairness, the 'people threat' is sort of a standard inclusion in the 2 other zombie shows that I'm familiar with (TWD and FTWD). So it appears pretty standard for a zombie-style show.

Even the zombie-style movies (or survival in a post-apocalyptic world) that I can think of have the 'people threat':

The Book of Eli
Zombieland
28 Days Later
Resident Evil
World War Z (maybe this one not so much, more of a 'government people threat', been a while since I've seen it)

Just off the top of my head.
edit on 7-2-2023 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher

Let's be honest. Abby would have WRECKED Ellie in a fight if they were real people. If they find some super buff chick to play Abby, it's going to be funny to see Bella Ramsay beating her up.

posted on Feb, 9 2023 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

In all fairness to the Walking Dead this show is moving much faster then the walking dead. I mean isnt there an instance where they spend half a season in the woods? Just in three episodes last of us was able to get from Boston to kansa City?

posted on Feb, 9 2023 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Yeah for sure Abby would wreck Ellie. So I dont know if this is true or not but I heard that they will be introducing Riley this season. that would mean they would already be in Seattle. that's a really quick telling of the story

Again I think fans of the first game who were not fans of the second game might be happy because I don't see how they kill of Joel (Pedro Pascal) who is one of the hottest actors right now. Who is on other streaming services platforms with other shows.

there is no way they follow the game for that.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher
I heard they were going to do the entire first game + the DLC "Left Behind" in the first season. With only 4 more episodes to go, that's a lot.

posted on Feb, 28 2023 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I thought Maybe when I watched this last episode i was just tired from after coming from the gym. But yeah I did actually fall asleep for a minute on this episode. And after reading other comments on this episode it wasnt just me that thought this episode was boring

www.playstationlifestyle.net...

So does Joel get a romantic back story? and this episode felt very much like Walking dead.

this is like questionable narrative choices here. Joel has been seriously wounded and the audience is left wondering what's going to happen to Joel. So then the decision is made to make it all about Ellie? Shouldn't it be the opposite of Joel maybe life flashing before his eyes? looking back on his life? maybe what are some of his regrets?

posted on Feb, 28 2023 @ 05:05 PM
link   

It was a slow one, but it pretty much covered half of the DLC in one episode. The other half was Ellie scouring for medical supplies to heal Joel. My guess is that's going to be the next episode then the last will be the showdown with the Fireflies.
edit on 28-2-2023 by LordAhriman because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-2-2023 by LordAhriman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2023 @ 03:07 PM
link   

So the show has pretty much followed the game. Do you think the show follows the game to a tee and we we get the savage Joel death scene?

posted on Mar, 3 2023 @ 03:30 PM
link   

So the show has pretty much followed the game. Do you think the show follows the game to a tee and we we get the savage Joel death scene?

Most definitely. That's going to be a tough watch.

Neil Druckmann wrote both the game and the show. He's not going to drift the story away from that one.

posted on Mar, 7 2023 @ 04:42 PM
link   

yeah it was especially depressing on what Neil said after the episode " your waiting for Joel to burst in and save Ellie and we wanted none of that." It just goes back again to the problems of last of us part 2, where you are supposed to believe a little girl can take on a grown man. Its just not realistic in anyway. and not only one grown man it was multiple grown ass men.

yeah I got the bad vibes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join