It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prince Harry’s New Book

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2023 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I think ATS should have a Book forum!

Grab yourself a cup of hot tea, two cubes of sugar and get ready for the show!

My predictions, this book is going to be one of the biggest sellers, it will be a blockbuster.
People say they don’t care, but they obviously do and are watching and reading and salivating over anything regarding the royals.

I have mixed feeling regarding Harry. When Princess Diana passed away it seemed like the world, especially mothers had a soft spot for Harry. Not so much for William oddly. Maybe we knew he would be King. Perhaps we all have a soft spot for the youngest in the family. I think every family is like this. I know it’s true in my family, my relatives etc. The babies can do no wrong and they will still be adored.

As an American watching all this, it is highly amusing. I can only imagine what our friends across the pond are thinking.

The one tidbit that was released from the book is the William and Harry begged their father not to marry Camilla but he didn’t listen.
I LOOOOOOOVE Camilla and Prince Charles, HEAR ME OUT, hear me out. I also love Princess Diana! BUT we all know that is NOT who Charles loved. He has always always always loved Camilla, that never changed for one second. He was arranged to marry Diana but his heart was never for a second with her. His heart was with Camilla, and dang, he has stood by that woman through thick and thin and maybe even did the unimaginable for her… Don’t get me wrong, I think Charles is a crusty old man but the heart wants what the heart wants, and her name was Camilla!
Perhaps behind the scenes ol’ Royal mummy told Charles he could have any lady he wanted but must marry her choice and have grandchildren. he kept his end of the bargain.

Back to the book, I think it’s going to have much more of an impact than the Netflix series or other interviews.
We’ll see. I think Diana would approve of his spirit and giving everyone the big middle finger!

posted on Jan, 8 2023 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

On a conspiracy note..

www.thedailybeast.com...

Harry said in a trailer for his British interview with the journalist Tom Bradby: “What was different here was the level of frustration, and I talk about the red mist that I had for so many years, and I saw this red mist in him. He wanted me to hit him back but I chose not to. ”

So is this a reptilian thing or what?
Is this a common term for Brits for anger or something weird?
Never heard of “red mist” as a term for pent up anger…

posted on Jan, 8 2023 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I think Harry needs serious help. As more excerpts are revealed, he just looks more and more petty, self-serving, jealous and churlish.

But more than anything, his betrayal of family confidences is despicable. He didn't just tell his "truth," he betrayed the confidences of others.

Harry is coming across as a petulant teenager, and I seriously wonder if his emotional growth and development stopped when his mother died. Whatever the roots, Harry needs help. Serious help.

posted on Jan, 8 2023 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
I think Harry needs serious help. As more excerpts are revealed, he just looks more and more petty, self-serving, jealous and churlish.

But more than anything, his betrayal of family confidences is despicable. He didn't just tell his "truth," he betrayed the confidences of others.

Harry is coming across as a petulant teenager, and I seriously wonder if his emotional growth and development stopped when his mother died. Whatever the roots, Harry needs help. Serious help.

People said similar things about Diana that they are saying about Harry. They said the nastiest thing about her, (I remember it) then after her death she was a saint.

posted on Jan, 8 2023 @ 02:24 PM
link   

My fascination with royals ended with Camelot.

posted on Jan, 8 2023 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Red mist is a very old English for losing your temper to such a point rationale has gone out the window..... another Brit saying

I doubt you'll get much out of the Brits about his book, or tonight's upcoming interview.
The book has been 'leaking' from Spain for a few days as they released it 'by accident' quite a few days before the official release date.
The book is priced at £19.99 but various outlets are already getting ready to sell it at £7 because pre-orders were, well, not very many.
While Harry is busy jabbing his family, Meghan is being very quiet..... she's got the sucker punch. Which one she throws will be based on how Harry's popularity goes...... watch this space!

My view? Given what the MSM reporting from the book leak, I dread to think what's lined up for books 2,3 and 4.
How his interview goes down tonight will also be very telling.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jan, 8 2023 @ 02:36 PM
link   

But more than anything, his betrayal of family confidences is despicable.
a reply to: Boadicea

I was listening to GB News today and there was some commentator saying the press are like dogs on heat trying to find or have already found the girl he lost his virginity to. So, there he is complaining about the press invading his space, accusing the Royal Family of controlling the press..... and he's just unleashed the hounds from hell on this poor girl!

I don't think thus is playing out the way Meghan thought it would...... or maybe it is? Can you imagine the 'celebrity' divorce?

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jan, 8 2023 @ 02:44 PM
link   

People said similar things about Diana that they are saying about Harry. They said the nastiest thing about her, (I remember it) then after her death she was a saint.

I agree that there are many similarities between what people said about Diana and what people are saying about Harry... but not everything said about Diana was good, and not everything said about Harry is good. We know now that Diana suffered eating disorders and clinical depression, that she played the media as much as the dogged her -- often tipping them off to her whereabouts ahead of time.

I would disagree that Diana was ever a saint though... just a long-suffering martyr in the end. She did accomplish much good through her charity work -- orphanages, AIDS patients, landmines, and so on -- which is remembered and appreciated. Harry will hopefully be remembered for his work with Invictus and Sentabale.

If Harry had truly had anything damaging to reveal against the royal family -- institutional racism or another "ism", embezzlement of taxpayer funds, something relevant to Brits and the UK -- he could have been a whistleblower and reformer. But all he's done is whine and moan about trivial perceived slights -- "poor poor me."

I've been reading some articles and forums in Britain, where their economy has been hit hard, with people struggling to heat their homes and put food on the table, and they aren't appreciating Harry's pity party.

