It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada’s New Euthanasia Laws Carry Upsetting Nazi-Era Echoes - Warns Experts

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2023 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Where is my pepperoni pizza?

Would you like vegan roasted pepper?

Is that how they offer it?

posted on Jan, 9 2023 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I can only draw on my own recent experience, the nhs have supplied a wheel chair ramp , an orthopaedic bed, endless medication a recliner chair , all without question and hesitation

She has now been admitted to a hospice where they are supplying her with comfort and care

My wife has expressed she has had enough and I believe she should be allowed the option to decide her own fate

Why should her suffering from an incurable disease be extended beyond what she can tolerate , I guess if you have not personally witnessed a loved one going through such pain perhaps you can’t empathise to the situation accordingly

posted on Jan, 9 2023 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

If people really want to die, then they will find a way to do it.

Having the government offer to kill you is disturbing.

posted on Jan, 9 2023 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

If people really want to die, then they will find a way to do it.

Having the government offer to kill you is disturbing.

Well said, DB.

It's the offering (without a non-government advocate for the patient present) and the trickery, especially with people that are on the edge and may not know what they're doing.

posted on Jan, 9 2023 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpThenDown
I can only draw on my own recent experience, the nhs have supplied a wheel chair ramp , an orthopaedic bed, endless medication a recliner chair , all without question and hesitation

She has now been admitted to a hospice where they are supplying her with comfort and care

My wife has expressed she has had enough and I believe she should be allowed the option to decide her own fate

Why should her suffering from an incurable disease be extended beyond what she can tolerate , I guess if you have not personally witnessed a loved one going through such pain perhaps you can’t empathise to the situation accordingly

I'm not against euthanasia.

I believe that your wife is free to choose. I pray you both find comfort.

I'm against the tactics being used by our government to "trick" and "deceive" patients and their families.

posted on Jan, 9 2023 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I can see a patient option, but it's the patient option brought up by the patient. It shouldn't be offered by the government like McD's asking if I want fries with that.

posted on Jan, 9 2023 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I can see a patient option, but it's the patient option brought up by the patient. It shouldn't be offered by the government like McD's asking if I want fries with that.

Agreed 1000%

That's the bothersome part.

posted on Jan, 9 2023 @ 01:32 PM
link   

No doubt this will go Global and sadly, there's nothing anyone can do about it. I have no doubt this will become a norm in most all of the blue states. What perplexes me is why they don't do more to unload the front end of population growth by restricting births/reproduction.

posted on Jan, 9 2023 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Abortion and euthanasia should be illegal. At the same time, the punishment should not be severe. Human life is messy with limitless numbers of circumstances. My position is that discretion should always be applied. The spirit of the law vs the letter. Each case is unique, while the default position is to preserve life. Of course there will always be edge cases where the general rule does not apply. When the default setting is to end life, that is clearly wrong. People are dehumanized and treated like numbers. It was interesting to read about Quebec trying to euthanize handicap children. If you cant see an issue with that, then you really need a spiritual awakening.

posted on Jan, 9 2023 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Did we not have a thread in a similar vein regarding the UK?

I'm going to look it up.

Edit: Here we are: www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 912023 by Wide-Eyes because: To add link

posted on Jan, 9 2023 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

originally posted by: UpThenDown

I'm not against euthanasia.

I believe that your wife is free to choose. I pray you both find comfort.

I'm against the tactics being used by our government to "trick" and "deceive" patients and their families.

I'm aware of how disgustingly selfish people can be. Sometimes it's the government, sometimes it's the family.

The man signed himself off and there's no actual diagnosis that he was psychologically unfit to decide his own fate.

edit on 9-1-2023 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2023 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Just more evidence that eugenics and depopulation are still very much alive and well in the 21st century.

posted on Jan, 9 2023 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

Just more evidence that eugenics and depopulation are still very much alive and well in the 21st century.

They're only just getting started.

posted on Jan, 9 2023 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Did we not have a thread in a similar vein regarding the UK?

I'm going to look it up.

Edit: Here we are: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yessir.

