It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How the Pyramids were actually built

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2022 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
So how do you explain all of the Limestone that was quarried?

Do you think that after they quarried it, they powdered it?

How come the fossils in the Limestone did not get powdered?

Next theory ...

Yep and the quarries show that it was cut out in blocks - why do that instead of taking it out as crushed material. Also interesting is that when the quarries were cleared they were full of......wait for it, limestone scrap - and I mean hundreds of tons of it - why would you have scrap if it was being used for geoploymer? One wonders.

posted on Dec, 23 2022 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: XipeTotex

originally posted by: charlyv
So how do you explain all of the Limestone that was quarried?

Do you think that after they quarried it, they powdered it?

How come the fossils in the Limestone did not get powdered?

Next theory ...

Powdering stone is easy, and for the fossils, there are a couple of possible explanations, 1- the loose fossils were collected from the sand and added as a filler or for a ritualistic purpose, finding them is easy, if you have ever been in Marocco for example, children find these in very large amounts and sell them.

The fossils aren't loose and certainly not hundreds of thousands of them. Chipping them out would be an impossible task-just to re insert them. How to falsify this - go to Giza (I've been three times) guess what there are no full fossil laying all over the play in the sand? How do I know this? Well I looked and it they were they would be sold by the locals to tourist. They ain't.

You've never crushed rock to dust before have you? Okay here is a block of limestone - tell us how you are going to crush it to the proper size?

So why are the core stones - if made in molds all irregular? Here is the top tier of the GP - note each stone is different- why would anyone sane do that if using molds? Other examples of sloppy core stones

i.imgur.com...

i.imgur.com...

Above is the NE corner of the GP, note the core stones especially the third tier from bottom? There is also a big mass of gypsum mortar in the far right of the image. Why would you put in mortar for a dry construction and if it were being 'molded' - why make different molds. ????

posted on Dec, 23 2022 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge

I think the powers that be know the pyramids are not what they say they are, built when they said they were and by who they said did it. As they hold all the power, they cannot be wrong.

....and why would the 'PTB' care about who built the pyramids?

posted on Dec, 23 2022 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Why am I having to repeat myself like a broken record?

For those who missed it the first, second and third time now, his theory is that the quarried limestone (which is obviously in blocks and IS NOT molded, was constructed first and served as a slipform for the inner core of geopolymer.

YES, THE OUTER STONES WERE OBVIOUSLY QUARRIED

posted on Dec, 23 2022 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Hanslune

There are loose fossils, hundreds of thousands of them, just need to know where to look.

And like i said, too soon to have that discussion again, have a merry Christmas!
edit on 23-12-2022 by XipeTotex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2022 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune

originally posted by: Brotherman
If they were built by egyptions, why didn’t they record how they did it to glorify pharoh for all eternity? This is the little detail that always hangs these theories up for me and sways me to believe the pyramids are way older, made by someone else, and were for a purpose not understood.

If that is important to you - that someone recorded it - why are you not unhappy with the folks you think made it - and didn't record it?

maybe the builders didn't give a rats if anyone wanted to know?

like,

hey guys
what can we do to make people scratch their heads forever?

posted on Dec, 23 2022 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: sarahvital

originally posted by: Hanslune

If they were built by egyptions, why didn’t they record how they did it to glorify pharoh for all eternity? This is the little detail that always hangs these theories up for me and sways me to believe the pyramids are way older, made by someone else, and were for a purpose not understood.

If that is important to you - that someone recorded it - why are you not unhappy with the folks you think made it - and didn't record it?

maybe the builders didn't give a rats if anyone wanted to know?

like,

hey guys
what can we do to make people scratch their heads forever?

Why would the builders want to do that?

posted on Dec, 23 2022 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Hooke

You should also be asking why did they leave no plans on how they made them? No carvings showing them being made in any temple ever, zero instructions. Look at a modern civilization, we document, plan, register everything. They have hieroglyphics everywhere throughout Egypt, but none showing construction methods of the building the pyramids!

posted on Dec, 24 2022 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: myss427

You should also be asking why did they leave no plans on how they made them? No carvings showing them being made in any temple ever, zero instructions. Look at a modern civilization, we document, plan, register everything. They have hieroglyphics everywhere throughout Egypt, but none showing construction methods of the building the pyramids!

