It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study shows Guanafacine and N-acetylcysteine (NAC) may help those with long-covid brain fog

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2022 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

Yes, I would believe that Gingko Biloba has helped you with this. It has been shown to improve blood circulation in the brain. It is also a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) and helps increase the amount of dopamine in the brain. It also has some neuroprotective qualities.

posted on Dec, 28 2022 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Yes, I would believe that Gingko Biloba has helped you with this. It has been shown to improve blood circulation in the brain. It is also a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) and helps increase the amount of dopamine in the brain. It also has some neuroprotective qualities.

posted on Dec, 28 2022 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan

Well all I can say is we were both pleasantly surprised at how quickly we were able to think more clearly.

posted on Dec, 28 2022 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

I know several people who are unvaccinated and have long covid.
Some of these people have been to more than one doctor with their symptoms.
Some were very sick from covid, some barely ill.
Some young, some old, most fairly healthy at the start. None obese or diabetic.

posted on Dec, 28 2022 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
Long covid exists among the unvaccinated.
People still suffering since early 2020 in some cases....and some being told It's all in their heads.

People never jabbed who get L.C. symptoms after the acute phase of the virus resolves.

I have no examples of that in my area. We don't have anyone with LC, or even talking about it other than to say "not getting the jab" or if they did then "I won't get the booster" is what I hear. The people I know who have gotten CV several times all to a person had the vaccines and the flu shots.

posted on Dec, 28 2022 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I know several people who are unvaccinated and have long covid.
Some of these people have been to more than one doctor with their symptoms.
Some were very sick from covid, some barely ill.
Some young, some old, most fairly healthy at the start. None obese or diabetic.

I've not heard of any.

Of course I believe you, but I haven't experienced that myself.

Could it be psychosomatic?

I'd still like to see some studies on the un-vaxxed and LC though.

posted on Dec, 28 2022 @ 03:11 PM
link   

No.

It is a very real, very lingering illness.
Various symptoms. Fatigue being a major part of it.

I know a rather young woman, early 40s, could barely climb stairs in her home. She is a lot better now, 90-95% better. Still has real and lingering heart issues.
Never vaxxed.

posted on Dec, 28 2022 @ 05:00 PM
link   

No.

It is a very real, very lingering illness.
Various symptoms. Fatigue being a major part of it.

I know a rather young woman, early 40s, could barely climb stairs in her home. She is a lot better now, 90-95% better. Still has real and lingering heart issues.
Never vaxxed.

Have they ever had a history of CFS?

I've heard of it re-activating dormant viruses. Which IMO lends credence to it being man-made. Since, I've never heard of this happening with any other Coronavirus.

I'd STILL like to see more actual studies, other than WebMD, which is where I got that info.

posted on Dec, 28 2022 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Smell never really came back and its going on 3 years now. No vaccines for me either...
edit on 28-12-2022 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2022 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

Smell never really came back and its going on 3 years now. No vaccines for me either...

I've heard of that.

It isn't just associated with Covid, but with many viruses and infections.

I guess it could technically qualify.

Post-viral Anosmia (Loss of Sensation of Smell) Did Not Begin with COVID-19!
NIH

posted on Dec, 28 2022 @ 06:42 PM
link   

No CFS. No "active" medical conditions.

Three are older, one a man, two a woman.
Two are younger women....40s with no known health issues.
Only one got any of the jabs, and she got the long covid BEFORE she got the jab....this would be early-mod 2020.

One man, no jabs, got EBV re-activiated.
Another only got bad brain fog....middle aged man, no vax.
I got cold sores twice this year for the first time in my life [and I am not young anymore], not jabbed and have had CV more than once. Just not the same variant.
Sure you cannot get the same strain more than once, but there is NO reason you could not get other variants....just like the flu and the common cold.

I also know people [well] who have friends/relatives with "long covid"

posted on Dec, 28 2022 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

I just talked to someone about a week ago that I know when we were out at the store and the person said they have not been able to taste much or even shell much after they had the covid almost a year ago. I wonder how that could be fixed? Must be that either the taste and smell receptors got damaged or the nerves going to the brain...could also be the infection got into the area of the brain that deciphers that stuff and killed some cells. Speculating what could cause it is fun, but without actual research speculation is just an idea.

