It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shadow People and The Hat Man | Who are they? What do they want?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Shadow People and The Hat Man | Who are they? What do they want?

Here's how it happens.

You're drifting off to sleep; or maybe you wake up in the middle of the night. You feel a presence in the room.

You see something out of the corner of your eye. You try to look but you can't move. You try to call out, but you're unable to make a sound. There's an invisible weight on your chest. Even breathing is difficult.

You strain to look and then you see it. The shadow of a person. You can't detect any features but every instinct you have tells you: this is entity is not friendly.

You hear a light hum, maybe a rush of air and the dark entity vanishes.

You've just encountered a shadow person.

This one was pretty benign, but there are some shadow people sightings that are more intense. More real. These encounters can be traumatic and in some cases: violent.

I should know. Because it happened to me.

Shadow people, also known as shadow figures or dark entities, are ghostly or paranormal beings that are said to appear as dark, shadowy figures. They are often described as tall, human-like shapes that seem to move and flit about in the peripheral vision, but disappear when directly observed. Some people believe that shadow people are the spirits of the dead or demonic entities, while others think they may be a form of extraterrestrial being or inter-dimensional entities.

There have been many reported sightings of shadow people throughout history, but they seem to have become more common in recent times. Some people claim to have seen them in their homes, while others say they have encountered them in public places such as parks and cemeteries.

Theories about the origin and nature of shadow people vary widely, but many people believe that they are malevolent beings that should be avoided at all costs. Some people even claim that encountering a shadow person can cause physical harm or emotional distress. However, others believe that they may be simply a product of the imagination, or a symptom of sleep disorders like sleep paralysis.

There is no scientific evidence to support the existence of shadow people, but many people continue to report encounters with these mysterious beings. Whether they are real or not, the idea of shadow people is deeply ingrained in human folklore and continues to fascinate people to this day.

One of the most intriguing aspects of shadow people is the fact that many people who claim to have seen them describe them as having a sinister or malevolent presence. Some people report feeling a sense of dread or fear when in the presence of a shadow person, and others say that they have even been physically attacked by these entities. There are also reports of shadow people causing electrical disturbances, such as lights flickering or appliances malfunctioning, when they are present.

However, not all encounters with shadow people are negative. Some people have reported feeling a sense of peace or tranquility when in the presence of a shadow person, and others say that they have even been helped or protected by these entities.

There are also many different theories about how to protect oneself from shadow people. Some people believe that carrying a religious symbol, such as a crucifix or a Star of David, can provide protection. Others recommend using sage or other herbs to clear the energy in a space, or using salt to create a protective barrier.

Despite the numerous reports of shadow people, there is still much that remains unknown about these mysterious entities. Some people believe that they are simply a product of the imagination, while others are convinced that they are real and that more research is needed to understand them. Whether you believe in shadow people or not, one thing is certain: they continue to capture the imagination of people around the world and spark discussions about the paranormal and the unknown.

Native American cultures have a rich tradition of storytelling and many of their legends and myths include stories about shadow people or dark entities. The specific legends and beliefs about shadow people vary among different tribes, but many of them share some common themes.

In some Native American legends, shadow people are said to be the spirits of the dead who have not found their way to the afterlife. They are often described as being lost and confused, and are said to be drawn to the living in an attempt to find guidance. Some tribes believe that shadow people can be benevolent and can provide guidance or protection to those who are open to their presence.

In other legends, shadow people are said to be malevolent beings that are to be avoided at all costs. They are often described as being dark and menacing, and are said to be able to cause harm to the living. Some tribes believe that shadow people are the spirits of those who died in violent or tragic circumstances and are now seeking revenge.

There are also many rituals and ceremonies that were performed by Native American tribes to protect themselves from shadow people. Some tribes used smudging, which is the burning of certain herbs, to clear negative energy and protect against shadow people. Others used rituals to honor the dead and help guide their spirits to the afterlife, in order to prevent them from becoming shadow people.

Overall, Native American legends of shadow people show a diverse and rich cultural view of the spirit world. These legends reflect the beliefs and worldviews of different tribes and the way they explained the unknown or the inexplicable in their world.

The Apache tribe of the Southwestern United States has a legend of the "skin-walkers," which are said to be witches who can transform into animals or other creatures. These witches are said to be able to take on the form of a dark, shadowy figure and are said to be able to cause harm to those who cross their path.

The Hopi tribe of the Southwest United States has a legend of the "wakwak," which are said to be spirits of the dead who have not found their way to the afterlife. They are said to appear as dark, shadowy figures and are said to be drawn to the living in an attempt to find guidance.

