It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prayer: An Extraordinary Display of Public Piety That has Unfurled Across the Country

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2024 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I agree. It was amazing to see.

Especially when he was up and about walking later on.

I haven't heard about him for a while.

How is doing now though?

originally posted by: Waterglass
Prayer. Think about it.

Bills statement: Damar Hamlin has shown 'remarkable improvement' over last 24 hours, per physicians caring for him

Buffalo Bills player Damar Hamlin family rep says he 'was awake but is now sedated'

This thread is about an article that appeared in The New York Times in relation to NFL player Damar Hamiln of the Buffalo Bills who suffered Cardiac Arrest in this Mondays NFL game in Cincinnati which unleashed an extraordinary display of public piety that has unfurled across the country that I have never witnessed in my life.

Transformation Prayers for Damar Hamlin Show Bond Between Football and Faith

It was the first of many prayers in an extraordinary display of public piety that has unfurled across the country in the hours and days after Mr. Hamlin’s collapse after what looked like a routine collision early in the game. Mr. Hamlin suffered cardiac arrest on the field and was in critical condition as of Wednesday night at University of Cincinnati Medical Center. The team said he was showing signs of improvement. The invocations on behalf of the 24-year-old have gone beyond the pro forma “thoughts and prayers” often offered by public figures after a tragedy. The outpouring reveals the way that Christian faith has long been intertwined with American football culture, tied to the sport through its popularity in the Bible Belt. Strengthening the bond is the closeness of players whose risk of physical danger in the high-impact sport has attracted more publicity in recent years. Video circulated online of Bengals fans reciting the Lord’s Prayer in the stands. On ESPN on Tuesday, the analyst Dan Orlovsky, a former N.F.L. quarterback, told his colleagues on the live broadcast that “it’s just on my heart that I want to pray.” Bowing his head and closing his eyes, he did so. ADVERTISEMENT

Many here do not believe there is a God. I also was of that color until I moved to South Carolina and have experienced many spiritual encounters such that I returned to the Catholic church. I was visited by Father Robert Morey of the Diocese of Charleston in 2021. I am currently under the protection of the Catholic church.

I suggest that you at least consider prayer in your daily routine. I now use the rosary.

Damar Hamlin has awakened and appears to be fine. You must be kidding? Right?

posted on Jan, 11 2024 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: beyondyours001

Hes played several games in 2023 and was a scratch last week. He apparently has fully recovered. Pisstburgh Steelers are next on deck for Sunday

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join