It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden admin pushed to bar Twitter users for COVID ‘disinformation,’ files show

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 07:48 AM
link   

The Biden White House pressured Twitter to both “elevate” and “suppress” users based on their stances on COVID-19 — ultimately “censoring info that was true but inconvenient” to policy makers, according to the latest edition of the “Twitter files” revealed Monday.

The coercion campaign during the pandemic began with the Trump administration — which asked Twitter to crack down on stories about panic buying and “runs on grocery stores” in the early days of the outbreak — but was stepped up under Biden, whose administration was focused on the removal of “anti-vaxxer accounts,” according to The Free Press reporter David Zweig.

Biden admin pushed to bar Twitter users for COVID ‘disinformation,’ files show

Twitter under the old regime not only engaged in massive censorship of accounts that didn't peddle the official narratives but was deliberately suppressing the truth.

Accounts have been suspended or permanently banned for no reason other than asking critical questions and providing opinions & evidence as well as expert opinions on the way the pandemic was handled, the effectiveness of lockdowns, and the safety and effectiveness of the Covid vaccines.

The platform tried to discredit experts and assassinate their characters as well as suspend and/or ban the accounts of ordinary users who were very skeptical and very critical of the way the pandemic was handled.

The story features former New York Times reporter and noted vaccine doubter Alex Berenson who was suspended from the site and was ultimately banned after voicing very legitimate concerns about whether the vaccines stop transmission and infection and the serious side effects they could cause, hours after Biden publicly raged that social media companies were “killing people” for allowing purported vaccine misinformation to propagate.

Berenson responded by suing Twitter, forcing the release of internal communications that showed the White House had pressured the company to squash his account!!!

He was reinstated on twitter under the old regime after the platform admitted he shouldn't have been banned under their ludicrous Covid Misinformation Policy. I wonder how many others would have been reinstated had they sued the platform on similar grounds. His account was banned for 11 months.

In a Slack message from April 2021, an unidentified Twitter employee said the adminstration “had one really tough question about why Alex Berenson hasn’t been kicked off from the platform

As recently as this month, Lauren Culbertson, Twitter’s head of US public policy, had detailed the White House’s pressure campaign in a series of meetings, according to Zweig.

Culbertson said in her notes that the Biden administration was “very angry” that Twitter had not taken more aggressive action in silencing vaccine critics and wanted the company to do more, files showed

Recently twitter hinted that it will reinstate tens of thousands of accounts that have been banned under the old regime that suppressed the truth via their absurd Covid Misinformation Policy and the other absurd policies that resulted in the curtailing of free speech by twitter employees, bots, and the various politicians and their cronies.

Recently the accounts of Dr Peter McCullough, Dr R Malone, Jordan Peterson, and many others, have been reinstated.

In my opinion lawsuits must follow against all other platforms that censored free speech and deliberately suppressed the truth. In addition the house of cards has fallen and there must be criminal investigations in the way the pandemic was handled and legal proceedings against those who supported and promoted one of the greatest medical scandals in history, if not the greatest.

Let the party begin!!!

edit on 27-12-2022 by Asmodeus3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Asmodeus3

Isn't there a law against this 'Ministry of Truth" thing? You know, the Constitution.

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge

Isn't there a law against this 'Ministry of Truth" thing? You know, the Constitution.

There are many laws broken by them but you must have the support of some decent politicians, lawmakers, and lawyers, to get your case through. It's for the benefit of society that the 'ministry of truth' is dismantled and its members are indicted. Some decent media and social platforms could help a lot...

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Too many people in power right now, who swore an oath to protect the constitution, have spent most of their time breaking it. They get away with it because the loudest platform, the media, supports what they're doing and never call them out for it.

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I’m waiting for the “it’s okay because it was happening to the other side and not my side…” crowd to jump in and explain why this okay. This is alarming and quite frightening to be honest.
edit on 27-12-2022 by ManSizedSquirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManSizedSquirrel
I’m waiting for the “it’s okay because it was happening to the other side and not my side…” crowd to jump in and explain why this okay. This is alarming and quite frightening to be honest.

There are some of what we call censorship apologists just like they are vaccine apologists, not only on this platform but everywhere. Although there are no excuses as we all know.

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Too many people in power right now, who swore an oath to protect the constitution, have spent most of their time breaking it. They get away with it because the loudest platform, the media, supports what they're doing and never call them out for it.

That will change.
You can't be powerful forever.

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Government censorship by the Biden administration to push an experimental drug on a trusting public is sick.
As are you who OPENLY AND VOCALLY supported such.

Own it

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 10:00 AM
link   

I think twitter also acted in election interference during 2020 elections by limiting speech , or sabotage free information flow .....

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Government censorship by the Biden administration to push an experimental drug on a trusting public is sick.
As are you who OPENLY AND VOCALLY supported such.

Own it

Well said!!

And it's one thing to be scared or concerned or even pressured and coerced and decide to get injected with this experimental product and another thing completely to support the campaign of disinformation & propaganda or even to promote the lies, exaggerations, and half truths.

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Not really, we live in the US of China now, so no more rights.

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 10:35 AM
link   
What these clowns don't realize is that when the system collapses, the collapse with it.