On the plus side for Meghan, she's not bearing the brunt of it any longer. And it's about damn time Harry stopped hiding behind his wife!

link   
My Mum was British, and I know they hold the Royal Family in high regard there, she always did.
Just my opinion that Harry is being a fool by airing his dirty laundry in public, no one needs to know all the embarrassing details. Every family has incidents, and no one is interested, it's normal.
I also think he is acting like a spoiled entitled child. Add to that Meghan, who seems to feel she is above it all, and you have a big dramatic mess.
Meghan never seemed to understand that she was in another country's Royal Family, with their own traditions and she seemed to be out to flail her way through as she pleased, dragging her mother and father dramas with her, even at that spectacular wedding.
Then came the 'Oprah' interviews (more dramas), with all kinds of charges against the Royals, and Meghan has her own Soap Opera going!
Now this silly book, this is all just my opinion but is anyone really going to bother with all this anymore?? LOL

link   

As an American watching all this, it is highly amusing. I can only imagine what our friends across the pond are thinking.

I find it sad , what a fool will do for love.

Harry has moved himself from being the most popular young Royal in the country to a figure of derision and ridicule , he's alienated himself from his family and incurred the wrath of the army he loves with his Afghanistan revelations , when this little bubble bursts all of his bridges are broken and burned.

"Stupid boy."
-Captain Mainwaring.

posted on Jan, 8 2023 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: Boadicea

No matter what anyone thinks of Diana, she could have spent her life partying on yachts -
She chose instead to bring world attention to injustices, and I have to admire her for stepping up.

posted on Jan, 8 2023 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I find it sad , what a fool will do for love.

Harry has moved himself from being the most popular young Royal in the country to a figure of derision and ridicule , he's alienated himself from his family and incurred the wrath of the army he loves with his Afghanistan revelations , when this little bubble bursts all of his bridges are broken and burned.

"Stupid boy."
-Captain Mainwaring.

I am really embarrassed for him, allowing this woman to relocate him and his entire life to another country?
And now he wants his 'relationships' with his brother and father back, one can only imagine what King Charles is thinking about this, and I understand Harry wasn't too nice about either one of them in his book.
Sad.

posted on Jan, 8 2023 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel

But more than anything, his betrayal of family confidences is despicable.

I was listening to GB News today and there was some commentator saying the press are like dogs on heat trying to find or have already found the girl he lost his virginity to. So, there he is complaining about the press invading his space, accusing the Royal Family of controlling the press..... and he's just unleashed the hounds from hell on this poor girl!

I don't think thus is playing out the way Meghan thought it would...... or maybe it is? Can you imagine the 'celebrity' divorce?

Rainbows
Jane

I saw that, and I just shook my head. The pub owner has reported what she is doing now, and probably won't be too hard to track down. That poor woman -- she wasn't even given fair warning before the hounds of media hell were released upon her!

I can't imagine Meghan was okay with much of what he revealed about her. Unless, like you suggested, she's laying a foundation for divorce, which I certainly hope not. (Thinking of their babies) At the same time, I've hated seeing her take all the heat. I'm not a fan of Meghan, or all of their self-serving publicity and self-marketing, but she's only doing what she knows -- both for herself and her man. She was born and raised "Hollywood." She doesn't know anything else.

It's all just so so sad.

posted on Jan, 8 2023 @ 03:24 PM
link   

The pub owner has reported what she is doing now, and probably won't be too hard to track down.

Is there a better song than this ?

posted on Jan, 8 2023 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Meghan has poisoned his mind, and even if he breaks loose of her grip the total mind# she caused him will take years to undo.

Not that I care.

posted on Jan, 8 2023 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

LOL -- nope! That is perfect.

But oh my lordy -- the mental images as I listened! That was too funny!!!

posted on Jan, 8 2023 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: 19Bones79

Meghan has poisoned his mind, and even if he breaks loose of her grip the total mind# she caused him will take years to undo.

Meghan doesn't have that much power over a grownass -- albeit emotionally stunted -- man. Harry is doing exactly what he wants to do -- no matter how misguided and unwise. He's about to learn some much needed lessons at the school of Hard Knocks.

The most Meghan did was give him the vocabulary/thesaurus to put what he was already thinking and feeling and brooding over into words.

posted on Jan, 8 2023 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I think you aught to wake up and smell the roses. Charles always loving Camilla, I nearly fell off my chair. Charles has had numerous "loves" including getting one pregnant and her having an abortion, oo, oo that last one was gossip. I don't think you yanks know how they work here. Charles, the next in line for the throne had GOT TO produce an heir. Now Camilla was "damaged goods", she already had children with a Mr Parker Bowles, so a child with her would throw up a few errr problems. So the royal establishment wanted a brood mare to provide an heir AND she HAD to be a virgin. So the lottery pick went to Diana Spencer.

So now you have the heir (William) and the spare (Harry). So who can blame Harry because from the get go (being the spare) he has been side-lined and woe betide he married a woman "of colour", a woman he loves. I could guarantee you 100% when the royal family saw Megan they had collective apoplectic fits and from that time they have made Harrys life miserable.

posted on Jan, 8 2023 @ 03:54 PM
link   
PS. AND not everybody in the UK worships the royal family. I also forgot, this of coarse could be a con job. Like the releasing a photo of the Queen giving a Nazi salute when she was young. Harry could be clearing his cupboards of skeletons. So that 5 or 10 years down the line there can never be a "revelation" about the royal family.
edit on 8-1-2023 by crayzeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2023 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Harry is a traitor to his family. I hate the bastard for what he has done, especially to the Queen in her last days.

I wish him and his cow nothing but the worst.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join