It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pole Shift for Real? My Observations.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Greeting and Happy Holidays ATS!

So like everybody else, I was always told that the sun rises in the east and sets in the west. What I noticed the other day while travelling to be with family was just a bit different...

Thanks to a known issue with my Jeep the sun visor on the driver's side becomes unhinged. Because of this I either have to wear shades or pay attention to where the sun is (so I'm not blinded). It was the latter this day and I'm travelling south on the highway according to the compass on the dashboard. I was thinking that the sun at this time in the afternoon should be further off to my right hand side...but it was not. It was closer to 45 degrees off center.

I come around a bend in the road and now I'm heading Southwest. Now the sun is directly in my eyes. Another bend in the road and I'm heading west...the sun is 45 degrees off center to my left. This is roughly an hour or so before sunset so the sun is low enough in the sky to see it's position.

So based off this little observation the sun actually sets in the Southwest? Has anyone else noticed anything similar? Or do I need to take my vehicle in for service? Lol, anyway there's a few posts about here saying that magnetic north is now actually above Siberia. There was another predicting the impending pole flip would occur around March (so not much longer to wait). Maybe I'm just crazy but I just thought I would share my little observation here.

Wishing everyone a happy, healthy and disaster free New Year.

Roma

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 12:55 PM
link   
It's called the winter solstice bro.
What's up with your Jeep?

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: RomaSempre

I have lived in my home for 25+ years, and watch the sun come up nearly every day in relation to my neighbor's tall oak tree.

I began to notice a significant shift back in 2011, and posted my observation here-only to be ridiculed.

The earth speaks to us, but too few nowadays have the ears to hear what She's saying.

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

I doubt people "ridiculed" you here for that.
Quit being so dramatic...jesus

Look up the winter solstice and axial tilt.
The sun has NEVER been in
the same place throughout the seasons.

Try your observations while noting exact dates for comparison.
I'm suggesting people are trying to locate/observing the suns location during different seasons/tilt angles, so it seems to be in different locations...since it literally is. Try marking a date a year out and see the comparison.

edit on 12 by Mandroid7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Those built in compasses on new cars suck, I sure wouldn't trust one to find my way around. They do register North when you are within fifteen degrees any way of north anyway. I do not know why they are so far off. I used to have the one that mounted to the mirror on my cars and that was not digital and it matched my compass. The declination here is not far off of true north , even with the movement of the magnetic pole, it still does register pretty close. It probably makes a difference when you head out to Cali or west coast, and of course, the declination is all messed up near the Montana and that volcano area in that area.

It does seem that North has changed a little according to my real compass here, I am not sure if that is a declination alteration but it spins in circles in the back yard so it may just be on this property because of it's geomagnetic properties. I remember going deer hunting and the compass pointed to a hill as north no matter what way you went off the hill and it spun around on top of the hill. Must have been some sort of crystal or mineral deposit in that hill. I live in the U.P of Michigan and I was taught from young how this can happen with all the ore bodies around here.

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
It's called the winter solstice bro.
What's up with your Jeep?

Right, I'm no geologist and no alcohol had been consumed at the time of this observation or the time of this post.

I assumed that because of the solstice sunset would be earlier and not affect the direction. Also, I'm not sure how planetary tilt would play into it? I do know that if magnetic north had been skewed then that would affect my compass.

I have a 2020 Jeep Wrangler and one of the most common issues is that the bracket which connects your sun visor into the frame of the windshield breaks. The visor will occasionally drop and only be supported by the clip on the other side. It's a warranty item and I have an oil change due soon so I'll just take it up to the dealership and have them do both.

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

It's pretty interesting stuff really, they have already had to rename some runways since they go off of magnetic coordinates.

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Do you always comment on topics you know nothing about, or are you just feeling exceptionally contrary today?

I have, and thus my comments.

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
a reply to: Mandroid7

Do you always comment on topics you know nothing about, or are you just feeling exceptionally contrary today?

I have, and thus my comments.

He has demonstrated a knowledge of earth mechanics you apparently lack. The Earth has not suddenly gone whacky because you made some errant observations. Next you'll be claiming the earth is flat and we never went to the moon. THAT is why no one takes ATS seriously.

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 02:12 PM
link   
If you live in the northern hemisphere then it always goes down in the southwest.
Think about how the equator gets more sun than other parts of the world. So the sun is usually closer to the equator, so in the northern hemisphere the sun sets south and west.

