It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bad news Japan logs more than 175,000 new COVID cases nationwide, 18,731 in Tokyo

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2022 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Hey guys, sorry to trouble you all on Christmas Eve but sadly the news is hitting home with me personally after 3 years. Although here there seems to be a mild case of the China virus of its health effects, it is now hitting hard, I mean really hard. It's the businesses that can not have worker come to work will hit its toll very soon.

Today Japan time 12-24-2022

Japan's health ministry confirmed 177,622 new cases of the coronavirus nationwide on Saturday. It says 339 people infected with the virus died on the day in Japan.

A total of 530 people are reported to be in serious condition, down 6 from Friday.

The ministry also reported 18,731 new cases in Tokyo on Saturday, up 1,711 from a week ago. That marks the 19th consecutive day of week-on-week increases.

posted on Dec, 24 2022 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Very low mortality, which is good, but I still worry about the lasting effects even for mild cases.

I didn't die, but I certainly don't want it again! It only lasted a few days, but I felt TERRIBLE!

posted on Dec, 24 2022 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

We need to remember all again. The cases dont mean much anything, it's just number they got from testing. Someone without any symptoms can get positive result and is still presented as cases.

And need to know about the normal amount of dying in Japan normally.

A person dies approximately every 23.77 seconds
Number of deaths per year: 1,326,683
Number of deaths per day: 3,635
Number of deaths per hour: 151

source

I dont know how reliable that source is ?

edit on 24-12-2022 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2022 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Japan's totals just don't look that scary, especially in an 82% vaccinated society

maybe Ive become desensitized but a death rate of .21 per 100,000 isn't scary at all the US was pumping through 331 people per 100,000 cumulatively.

edit on 24-12-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2022 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I think here we think of village living. Which may be hard to understand in the States. Every lose here means a vacant rice paddy and 2 or more die in the village the rice paddies lie vacant to tree growth. The old age here is over 32% I think of those of child bearing age. It is bad. But thanks for posting. This is an lsland.

posted on Dec, 24 2022 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
I think here we think of village living. Which may be hard to understand in the States. Every lose here means a vacant rice paddy and 2 or more die in the village the rice paddies lie vacant to tree growth. The old age here is over 32% I think of those of child bearing age. It is bad. But thanks for posting. This is an lsland.

Of course it's more impactive in smaller populations where everyone is more connected. But the fact remains, the death tolls are still low. And with a 32% senior population, those people are a higher risk and much more vulnerable to all illness and injury. It is what it is. There will definitely be some fallout but as communities, we need to march on and do the best we can. Take care of those in need and love each other. That's what we're here for.

posted on Dec, 24 2022 @ 01:00 PM
link   

MIM LOL I know Japan is a series of islands, statistics are statistics .21 deaths per 100,000 cases is nothing. For the record population density of Japan is 334 persons per km the US 33 persons per km.

I'm fully aware this is an increase for 82% vaccinated Japan, here in 61% vaxxed Georgia we have had 3 waves with deaths of over 100 persons a day, that's in a population of 11 million total and that's still a small total when the majority are 60 or older.

Who knows why Japan is spiking now, perhaps it's because they have been relatively untouched compare to other parts of the world, or perhaps this strain just now really effects "island people". Regardless the lethality is not compared to earlier waves elsewhere.

Also FWIW some medical scientists hypothesized COVID would take its time going through the population, Id imagines Japan has done so well because of an excellent healthcare system and the public's willingness to get vaccinated and isolate but now 3 years into it, it was bound to catch up.

posted on Dec, 24 2022 @ 01:05 PM
link   

If Covid-19 was treated by society like the Flu, over 150,000 with sniffles and pains wouldn't be newsworthy. Just an annual tradition. Which is probably what it will become in another 2 years. The big danger is the Covid-19 Vaccine's potential for generating serious illnesses.

posted on Dec, 24 2022 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Appears to be similar to what we experienced in the UK with the Omicron variant. Very contagious but very weak. Big case numbers, low deaths. And it's important to remember, the only numbers that count are the latter.

The Omicron was the end of the pandemic for us.

So if you're facing a situation like that (which it sounds like you are), it could well be a positive thing.

Hey guys, sorry to trouble you all on Christmas Eve but sadly the news is hitting home with me personally after 3 years. Although here there seems to be a mild case of the China virus of its health effects, it is now hitting hard, I mean really hard. It's the businesses that can not have worker come to work will hit its toll very soon.

Today Japan time 12-24-2022

Japan's health ministry confirmed 177,622 new cases of the coronavirus nationwide on Saturday. It says 339 people infected with the virus died on the day in Japan.