That was my impetus for this thread, I was like, wait a minute, this is being coordinated on a global basis.

posted on Jan, 9 2023 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zenchuck

Abortion and euthanasia should be illegal. At the same time, the punishment should not be severe. Human life is messy with limitless numbers of circumstances. My position is that discretion should always be applied. The spirit of the law vs the letter. Each case is unique, while the default position is to preserve life. Of course there will always be edge cases where the general rule does not apply. When the default setting is to end life, that is clearly wrong. People are dehumanized and treated like numbers. It was interesting to read about Quebec trying to euthanize handicap children. If you cant see an issue with that, then you really need a spiritual awakening.

No, both should be available with care as otherwise suffering and a worse death will ensue.
What most rational people are against is the sneaky ways governments and crooked doctors will abuse it.

There are situations worse than death or aborted cells and you want people to enjoy the whole torture because you feel fine?

Euthanasia and abortions need to be done sometimes, if you like it or not. And desperate people deserve dignity and a painless death as well as some women need an abortion by a professional.

However there must be guidelines and safety nets and a lot of discussion beforehand, so that neither get abused.

posted on Jan, 9 2023 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

I watched an interesting interview with a reformed satanist who was able to climb the ranks within the satanic church through performing abortions. Murder of infants is high on the list of scoring points within those circles, and ending infant lives is of special interest to them. Just noticing your name here with 666 in the tag. You might know more about this than I do.

posted on Jan, 9 2023 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
I can sort of understand pro life politics when it regards infants who have no voice. I can't understand pro life politics when you are actively restricting medically fragile and exhausted people who DO have a voice from exerting their right to a dignified expiration. If you don't like it, politely say no thanks. But there ARE people who want it and deserve it.

Ummm...what...?

There are at least ten thousand ways to off oneself...If an individual wants to off themself...then why does it have to be state sanctioned...or medically approved/pushed...?

Why on earth would anyone else need to be involved...?

If life is too much of a bitch...then just do the thing...

I see it like this...the MSM pushes primetime negative news as it's narrative...the Government purposefully...and systematically increases the cost to live through their progressive ideologies...

Fairly obvious to see that the intent is to create the very scenario's we witness on a daily basis...Purposely creating the desperate need in the minds of some to seek this..."dignified expiration"...

Problem...reaction...solution...

BTW your barbiturates...are in the mail...

Take as directed...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 9 2023 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: TzarChasm

When government controls the options and the treatment for everything is death, it's an issue. Why is the government out front with option?

"Why is my wheelchair ramp late?"

"Would you like to die?"

There are people who deserve it.

Ummm...That pretty much sums up the discussion...

Then it will be...groups that deserve it...be it by political persuasion...or race...or...

Shades of 1943...and history...repeating the curve...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 9 2023 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
Modern Healthcare models.

I'd still chose the system where I go bankrupt rather than get buried. But still...

😂😂😂😂

posted on Jan, 9 2023 @ 04:00 PM
link   
This trend disturbs me in oh, so many ways!

What teenager hasn't had their heart broken and wanted to die? A psych eval would certainly show they were sane-just wanting to stop the pain. With parental rights shrinking more as time passes, the day could come when your (temporarily) broken-hearted 13 y/o wants to die?

Kids on the Autism spectrum take more effort to raise, so just off them and go for a more perfect replacement? Or claim your kid is defective, let the gov agent rubber stamp it, problem solved! You know there will be loopholes and parents will find them in order to abuse the system.

The world is full of stories of people who weren't expected to survive, yet despite the odds and with support of their families made a full recovery.

The problem isn't the gov pushing this; it's what they intend to expand it to once it's been accepted. One day some will no longer have a choice if a doctor says the outcome isn't favorable-or too expensive.

To kill a child because it's not 'perfect' (in your eyes) brought to mind a story. Long ago this Guy was nailed to a cross, and when he begged for water they put a cup of vinegar to his lips, laughing and mocking him. That's kind of similar to the Canadian homeless Vet who asked for help getting housing; instead they offered him euthanasia.

I no longer find myself wishing I was younger, or that I had more time. I will enjoy my family with whatever time I have left and let the woke world pass me by.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join