Have you ever checked to see if the Egyptians left any plans concerning how they built anything?
You'll find that they left no such plans - even for temples built during by the Ptolemies.
So, not leaving plans for the pyramids is not only not unusual, but it would also be VERY unusual if they had.

Harte

posted on Dec, 25 2022 @ 03:42 PM
link   

They have hieroglyphics everywhere throughout Egypt, but none showing construction methods of the building the pyramids!

Although these scenes don't relate directly to pyramids as such, you might be interested in this 18th Dynasty bas-relief of stone blocks being pulled along, on a stele of Amosis (Daressy, Inscriptions des carrières de Tourah et Mâsarah, Annales du Service des antiquités de l'Egypte 11, 1911: 263 [7] [[PDF 309; shown also Clarke & Engelbach, fig. 84 p. 88 (#144).)

You might also be interested in Clarke & Engelbach, fig. 86, #148 (p.92), "probably representing the construction of a building by means of a brick embankment."

posted on Dec, 25 2022 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

Have you ever checked to see if the Egyptians left any plans concerning how they built anything?
You'll find that they left no such plans - even for temples built during by the Ptolemies.
So, not leaving plans for the pyramids is not only not unusual, but it would also be VERY unusual if they had.

In Lagash (located in present day Iraq), the ruler Gudea (ca. 2080–2060 BC) left a floorplan for the Temple of Ningirsu (more explanation of the building of Ningirsu's temple here.)

But what Gudea was very anxious to convey to any onlookers was the idea that he'd received divine inspiration for the design of the temple.

I don't know of any comparable depictions during the time of Khufu, Khafre, etc. Maybe it could be argued that Menkaure conveyed his connection with the divine (Hathor) in his famous triad: but didn't seem to have occurred to him to leave a plan anywhere.

However, I'm afraid I don't know enough about religious thought in the OK to say whether any of those kings, or their architects, were divinely inspired when it came to planning their pyramids.

posted on Dec, 26 2022 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hooke

originally posted by: Harte

In Lagash (located in present day Iraq), the ruler Gudea (ca. 2080–2060 BC) left a floorplan for the Temple of Ningirsu (more explanation of the building of Ningirsu's temple here.)

But what Gudea was very anxious to convey to any onlookers was the idea that he'd received divine inspiration for the design of the temple.

I don't know of any comparable depictions during the time of Khufu, Khafre, etc. Maybe it could be argued that Menkaure conveyed his connection with the divine (Hathor) in his famous triad: but didn't seem to have occurred to him to leave a plan anywhere.

However, I'm afraid I don't know enough about religious thought in the OK to say whether any of those kings, or their architects, were divinely inspired when it came to planning their pyramids.

The only evidence of Khufus involvement is the unsupported claim of Herodotus and the graffiti Vyse did to gain some recognition.

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Only thing I can think of is that only the high priest had the plans and passed down info down to his foremen.They would have then organized the work teams.The chief traders would work with the Pharaoh in regards to materials and payment.

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I don't know. I'm probably old school about things.

But I personally believe the pyramids were built by hard work, by folks that knew how to work, under the threat of death.
Oddly enough, only "Scientist", "Theorist" and modern politicians are baffled by a Pyramid Lego set, in a third world desert.

Kind of like, why people that actually work pay "taxes" on earnings, not profit. .... To who and for what?
Because "they" will destroy you if you don't.

Amazing things can be done by you, when you don't want to die. Hell!!???!! It won't even be your idea.
4000 to 6000 years from now? "Scientist" will still earn a living by trying to answer simple questions.

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: murphy22
I don't know. I'm probably old school about things.

But I personally believe the pyramids were built by hard work, by folks that knew how to work, under the threat of death.
Oddly enough, only "Scientist", "Theorist" and modern politicians are baffled by a Pyramid Lego set, in a third world desert.

Kind of like, why people that actually work pay "taxes" on earnings, not profit. .... To who and for what?
Because "they" will destroy you if you don't.

