It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowmageddon on the way

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 09:25 AM
link   

edit on 08-19-2021 by PiratesCut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 09:26 AM
link   
SE Michigan, on Lake St. Clair here.
They seemed to be calling it a doomsday storm when they first started talking about it but now they have toned it down to maybe 6-10 inches of snow and high winds, so we’ll see.

Even that much around here will cause havoc for a few days though.
Even though we get snow every year, they are not very adept at clearing the streets around here, I really don’t know why.
Just 4 or 5 inches always seems to surprise them.

And don’t get me going on the 90% of the people that can’t drive in the snow.

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I'm in northeast PA. Isn't supposed to be too bad here, mostly rain (which may cause some flooding so I hope people are ready for that) and seasonably cold, some wind but nothing too extreme.

All in all I miss the global warming November we had. We were still getting days in the 70s.

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Mt. Pleasant, MI here. They are saying 8-17" for our area. I will believe it when I see it. 75% of the time severe weather goes either north or south of us. As long as the power doesn't go out, let it snow. We already did a grocery and booze run yesterday. We'll just ride it out and watch movies.

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtrenthacker
Mt. Pleasant, MI here. They are saying 8-17" for our area. I will believe it when I see it. 75% of the time severe weather goes either north or south of us.

Geographic influence? When I was at Fort Bragg, if severe storms were approaching they almost always broke up and split around the base
had to be some HAARP # going on. But really I think it was just some quirk of the local geography that caused it, though I have no idea what quirk that would be.

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

I think so. We always joke that "Mt" Pleasant is the flattest mountain ever but the area is generally higher than the surrounding land.

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I'm currently on "extended travel" in a state in which I've only experienced one winter. Where I come from (hundreds of miles north of here), we are used to severe winters, but this is a different story. There is a lot of ice/freezing rain in the forecast and a little snow, but nobody here seems to know how to deal with ice or snow on the roads. I'm going to be very cautious if I need to go out anywhere. Black ice (glaze) is a serious problem here. Last year it was pretty bad, but this storm is supposed to bring a ton of it.

Be safe on the roads out there.

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Electoverse Weather

January’s eruption of Hunga Tonga in the South Pacific injected sulfur and a large amount of water vapor into the stratosphere.

We see that this water vapor is now causing significant cooling of the southern stratosphere, and have also noted a correlation between Southern Hemisphere stratospheric cooling and Northern Hemisphere stratospheric warming (SSWs).

Stratospheric warming during the Northern Hemisphere winter often leads to a disruption of the Polar Vortex, causing large pressure changes, which, in turn, can result in masses of Arctic air being unleashed into the United States and Europe.

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
It looks like our place is bullseye for the Friday storm. Up to 2 foot of snow and 50+ MPH winds. So to get ready I started the generator in the motorhome. Tested the whole house generator. Put the blade on the tractor and gathered all my winter clothes in one spot. Now a couple of cases of beer and I'll be riding the storm out.

Anybody else watching weather?

Southwest Michigan

Take care

Thank the Lord my daughters school ended finals early so the kids can go home. I’m really glad they did because I think that might have saved lived. They were scheduled to get out Thursday and Friday at the peak of the blizzard.

Here in Wisconsin we are bracing, which is weird because we are very used to frigid weather. The weird weird thing is that I got a notice from spectrum that there will probably be outages… So what does that mean? In decades of having them I’ve never seen a message like that… Are they aware that their lines aren’t able to handle the temperatures? Do they know something we don’t know. Are they just trying to prepare people and be proactive. Either way it’s a little concerning.

My family and I are prepared. Generator, husband getting another propane tank, plenty of water and food.
I went through a two week ice storm in New York when I was a teen and that left an impression on me.

For those that don’t know. If the power goes out, CONSERVE! Get into one room/bed with your whole family. Pile on the blankets. Use sleeping bags and even a tent if you need to. Keep on eye on ventilation. Make sure to have a carbon Monoxide detector.

Also fill up bottles, any bottle (coke, milk, OJ) with hot water and tuck under the blankets. You wouldn’t believe how long it will keep you warm. Stay hydrated too.

Don’t be silly and go outside, try not to drive.

edit on 21-12-2022 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: mikell

Another thing that might be different with this Blizzard……

Less employees to run snow plows!

My daughter that lives way North is dealing with this right now.
She told me many roads haven’t been touched from the last snow.

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: elevatedone

interesting. weather report i am seeing says it will stop snowing around 1PM friday for our area.

I gave away 2 snow blowers this year. If I still had an extra i'd offer it to you.

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: mikell

Poo on all those generators. Terrible climate change devices. We need to outlaw all fossil fuels and go straight to freezing to death.

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I love the desert.

You all stay warm and generated.

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Everything good here, not ideal, but we ll ride it out..The warming centers are lookin for people..we have about 800 on the street right now..supposed to hit 15 below roundabouts..I imagine there'll be those who don't make it into the centers..I feel bad for not helping in that regard, but we got plenty to worry bout on the Homefront I suppose..gotta get that money

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm
If I lose power, I lose water (well) so my geneator takes care of the whole house...pump and boiler, but I don't run it constantly...but if you are municipal water and power goes out, let the faucet drip a little to keep your water pipes from freezing and breaking!

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 11:22 AM
link   
So in WA near Portland we had 48 yesterday and will have low 20s as a high on Thursday with maybe 50 by the weekend...lol If you go just 50 miles east yesterday it was like high 20s with snow, so 20 degree swing in 50 miles and elevation the same. My kids in Pullman WA are going to see a high of 9 and a low of -11 on Thursday.
edit on 21-12-2022 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Average snowfall in WI, across all info-recording stations in WI, for the month of December:

As you can see, snowfall appears to be within the normal range for December in WI.

Have a great day! 😃

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Texas, here. Not expecting snow in my area, but temperatures are supposed to drop into the single digits. I'm eyeing the power grid because Abbot is more about spending elsewhere than fixing our bridges and infrastructure.

We'll be okay. Our solar power system is up and running now, so we can survive power outages. But I worry about other friends as well as our daughter and granddaughter.

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I only have a six pack, I'll be stopping at the store again I think.

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: jtrenthacker
Mt. Pleasant, MI here. They are saying 8-17" for our area. I will believe it when I see it. 75% of the time severe weather goes either north or south of us.

Geographic influence? When I was at Fort Bragg, if severe storms were approaching they almost always broke up and split around the base
had to be some HAARP # going on. But really I think it was just some quirk of the local geography that caused it, though I have no idea what quirk that would be.

That's crazy... We have a "Barksdale Bubble" here around Barksdale Air Force Base. We don't escape big storms, but the smaller ones almost always seem to go around us. I blame HAARP, too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join