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Next you'll be claiming the earth is flat and we never went to the moon.

Thanks for the observation. People with tunnel vision always seem to be so judgmental of others to the point of being downright snarky and insulting. Not everybody has to wait until science corrects itself to update what they're willing to believe.

What a boring world this would be if everyone shared our beliefs, no? Well,, non-progressives might find it so.

Dogpile time!
Anyone else want to jump in to insult and ridicule me(which NEVER happens)?

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Dogpile time!

Please read this in the nice little old lady's voice so you don't feel you are being insulted.

If you do some science based observations, you may find that different times of the year, the sun appears in different spots relative to your position. (in reality, the sun stays where it is, and we move a bit) But it's a real thing, and not something new. The way the earth wobbles consistently is fascinating. Hope you have a super day.

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 03:43 PM
link   

It has been mentioned that the Sun rises and sets in different places at different times of the year when observed from the same location.

Please read this for more information. griffithobservatory.org...

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Erm, there are multiple thousands of amateur astronomers around the world that would have noticed this if there is something to notice.

Sun is still shining through all my windows at the time of year I expect it to shine through them, that's all I know.

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Yes, this is the way things normally happen. The Earth's axial tilt (rotational north) means that the sun not only rises at progressively different times throughout the year but also takes a different path across the sky.

Here's a good website about it

If you prefer a video, try this short one

Also, rotational north and magnetic north are two different things
edit on 27-12-2022 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Dogpile time!

Please read this in the nice little old lady's voice so you don't feel you are being insulted.

If you do some science based observations, you may find that different times of the year, the sun appears in different spots relative to your position. (in reality, the sun stays where it is, and we move a bit) But it's a real thing, and not something new. The way the earth wobbles consistently is fascinating. Hope you have a super day.

Thank you for your politeness! It's much appreciated!

I have watched the sunrise from my porch for many years as I drink my morning coffee. I noticed back in early June 2011 that it didn't seem to be as far left of my neighbor's tall oak tree, and through the years it has continued to #; it now rises in the center of the oak tree in early June.

I have no explanation for the change; I just know from my own observation that it has. Maybe the old oak tree moved?

I don't care if people believe me or think I'm full of snip; that still doesn't give them the right to insult me because I have a different life experience than them.

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 05:13 PM
link   

You know the story here. Pics or it didn't happen. Do some documentation. prove your theory. Get all scienced up in here.
Or not, just offering an idea.

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 06:53 PM
link   

someones prophecy said:
the northern hemisphere will see the southern stars..
so maybe not just a magnetic pole flip.. but physical too

and the bible says there will be an earthquake
unlike any there ever was, or ever will be EVER AGAIN.
mountains will crumble, and islands will flee.. killing EVERYONE..

and muslim? prophecy says the sun shall rise in the west.
and one more about 3 days of darkness..

now, if... IF the sun rises in the WEST,, first the
earth must stop rotating... but the oceans will keep going
wiping out everything on earth, and again when spinning west to east
maybe it stops for 3 days causing half the earth to be dark..
but the other half to bake in the sun for 3 days straight

the earths magnet field is spinning like a wild dynamo,
spinning like one of them astronaught/fighter pilot training chairs
inside the 3 spinning rings.. spinning in all directions,,
and at some point it stops AND REVERSES..

or maybe an asteroid strike in 2036 could change earths direction,
or all the bombs from nuclear war, or even H.A.A.R.P...
or the pull from planet x that comes around every 3114 years
from sumeriam prophecy..

or "the star that falls to earth with the key to the bottomless pit"-revelations
maybe a russian hypersonic nuclear missile will hit YELLOWSTONE

i will try to remember some more
edit on 2022-12-27T19:01:02-06:00pmpp01America/Chicago by cappie because: add sentence

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Same here. I've lived in this house for 22 years. I have tropical plants on my north deck every summer. 22 years ago, the sun would hit the deck for 2 hours a day. Last summer it was 4 hours a day - enough sun to grow tomatoes.

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

You know the story here. Pics or it didn't happen. Do some documentation. prove your theory. Get all scienced up in here.
Or not, just offering an idea.

I'm not a science-y person and only shared my personal observation. It's fine with me if Bullxam and I the only people on the planet that have noticed a change.

edit on 200000099America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: sp

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join