It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Long covid added to the list of Autoimmune Diseases at the Autoimmune Registry

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 11:01 PM
link   
The Autoimmune registry has added long covid to the list of autoimmune disorders. I am mainly sharing this link because it cites some good references pertaining to long covid and autoimmune disease that some may want to read.

Autoimmune Registry adds Long COVID to its List of Diseases

The Autoimmune Registry has determined that biomarkers of immune system activity similar to those seen in many autoimmune and autoinflammatory diseases justify the inclusion of Long COVID on its list of diseases. [1,2,3]

As many as 50% of people who contract COVID-19 develop the syndrome known as “Long COVID”, which appears to affect a person for months, possibly years.

edit on 27 12 2022 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Dang. Okay so if you're only got like Short or Medium COVID, just keep saying you've got the Long COVID, to get the most blind sympathy and loftiest perks.

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Interesting study on long covid

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Long covid aka vaxx injuries.

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Flatcoat
a reply to: godsovein

I expected some negative reactions. I'll just tell you right now that I am probably going to be making many more threads about this. Regardless of how you feel or think about this subject, there are many people who are experiencing what is currently being called long covid. Including some members of ATS or one of their loved ones. 
edit on 27 12 2022 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: v1rtu0s0

You probably don't want to hear it, and won't acknowledge it, but there are many people experiencing this who were not vaccinated.

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 11:52 PM
link   
It is hard to decipher Covid 19 from the virus SARS CoV2 infection in articles. In this article are they talking about long covid from the Covid 19 which is the improper immune response to the virus or the virus itself. Covid 19 is like Sepsis in actually, a proper response is just the SARS CoV2 viral infection. Yes, the improper response is bad, but most people do not have that that get the disease.

So does the fifty percent apply to the viral infection or to the "Covid 19" improper immune response? Some fields of immunology seem to use the proper way to distinguish things, so they do not mention the difference in conclusions because they are stating this to their peers, not those who are not trained as them to interpret things the way they do.

I know many people who have had covid and have not had it bad with no long covid symptoms and I only know a handful of people who have the long covid symptoms. I would say only about five percent of the people I know who have had covid have had long lasting symptoms lasting over a month total and most people just have the lingering occasionalcough after a couple of weeks getting over their illness and going back to work after the couple of weeks..

I must know a hundred people who I have talked to who have had the covid virus but the vast majority are better in a couple of weeks....then they catch something else from their kids at school this winter. Those schools seem to be virus factories this year, kids like to share I guess. It may be because the covid virus tends to drain immune system chemicals in people. Most people I know have had covid at least three times in the last two and a half years, it seems the immunity from getting it only lasts maybe a year but the disease is milder each time in them when they get it a year later. I am on my third time, and so is the wife, the first one sucked, that was the alpha. The delta was not nearly as bad, and the Omicron was like a cold.

With the omicron, we baby sit the great grandkids and the one in kindergarden gave that to us, along with two other viruses after that, one was just a cold, don't know what the other was. The bus driver said there are so many kids missing school on his route that the bus is half empty much of the time. Kids are coughing a lot he said too. He only missed driving for three days plus the weekend....he must have good immunity yet, I guess he has probably caught every virus in existence already in the last two years and already has immunity to them.

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Flatcoat

I've seen this video and disagree with some of his conclusions. What he said hasn't been said by doctors I've come across. Many people recover from long covid after 6 or 12 months, while new cases develop during that time frame after initial infection. The concern is the ongoing cases, not those that recover. His data showed people still suffered from long covid after 12 months, even though the cases decreased. He seems to wire these cases off.

While a the data is useful and comes from an interesting study, the way it's presented seems to lack an honest approach to the cases that do remain. I think it's another good data set but only tells part of the story. The story doesn't end here and the case isn't solved. Longterm effects from covid so exist and they can persist over a year past onset of symptoms.
edit on 28-12-2022 by InwardDiver because: better explanation of position

posted on Dec, 28 2022 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I agree with you. Most people I know who've had Covid do not have long-term effects. In fact, I'm one of two people I know who've symptoms after 6 months. The other person was in the hospital for two months while I had a moderate case. In the end, it's a perplexing situation. To say long covid doesn't exist is as much a fallacy to say it's abundant.