Amazing things can be done by you, when you don't want to die. Hell!!???!! It won't even be your idea.
4000 to 6000 years from now? "Scientist" will still earn a living by trying to answer simple questions.

Trying to build those in 20 years would end with 10's of 1000's dead, that's a fact.
That pace would kill a 100 or more a day.

posted on Dec, 28 2022 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoeRelentless

The only evidence of Khufus involvement is the unsupported claim of Herodotus and the graffiti Vyse did to gain some recognition.

Oh, where to start ...

Comparable crew-marks were also found on the stone covering the second boat-pit, and also possibly on core blocks.

There are also numerous, more formal, examples of Khufu's name in various noble tombs on the Giza plateau.

The idea that the marks were forgeries was suggested by Zecharia Sitchin, in his pseudoscientific The Stairway to Heaven (1980), a book proposing that the pyramids were built by “ancient astronauts”, and it has recently been reiterated by Scott Creighton in his The Great Pyramid Hoax (2016). But, to be able to forge the quarry marks that Vyse discovered in the chambers he forced open above the Kings Chamber, he would have had to be able to read and write in hieroglyphics with a high degree of fluency – which he wasn't. The marks he found were carefully copied and sent back to the British Museum, where an Egyptologist named Samuel Birch actually made the translations. Creighton actually concedes this point, and admits that Sitchin's evidence was "eventually discredited...as a result his controversial allegation was soon dismissed, and many of those who had hitherto supported him quickly distanced themselves from the controversy." www.reddit.com...

The subject of the supposed Vyse forgery is covered in detail here.

posted on Dec, 28 2022 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Same with all the other ancient sites all over the world. These ancient builders didnt bother to tell who constructed their structures and how they consatructed it..really weird but just like the simularities in building techniques not telling who or how is a simularity too..One would almost come to the conclusion its the same builder(s) who constructed all these sites.

posted on Dec, 28 2022 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Most architectural plans are lost to time. there is the roman architecture we don't know how it was built. But i just recently watched a documentary about the cathedral of Notre dame it wasn't until the fire that they started learning the secrets of its construction. Because there were no plans they had to go off previous studies and actually comb through the rubble to reconstruct the cathedral. Even worse apparently the stained glass is proving to be difficult to reproduce because they don't have the exact formula. Also after the fire, they learned iron pins were used during construction. Why don't they know exactly how it was constructed? Well, the artisans were taught their trade, and knowledge was handed down not written down. There are no drawings there is nothing showing how it was constructed craftsman were taught their trade and their techniques when it became no longer necessary that knowledge was lost.

So we have a building from the 11th century with no plans but it somehow surprises you we don't have plans for something built 5000 years ago?

posted on Dec, 28 2022 @ 07:45 PM
link   

One would almost come to the conclusion its the same builder(s) who constructed all these sites.

Probably not same builders but same ideas and design rules.Architects back then had the same prestige as priests so any new ideas would have been passed around by travellers or merchantmen.They most probably sent apprentices across the seas to learn and watch new temples and buildings being built.

posted on Dec, 29 2022 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Most architectural plans are lost to time. there is the roman architecture we don't know how it was built. But i just recently watched a documentary about the cathedral of Notre dame it wasn't until the fire that they started learning the secrets of its construction. Because there were no plans they had to go off previous studies and actually comb through the rubble to reconstruct the cathedral. Even worse apparently the stained glass is proving to be difficult to reproduce because they don't have the exact formula. Also after the fire, they learned iron pins were used during construction. Why don't they know exactly how it was constructed? Well, the artisans were taught their trade, and knowledge was handed down not written down. There are no drawings there is nothing showing how it was constructed craftsman were taught their trade and their techniques when it became no longer necessary that knowledge was lost.

So we have a building from the 11th century with no plans but it somehow surprises you we don't have plans for something built 5000 years ago?

You seem to have missed my point. I'm not a bit surprised that there are very few architectural plans from 5,000 years ago. Such documents just don't appear in the archaeological record (and it was only by the most amazing chance that Merer's papyri somehow survived).

Nevertheless, Gudea's plans for the temple of Ningirsu indicates that such a concept as an architectural plan did exist in the ancient world.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join