The Cree tribe of Canada has a legend of the "wendigo," which is a malevolent spirit that is said to be able to possess people and turn them into cannibals. The wendigo is often described as being a dark, shadowy figure with glowing eyes.

The Navajo tribe of the Southwestern United States has a legend of the "yee naaldlooshii," which is a witch that can take on the form of a dark, shadowy figure. It is said that the yee naaldlooshii can cause harm to those who cross its path and that it can only be defeated by a powerful medicine man or spiritual leader.

The Ojibwe tribe of the Great Lakes region has a legend of the "wiindigo," which is a malevolent spirit that possesses people and drives them to commit acts of violence. The wiindigo is often described as a dark, shadowy figure and is said to be able to control the elements and bring about harsh winters.

The Blackfoot tribe of the Great Plains has a legend of the "nitsokan," which is a spirit that is said to appear as a dark, shadowy figure. It is said to be able to cause harm to those who cross its path, but it can also be propitiated with offerings and prayers.

to name a few.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

When i was a child, i sometimes called my mother to bring me a glass of water at night, one time the door opened, and instead of my mother, there was this old hag, kinda looked like the ring girl, but older and crooked, with one hand it supported its back, in the other hand there was the glass of water.

I watched in terror as this apparition slowly walked closer to me, when it was about halfway from the door to my bed, i blinked and it was gone, and the door was shut.

It was a disgusting and terrifying sight, and ironically, i have a really bad back with multiple broken discs and sometimes have to walk like that creature i saw as a child.

edit on 16-1-2023 by XipeTotex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I'm going to leave this thread here: Shadow People: What do they do?

I've been investigating these Shadow People since the 1990s. It's impossible to figure out what "they" want since the Shadow People are individuals and not a single entity. It would be like comparing human activity and stating that all people are the same as a single person.

Maybe I should write a book about all that I've learned about these Shadow People over the last 3 decades of research and investigations.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Any references or links besides the Youtube clip?

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

Any references or links besides the Youtube clip?

Skinwalker
Wendigo
Shadowy People
The Shadow Lands
edit on 16-1-2023 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

If you have any specific questions send me a PM and I'll answer you with what I know from research.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I've seen shadow people, other than being shocked after initially seeing them, they have never bothered me. Now the old hag is something completely different, I've had sleep paralysis attacks for many years. I will hear a buzzing with them, and one time I could feel a mass of energy hovering over me. It was so close that I wanted to back away because it was in my personal space.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Instead of sage, a crucifix, or a star of David, I usually just turn on the lights.

I think they are psycho-pomps myself.

Cool topic.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday

If you have any specific questions send me a PM and I'll answer you with what I know from research.

I have also heard that they have a connection to UFO sightings...not the men in black either.

Does your research have a connection that you have seen?

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 06:58 PM
link   

I'm going to leave this thread here: Shadow People: What do they do?

I've been investigating these Shadow People since the 1990s. It's impossible to figure out what "they" want since the Shadow People are individuals and not a single entity. It would be like comparing human activity and stating that all people are the same as a single person.

Maybe I should write a book about all that I've learned about these Shadow People over the last 3 decades of research and investigations.

What, if anything other than sheer curiosity, caused you to dedicate so much time to this subject?

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I eluded to hat man in my story dark cell.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Had one in our house for months, back when I was fifteen or so. Never encountered it while drifting in or out of sleep though. Never had a feeling of malevolence or benevolence from it either, though my mother did say she felt it was a peaceful presence. As far as I know, she never saw it, just felt it. It's an interesting story however.

Can't find where I posted it on ATS, but here is the gist...

At first I would see it pacing in the next room. Gradually, I got acclimated to it. One night, I went to the kitchen for a snack and it rushed at me as I turned the light on, and vanished. At that point I knew the pacing shadows in my peripherals was indeed something. It would continue to pace, night after night.

One night, three of us were playing hide and seek in the dark. I hid in a tree fort by the woodshed, and my friend behind some trees on the opposite end of the yard. I turned my head behind me, just looking around, and heard someone run into the shed. After checking to make sure the coast was clear, I jumped out of the fort and went into the shed. Nobody was in there.

Peeking out of the shed, I saw my brother find my friend in his original hiding spot. I then witnessed them both go into the house. I took the opportunity to run out of the shed and run behind the swimming pool. Across from the pool, adjacent to the shed, was a huge pile of logs. At this point, I should note, my friend had been dressed in all black, from head to toe.