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 10:39 AM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Last December he filed a federal lawsuit against the social media platform claiming his first amendment rights had been violated

In the lawsuit filed in District Court for Northern California, Berenson sought to be reinstated to Twitter and requested unspecified monetary damages over his ban which which began last August.

The parties have come to a mutually acceptable resolution. I have been reinstated. Twitter has acknowledged that my tweets should have not led to my suspension at that time,' Berenson wrote on his Substack page earlier this week.

'Twitter banned me after I got five strikes under its Covid-19 misinformation policy. Which meant I'd supposedly made 'claims of fact' that were 'demonstrably false or misleading' and 'likely to impact public safety or cause serious harm'. Now we come to find those tweets 'should not have led to my suspension'?' he wrote.

Not only Alex Berenson was reinstated on twitter but he was also awarded a compensation because he was 'wrongly' banned from the platform.

I hope everyone acts accordingly as there are several other platform that used the same tactics to censor free speech and deliberately suppress the truth.

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 10:40 AM
link   
The glaring problem here is, there is zero accountability at the top; embracing corruption to spite your adversaries seems to be basic human nature. It's the same thing for cherry-picked "peer reviewed" information. (Consensus is NOT science.)

Bottom line - gather ye rosebuds, while ye may!

The case against science is straightforward: much of the scientific literature, perhaps half, may simply be untrue. Afflicted by studies with small sample sizes, tiny effects, invalid exploratory analyses, and flagrant conflicts of interest, together with an obsession for pursuing fashionable trends of dubious importance, science has taken a turn towards darkness. -Richard Horton

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: v1rtu0s0
What these clowns don't realize is that when the system collapses, the collapse with it.

Take a look a few posts back and the link from the mail.

I summarised it as

Not only Alex Berenson was reinstated on twitter but he was also awarded a compensation because he was 'wrongly' banned from the platform

I hope everyone acts accordingly as there are several other platform that used the same tactics to censor free speech and deliberately suppress the truth.

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 11:33 AM
link   
nypost.com...

Among those users whom Twitter did clamp down on was Dr. Martin Kulldorff, an epidemiologist at Harvard Medical School who tweeted in March 2021 that people “with prior natural infection do not need” the COVID-19 vaccine, “[n]or [do] children

Kulldorff’s tweet was flagged by the site as “misleading” — even though it was in line with the vaccine policies of “numerous other countries,” Zweig wrote

There is a 'new guidance' in immunology and infectious diseases that advises individual to get vaccinated after having been infected and not before getting infected as it is usually the case.

I can't remember learning this in science before. I may have missed a few crucial chapters as it seems...

Even Dr Kulldorff was confused as it seems.

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: NormalGuyCrazyWorld
The glaring problem here is, there is zero accountability at the top; embracing corruption to spite your adversaries seems to be basic human nature. It's the same thing for cherry-picked "peer reviewed" information. (Consensus is NOT science.)

Bottom line - gather ye rosebuds, while ye may!

The case against science is straightforward: much of the scientific literature, perhaps half, may simply be untrue. Afflicted by studies with small sample sizes, tiny effects, invalid exploratory analyses, and flagrant conflicts of interest, together with an obsession for pursuing fashionable trends of dubious importance, science has taken a turn towards darkness. -Richard Horton

They seem to be having zero accountability. But all you need is a critical mass and a some good poliricians, lawmakers, and lawyers, on your side.

The biomedical sciences are certainly the most corrupt as they are often funded by the Pharmaceuticals and by Government agencies and organizations.

I'm terms of the peer-reviewed literature, yes it is also corrupted with garbage.

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 04:22 PM
link   
nypost.com...

When former President Donald Trump told his followers in October 2020 that he was “Feeling really good!” after undergoing COVID-19 treatment at Walter Reed Medical Center — and urged his supporters not to be afraid of the virus or let it “dominate your life,” former FBI general counsel turned Twitter honcho James Baker asked the company’s then-watchdog why the message wasn’t flagged.

“Why isn’t this POTUS tweet a violation of our COVID-19 policy? (Especially the ‘Don’t be afraid of Covid’ statement),” Baker, then Twitter’s deputy general counsel asked then-Head of Safety and Trust Yoel Roth and top legal executive Stacia Cardille.

Roth – who quit last month amid Elon Musk’s November takeover – replied to Baker that optimism was not misinformation.

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Biden was the one fostering the most blatant lies supporting his unconstitutional mandate, and the biggest liar about the 'vaccines' and how great they were/are, even after it was proven they didn't lessen symptoms or stop infection, and then came the Twitter bans when people vocalized these things, so it is no surprise that Biden was behind it.

But all of this was quite obvious from the get go what was happening.

When you think about what Biden has done, and been the front man for, then think about the obscene levels of hatred that thing must have for Americans, it is truly a shocking thing to look back on.
edit on 27-12-2022 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: edit

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
Biden was the one fostering the most blatant lies supporting his unconstitutional mandate, and the biggest liar about the 'vaccines' and how great they were/are, even after it was proven they didn't lessen symptoms or stop infection, and then came the Twitter bans when people vocalized these things, so it is no surprise that Biden was behind it.

But all of this was quite obvious from the get go what was happening.

You won't get Covid if you get that vaccines.
I think everyone remembers his words.

He clearly doesn't understand what is going on but they have invested in the promotion and use of these products.

It seems his administration is behind a lot of the censorship that was going on in the major platforms such as twitter.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join