A total of 530 people are reported to be in serious condition, down 6 from Friday.

The ministry also reported 18,731 new cases in Tokyo on Saturday, up 1,711 from a week ago. That marks the 19th consecutive day of week-on-week increases.

edit on 24-12-2022 by Motorhead because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2022 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Motorhead
Big case numbers, low deaths. And it's important to remember, the only numbers that count are the latter.

No. I only personally know 2 people who died from covid, but I know several who have some pretty severe lingering complications 1 or 2 years after their infection. One permanently disabled, my sister.

posted on Dec, 24 2022 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I thought you were smarter than this.

IT's been almost 3 years, I'll say ad nauseum, who cares about 'cases' based on a faulty test and manipulated in the news for fear factor.

The only thing that really matters is the amount of people dying from this new cold.

posted on Dec, 24 2022 @ 06:59 PM
link   

the Omicron variant.

still makes me lol.

i'm sure the dark winter will happen soon.

posted on Dec, 24 2022 @ 07:05 PM
link   

I fail to see this as bad news!

It's in Japan...we have way worse numbers here in the U.S. according to statistics from wherever they make these numbers up!

Hold on though...the vaccinated people are going to start dropping like flies in a few years!

posted on Dec, 24 2022 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
The only thing that really matters is the amount of people dying from this new cold.

I'm 42 and I've had a lot of colds. I finally caught the rona back in July, and I have never felt more sh1tty in my life. It's not a cold.

The hillbillies minimizing it, and calling it a cold or flu, are why it got as bad as it got.

posted on Dec, 24 2022 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
Very low mortality, which is good, but I still worry about the lasting effects even for mild cases.

I didn't die, but I certainly don't want it again! It only lasted a few days, but I felt TERRIBLE!

Apparently some parts of China are (again) currently being overwhelmed with infections, and hospitals are filling up (again). Twitter

I had a very mild case back in Jan. 2022, luckily I was boosted the previous month. Others I know (unvaxxed) had very bad cases.

posted on Dec, 24 2022 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: SirHardHarry
I had a very mild case back in Jan. 2022, luckily I was boosted the previous month. Others I know (unvaxxed) had very bad cases.

Same. I got the first 2 shots, but no booster. I started a pandemic at work and while it knocked me on my ass for a few days, the boosted folk were way better off. My "pandemic" was 3 other people, all boosted, and they felt good enough to work. I did not, and I'm that guy who never misses work.

posted on Dec, 24 2022 @ 10:11 PM
link   

I'm 42 and I've had a lot of colds. I finally caught the rona back in July, and I have never felt more sh1tty in my life. It's not a cold.

The hillbillies minimizing it, and calling it a cold or flu, are why it got as bad as it got.

Did you get vacced? I'm 62 and vacced and my COVID was 2 days and I was feeling better. My team that more than 1/2 did not get vacced had COVID for up to two weeks and said it was the worst thing they have ever had. I'm not the only one in my situation as EVERYONE I know vacced had it a few days at best.

Pure antidotal I know, but I bet there is some truth to it all.

posted on Dec, 24 2022 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Did you get vacced? I'm 62 and vacced and my COVID was 2 days and I was feeling better. My team that more than 1/2 did not get vacced had COVID for up to two weeks and said it was the worst thing they have ever had. I'm not the only one in my situation as EVERYONE I know vacced had it a few days at best.

Pure antidotal I know, but I bet there is some truth to it all.

Oh good...the vaccine works (sort of, some of the time, except when it doesn't)!!! LMFAO

posted on Dec, 25 2022 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: jerryznv

Oh good...the vaccine works (sort of, some of the time, except when it doesn't)!!! LMFAO

Its the same simple concept as always. Tigger your immune system first so when you get it then its not near as bad that can for some be real bad. Since there are like 30 vaccines for COVID now you have your pick of what type, or is it just all of it in general you dislike.

posted on Dec, 25 2022 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: jerryznv

Its the same simple concept as always. Tigger your immune system first so when you get it then its not near as bad that can for some be real bad. Since there are like 30 vaccines for COVID now you have your pick of what type, or is it just all of it in general you dislike.

Same as always...that's hilarious!

I dislike them all in general seeing as I don't know what they are...either do you...obviously!

Vaccines don't work that way...but you knew that...

Vaccines differ from other medical drugs in two important ways. The first is that they are designed to prevent disease, rather than treat it. They do this by priming a person’s immune system to recognise a specific disease-causing bacteria, virus or other pathogen. This “memory” can last years, or in some cases for life, which is why vaccination can be so effective, stopping people from getting sick rather than waiting until disease occurs.

How vaccines work instead of how I think they work!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join