It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two People Killed And Four More Injured In Horror Paris Shooting

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2022 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I don't think licenses and safety checks are a bad thing where firearm ownership is concerned given what can happen when the wrong sorts of people go on the rampage aka lunatics with an axe to grind and agenda to satisfy.

I guess you can look at it from the point of view that the crazy bastards spoil it for everyone else or at least other firearms enthusiasts.

But take away the checks and balances already in place to retard crazy people and known criminals from owning guns and it's apt to only make things worse by my guess.

Now where France is concerned their main problem seems to be the number of illegal weapons in circulation and the ease at which one can be procured and not so much the gun laws they already have in place.

I can't speak for the US but where I hail from most farmers in rural areas will own a shotgun for the purpose of destroying vermin and is indeed just another tool, still require a license all the same for some very obvious reasoning.

posted on Dec, 26 2022 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

That happens when a group of people looks at the other groups and thinks they are "different" and remain isolated from the rest.

When people from all groups treat everyone else the same way, people see that we are the same, only with a few sociological differences.

If, for example, two French men from old French families but with different favourite soccer clubs can live in (relative) harmony with each other, so can one of those two French men and another man from, for example, Kurdistan.

posted on Dec, 26 2022 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Begs the question -- if that is true, then why couldn't the man from Kurdistan just culturally immerse & assimilate himself instead?

If anyone watches Jack Ryan, remember the French police chief? Said something to Jack along the lines of, "in France, you are either French, or you are not. There is no in between."
That character conversation touched on why one could be French-American in the US, for example, but never the reverse -- American- French do not exist there.

This is a cultural identity point that even the Swiss do, but only the French still get mauled over.

If native culture is genuinely worth preserving globally, then it's time to buckle down & prove it via the old When In Rome, Do As The Romans route. Even in France

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Begs the question -- if that is true, then why couldn't the man from Kurdistan just culturally immerse & assimilate himself instead?

From my personal point of view, assimilation is not natural, adaptation is.

What I mean by this is that if a person from a different culture lives surrounded by people from a different culture, the natural thing would be an exchange of cultures, with the person representing the minority more likely to have a stronger pressure around them then the opposite, just because of the difference in numbers.
But, unless that person from a different culture keeps isolated, the people around that person should "absorb" some of that person's culture.

That's what I see happening in Portugal, and have seen it for many years.

If anyone watches Jack Ryan, remember the French police chief? Said something to Jack along the lines of, "in France, you are either French, or you are not. There is no in between."

I don't have the slightest idea of what/who Jack Ryan may be.

If native culture is genuinely worth preserving globally, then it's time to buckle down & prove it via the old When In Rome, Do As The Romans route. Even in France

The problem is that isn't a "native culture", as culture is a living thing.
Today's French culture, for example, was highly influenced by US culture after World War II, and another example is the Rap culture, that has a big influence in France.

To me, it's as wrong to force a country's culture onto the people that come from other cultures as for a person that moves to another country to try to live as if nothing changed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join