The person I talked to said that their response to texture of food got a lot stronger when the taste reception went away. Has that happened with you?

posted on Dec, 29 2022 @ 07:14 PM
link   
What are the symptoms of 5g?
Tell the long "COVID"sufferers to smoke tobacco

originally posted by: rickymouse

I just talked to someone about a week ago that I know when we were out at the store and the person said they have not been able to taste much or even shell much after they had the covid almost a year ago. I wonder how that could be fixed? Must be that either the taste and smell receptors got damaged or the nerves going to the brain...could also be the infection got into the area of the brain that deciphers that stuff and killed some cells. Speculating what could cause it is fun, but without actual research speculation is just an idea.

The person I talked to said that their response to texture of food got a lot stronger when the taste reception went away. Has that happened with you?

edit on 29-12-2022 by Nevercompromise because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2022 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nevercompromise

Are you implying the same thing as this scientific article implies? clinicaltrials.gov...

Yeah, the Biden administration is presently trying to reduce the nicotine in cigarettes...probably so the Pharma companies will have more nicotine to make medicines out of. I know which foods contain acetylcholine and I know of which foods and meds block acetylcholine. I also know alternate sources of nicotinic acid to fire up those same nicotine recptors and nicotinic acid supplements are out there to buy to treat some conditions. The niacin flush does occur with nicotinic acid supplements, so too big a supplement can cause some problems in people, but a smaller dose will work to fix deficiencies.

posted on Dec, 30 2022 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Yes.
And it is supposed to treat 5g exposure also that has the same symptoms as cv.
Makes you wonder why nicotine vape products got banned just months before cv19 broke out and 5g got turned on.
I suspect long COVID is long term 5g exposure.
The same symptoms

originally posted by: Nevercompromise

Are you implying the same thing as this scientific article implies? clinicaltrials.gov...

Yeah, the Biden administration is presently trying to reduce the nicotine in cigarettes...probably so the Pharma companies will have more nicotine to make medicines out of. I know which foods contain acetylcholine and I know of which foods and meds block acetylcholine. I also know alternate sources of nicotinic acid to fire up those same nicotine recptors and nicotinic acid supplements are out there to buy to treat some conditions. The niacin flush does occur with nicotinic acid supplements, so too big a supplement can cause some problems in people, but a smaller dose will work to fix deficiencies.

posted on Dec, 30 2022 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Nevercompromise
Rolling out two new environment factors at the same time.....one masking the other..... it's all rather convenient.

posted on Dec, 30 2022 @ 07:50 AM
link   

I had Covid last December then developed Parosmia........I smoke tobacco and I still have Parosmia.

posted on Dec, 30 2022 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Research your timelines on when they turned on 5g in Wuhan.
They went first.
They secretly turned on 5g full power in only a few locations worldwide AFTER that initial event.
5g operates on a frequency that our cells use to absorb water.
This would explain lung problems identified as symptoms of pneumonia.
There is lots of cover for 5g because of the military applications for drone swarms

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

I had Covid last December then developed Parosmia........I smoke tobacco and I still have Parosmia.

posted on Dec, 30 2022 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Because of how important it is for CBD/ to use different terpenes and flavonoids to deliver cannabinoids to either cb1 or cb2 receptors I suspect something similar with tobacco and terpenes and flavonoids.
My own personal assessment as to why it was so important for them to get rid of all the flavored vapes

Nicotine is important but so is how it is delivered to our bodies and brain just like cannabinoids.
I shop terpenes over % of THC when I shop.
The effects of terpenes far outweigh % of cannabinoids in potency and duration

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

posted on Dec, 30 2022 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem
a reply to: tamusan

I think "Long Covid" is caused by Covid vaccinations.

It's their excuse for the side effects and unexplained deaths.

If I'm wrong, I can accept that, but I haven't seen anything that shows I'm wrong, yet.

I'm as "anti-vaccine" as it gets, but there WERE reports of long-covid before the vaccine.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join