It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sigourney weaver thanks Jennifer Lawrence for paving the way for female heroines!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2022 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: pheonix358

The actual person who started the whole thing was Anne McCaffrey with her book "The Ship Who Sang." She was the first Author to have a main female heroine

Not quite.

H.G. Wells novel " Ann Veronica " had a female heroine, which was published 50 years earlier, in 1909.

No where near what we are talking about.

Ann Veronica had a female lead, granted, but heroine ... I think not!

P

posted on Dec, 31 2022 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

but heroine ... I think not!

You think wrong then.

Ann Veronica caused a scandal in its time because of the feminist sensibilities of the heroine and because of the affair Wells was having with Amber Reeves, the woman who inspired the novel's eponymous characte

www.bbc.com...

A Modern Utopia was leading up to Ann Veronica (1909) in which the youthful heroine was allowed a frankness of desire and sexual enterprise hitherto unknown in English popular fiction. That book created a scandal at the time, though it seems mild enough reading to the young of today. It is rather badly constructed, there is an excessive use of soliloquy, but Ann Veronica came as near to being a living character as anyone in my earlier love stories. This was so because in some particulars she was drawn from life. And for that and other reasons she made a great fuss in the world.’

link.springer.com...

Or are you trying to say that a female can only be a " heroine " in one genre of literature ?

If you are then you are wrong.

edit on 31-12-2022 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join