All this should be taken with a grain of salt because I don't go out there asking if others have long covid, so there may be more people I know that have it. Nor do I tell other people about my experience outside of the internet since I've been met with hostility or other negative reactions in the past.
edit on 28-12-2022 by InwardDiver because: further comment

posted on Dec, 28 2022 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

Even though I do not personally know more than five people that have long covid symptoms, there could be people in other areas that have way more of this. Most of the people I know are old and they tend to eat a diet that is pretty healthy and not much highly processed foods. The older ones that I know that eat a lot of junk food are already all messed up, they are on many meds and die from medical conditions they have had for years...covid or not...can't even tell if they got long covid added to the mix

posted on Dec, 28 2022 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan

You probably don't want to hear it, and won't acknowledge it, but there are many people experiencing this who were not vaccinated.

I'm sure covid triggered viral chronic fatigue syndrome which is what long covid is. But its both rare and what all the vaxx injuries will get covered up with.

posted on Dec, 28 2022 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

The disease they are referring to persists for many months after the virus has been fully cleared. There are several opinions as to what is happening, but none completely explains the various problems that people are reporting to their doctors. In my opinion, there are at least two different things going on. The first is the harm done to the body as a result of the infection, including damage from the improper immune response and clotting caused by the infection. The second is the ongoing harm that what is seemingly an autoimmune reaction is doing to the body. 

edit on 28 12 2022 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2022 @ 12:45 AM
link   

I'm sure covid triggered viral chronic fatigue syndrome which is what long covid is. But its both rare and what all the vaxx injuries will get covered up with.

I would have engaged you in a friendly discussion had you stopped with the first sentence, but you always lose my interest by having to throw in something about the vaccine.

posted on Dec, 28 2022 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Long COVID also known as hypochondria.
Some of the things these " long COVID sufferers" claim to be suffering from are pathetic,nothing but hypochondria used as a signal of their virtue as a COVID ' victim',mask wearer,lockdown loving,work from homer.

posted on Dec, 28 2022 @ 05:14 AM
link   
One thing I noticed when long Covid became a thing was how the symptoms mirrored those of all the people who claimed to have been vaccine injured. Many of them had never had covid, yet were plagued with the same symptoms.

Since vaccines are meant to cause your immune system to recognize a specific virus, I guess it makes sense that lasting damage from covid could be the same as that of the vaccination.

posted on Dec, 28 2022 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I bet the long covid symptoms are a side effect of taking the jabs, as covid infect everybody with jab or not jab, just like colds and flu do.

The agenda behind the jabs needs to find a way to cover up for the nasty side effects people are getting, to avoid mass law sues. , Social Security offices and disability offices will be very busy, people doing anything just to live out of the taxpayer without working.

You cannot sue covid, but you can sue the jab makers.

posted on Dec, 28 2022 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

One thing I noticed when long Covid became a thing was how the symptoms mirrored those of all the people who claimed to have been vaccine injured.

Long covid became a thing long before the vax was rolled out.

a reply to: glen200376

Long COVID also known as hypochondria.

a reply to: marg6043

The agenda behind the jabs needs to find a way to cover up for the nasty side effects people are getting, to avoid mass law sues.

Believe me when I say that I was perfectly content not to post about this given how it is frequently received here. That is, until someone on this board for whom I have a great deal of respect and admiration approached me with questions about long covid. Now you are just going to have to deal with me making a lot of threads about it.

I did star all of your posts. I do that for anyone who posts something to one of my threads, whether I agree with what they say or not.
edit on 28 12 2022 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2022 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Long Branch Covidian Syndrome

posted on Dec, 28 2022 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan

I would have engaged you in a friendly discussion had you stopped with the first sentence, but you always lose my interest by having to throw in something about the vaccine.

What is it not friendly now?

It's very relevant since it will be an umbrella catch all for everything like the millions of vaxx injuries, so trying to help the small group of people that have real chronic fatigue syndrome that was triggered by covid will be useless. Also pretty much any virus can trigger it, so it's not long covid but simply chronic fatigue syndrome.

posted on Dec, 28 2022 @ 11:35 AM
link   

It's not that I won't try to be friendly with you, but that I am less inclined to enter into a discussion. I won't deny that the vaccine has caused some adverse effects. I just see it as one of many other correlating factors that can be associated with the steep increase in illnesses. It is not specifically that you are blaming the vaccine for everything that bugs me, but more that you are hyperfocused on it and not looking at any of the bigger picture.

I also agree that other viruses have been shown to cause these kinds of problems. The difference here is the scale that it is happening on. 

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join