I looked around, toward the woodpile. As I did, my friend ran up the same way I did, except instead of going left toward me, he ran right, and went behind the woodpile. He had taken off his black hoody and put his red cap back on. I peeked above the pool to see if my brother was back outside, and couldn't see him. So I stood up and ran behind the woodpile, to tell my friend about how I thought I'd heard someone run into the shed.

My friend was not behind the woodpile...

I decided to quit the game and just walked back around and into the open. When I looked toward the back patio, my friend and my brother, were coming back out of the house. My friend, was still wearing the black hoody.

The pacing kept up night after night, and I eventually tried communicating with whatever it was. Nothing exciting, just leaving notes in that particular room overnight. Nothing ever happened. So one evening, I tried talking to it. I can't remember what I said. Probably just a greeting. It didn't reply in any way. But something else happened, which may be a bit hard to describe.

In my mind's eye, so to speak, I saw a big white flash of light in the shape of an orb. Not a perfect orb, but more akin to those blotches you see when you rub your eyes too hard. For some reason, in that moment, I felt like that was it leaving. And maybe it was, because after that, we never saw it again.

edit on 1-16-2023 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I have seen them infrequently since I was a kid. I never felt like they were any danger to me, except during my religious phase. They were just there at certain times in my life, watching I guess.

I've entertained the idea that they may be somewhat of an archetype that has persisted through the millennia.

edit on 1/16/2023 by Klassified because: wording

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy
No, from everything that I've researched about their history it would seem that they are just another species of life living here on Earth with us. It would seem from stories and myths, that they are a much older society than ours is, and that there may have been incidences in the past that caused us to believe that they are evil and that from their perspective can't trust us.

The whole UFO and Demon ideas just came out of people being afraid of them, or looking for a cheap answer to a question that they can't answer.

a reply to: seattlerat

I had a few run ins with them. One was good and one was bad. My Grandfather had a couple of interesting encounters during the war with them, but the more I came across them the more they seemed to be something mundane yet not talked about. In the end I guess what really got me into looking at this Shadow People phenomena more than anything else was that they seem to be something that had a solid answer unlike UFOs and other paranormal events.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I have seen entities all my life since I was a child, the shadow people are very interesting, I use to seen them all the time, 3 of them one very tall the other no so, they all wore long black coats and hats, I was never able to see the face features.

I will open my eyes and there they will be always on my right-hand side of the bed, staring at me scaring the bejesus out of me.

But something happen one night, I walk up and there they were, but with them was a man no shadow but a very pale man with blond hair wearing jeans and a checkered shirt, he looked sickly, I looked straight at his eyes, he was in surprised and asked the shadow people "can she see me"? for some reason that annoyed me soo much I told him yes I can see you very clear you dumb ass.

Well after that, the shadow people never came back again.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Is that because it's my Birthday?

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Sure, or the fact that I hate answer of "demons", or evil "whatchamacallits" whenever the topic of Shadow People come up.

Hope you have a good birthday though.

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 12:49 AM
link   

What a great post. This is why I come here. Ironic too, because I have bouts of what they call "sleep paralysis" and this is exactly what happens. I cannot move, it feels like I can't even breathe, like it is a struggle and a dark figure, sometimes resembling the grim reaper seems to be standing or hovering near me. I try so hard to scream but no sound comes out and it is almost like my mouth is packed with gauze or something. Then as quickly as it comes, it's gone. Even now that I know what it is and I'm not going to die (hopefully) it is still pretty scary every time it happens.
edit on 17-1-2023 by Antimony because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 06:03 AM
link   
A "person" who once told me about seeing one just also happened to be such an evil cnt that it wouldnt surprise me if the shadow person was following him to make sure he didnt kill anyone with his evil and ineptitude.

This guy was #ed up, and I'm not saying everyone who sees shadow people are total evil, but this fkn monster was. Like this "person" was nuke the planet level of scum and I think the shadow people like to keep an eye on those type of "people".

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I think if you add hallucinatory to sleep paralysis that narrows the disorder further..like there being a difference, like hallucinatory sleep paralysis is different than simply sleep paralysis, the hallucinatory version being slightly more rare..if I understood correctly. I never experienced shadow people per se with my bouts of the crud, but a presence of some sort yes..not an emotion word to describe the feeling, but definitely something with the lights, like the room being illuminated when it shouldn't be..almost like just being looked at..im glad that hasn't happened in a while..it can happen while you're awake too, except you're not paralyzed..im certain the natives were onto something with the herb burning, fixes the spark gap if you will.
edit on 17-1-2023 by didntasktobeborned because: .

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join