It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Christmas Really comes from?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2022 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Hands off. It's so obviously toxic and demonic. How can people expose their kids to this evil is beyond me.
Little do they know I guess. Following video goes into Germanic roots and all the way to the fish god Dagon.

posted on Dec, 26 2022 @ 03:39 AM
link   
there is no fkn devil
only in the mind of weird imagination

posted on Dec, 26 2022 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: PapagiorgioCZ

Trippin trough the longest night on Amanita muscaria, that's more or less the gist of where Christmas comes from....

posted on Dec, 26 2022 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

Unfortunately not. The red robe of Nicolas (who was made up by the church) is coincidentally similar to Amanita.
The character goes... eh, why do I bother. 😃

posted on Dec, 26 2022 @ 04:35 AM
link   

No doubt, every culture tried to put their spin on it...

posted on Dec, 26 2022 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Merry Saturnalia, you Grinch.

posted on Dec, 26 2022 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Whatever the case its not a religious festival anymore unless you worship the god of money and spending.

posted on Dec, 26 2022 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Christmas was brought to us by Coke and Macey's

posted on Dec, 26 2022 @ 07:36 AM
link   
twitter.com... And also...

posted on Dec, 26 2022 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: bluemooone2

Certainly black friday was, they had Thanksgiving moved to facilitate the shopping frenzy. Has nothing to do w the fall harvest now.

posted on Dec, 26 2022 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: bluemooone2

Thanks for posting this. I've been watching a bunch of utube shorts...some really wild stuff happening out there. In one of them, Kanye West said that when Beyonce was signed, as a very young talent, she was told she could not sing about Christ. I'm guessing that's one if the many things "agents" make talent agree to in order to become famous.

posted on Dec, 26 2022 @ 08:24 AM
link   
So, the Christians take over a pagen holiday as their own. They then procede to complain of it's pagen origins.

Don't you dare go wassailing.

Edit:

Such sacrilidge from that singer.

Wassailing: the pagen religious practice of rubbing the crotch of a fruit tree with an evergreen branch to promote fertility for the coming year.

See also Easter, and every other "holiday".

Dressing up to go to church is pagen. Having a tall building to meet in is pagen. Having one person in charge of the church is pagen. Meeting on one day of the week is pagen.

It seems Christian practices are mostly pagen.

The organized church is not as intended.

edit on 12 26 2022 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2022 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Lol yea if you go back far enough almost everything can be attributed to X Y Z pagen ritual…. Almost like the peoples rituals evolve with the culture and change over time to be more representative of their current beliefs.

So once you finally stop clutching your pearls maybe enlighten us to what you do instead? Nothing perhaps? Sounds lame.

posted on Dec, 26 2022 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Im going to watch the video but first Im going to take a stab at it..then Ill come back and eat crow should it be required…

A long time ago the earliest what I would call Pagans existed, primitive, intelligent, yet superstitious people, and at some point a tree provided them with something unexplainable..
Maybe like One day during that time with these people there was a hunter, his family was hungry. They lived in their hut/lodge whatever, and they were starving.

Anyway the hunter near starvation himself, picking up every nut, edible twig he could scrape..and realizing his family would surely die because the sun was going down..looks up before tears into the dusk to see a yearling fawn, spots almost all faded..he draws his bow blinks at the wrong time , bad shot, but in the lane of the bad shot is a single persimmon sapling, the arrow hits the sapling and finds the fawn..The hunter is so grateful that his family would now live, overcome with joy and gratitude he decided to take the tree home to help tell his children how the tree had saved them..and they gave it character and praise in ignorance, harmless ignorance…maybe not ignorance, maybe just simple..

After all what are these things we peck at? and how we do it.
edit on 26-12-2022 by didntasktobeborned because: add to edit

posted on Dec, 26 2022 @ 10:17 AM
link   
If the Magic Christmas gives me statutory holiday pay out of the kindness of the Corporate Machine bleeding heart, I ain’t going to care, an praise our Lord an Violent Saviour, like Tiny Tim.
edit on 26-12-2022 by Proto88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2022 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

Nothing really. I enjoy the solstice without any BS. I certainly have nothing in common with people impersonating Odin with his 8 black elves taking kids. If you are required to participate by some church it's not Christianity. When everyone else is doing something...I'm usually not.

posted on Dec, 26 2022 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Oh, gee.... it's the Christmas season and people are bashing Christianity. Again. I didn't see that coming.

posted on Dec, 26 2022 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: PapagiorgioCZ
a reply to: Terpene

Unfortunately not. The red robe of Nicolas (who was made up by the church) is coincidentally similar to Amanita.
The character goes... eh, why do I bother. 😃

I thought the red robe was a CocaCola marketing thing...

posted on Dec, 26 2022 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

Merry Saturnalia, you Grinch.

Saturnalia is from the 17th Dec to 23 Dec.

posted on Dec, 26 2022 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Sort of.. That's Krampus. But also German storytelling is on average more twisted and ends in children being eating or something.

Germans: Even their theoretical physics thought experiments involve torturing animals.

Joking aside. ..

Christmas is interesting and it's root is pagan, but WAY earlier than Krampus. That's where Santa comes from.

The overall idea of gift giving, role reversals, feasts, and seasonal winter theme came through Saturnalia, which itself came from Solstice related pagan traditions surrounding Yule.

By the 4th Century CE Constantine had already superseded Saturnalia by taking EVERYTHING BUT SATURN and reapplying is to Jesus on the other side of the winter solstice. Christmas as a Jesus celebration is over 1700 years old. People had already swapped out Saturn in a cult way but Constantine converted and made it official.

Before that a late Roman Emporer tried to take back the celebrations around the 25th with Sol Invictus but by that time the singular god idea and eternal salvation killed peoples give-a-f*** about the planets or sun.

The main festivals of Christmas follow a pagan -> Roman State Polytheism -> Roman (Byzantine) State Christianity -> Coca Cola -> Amazon trajectory.

The basis of the holiday has always been feasting, charity, and good will, the icon it's all for is about the only thing (non modern consumer related) that changed.
edit on 26-12-2022 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join