It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Poll Finds 4 In 10 People Believe Climate Change Is Natural

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2022 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DoomsdayDude

If a certain someone reads this, hoo boy, you’re in for it.
Don’t mention Sea-Level.
BTW, the ice comes and goes, as does the heat.
C D is plant food.
Personally, I’d rather Goose Bumps than Sweat.
But that’s me.

posted on Dec, 14 2022 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: DoomsdayDude

Yes, there is a definite cold wave coming, but I am not really ascribing it to anything other than natural variability in the climate.

What I find more ominous is that the local weather man warned people to be aware of the cold for fear the power grids might fail like they did last time it got so bitterly cold, and now the NWS has similarly issued a warning telling people to have cold weather survival kits ready in their homes, not cars.

All of this as they demand ever more in terms of energy costs from us. They can't provide what they demand we pay them more for (sounds like Obamacare). The poster above was threatening me with higher costs for everything, but he doesn't seem to understand that those costs are already here and in the name of "saving the planet".

And again, I reiterate, money can't buy what doesn't exist, so even if I can still pay my electric bills, it won't help keep me warm or charge my car if their underpowered, wind fart dream of a boondoggle fails every single time it gets bitterly cold. Money can't buy what doesn't exist.
edit on 14-12-2022 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2022 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Did you just fall for the 1,000 year old greenland is green meme?

link< br />
I think you did

posted on Dec, 15 2022 @ 05:49 AM
link   
The thing that really bugs when it comes to these kinds of challenges we face is the absolute lack of nuance and scale.
With just some basic knowledge on the short and long carbon cycle combined with the amounts of fossil fuel we've been digging up for the last 500 years should give a pretty clear picture. Fossils fuels that took the last 300 million years to form, organic matter that was cut of from oxygen so it could not decompose. And we've been burning that.
Hundreds of millions of years worth of decomposing matter being burnt of in couple of hunderd years...
Look these are just basic numbers, im not interested in opinions. But these numbers are scary

posted on Dec, 15 2022 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Yeah scary, so what you fearmongering leftist? Bet you wanna raise taxes on us good folks and live the high life

What? No, listen here simpleton. I don't care about anyone alive atm. Look around you. What is every other living being on this planet occupied with? All of them, without exception. The all care about one thing only : making sure there is a next generation that gets a decent shot at life. Because as soon as you enter this world theres only one guarantee, you're on your way out.

It's all a struggle for survival within the parameters of the system.
And for the first time in the history of life on earth there is a species that is operating way outside the parameters of the system. We have no idea whats going to happen. We are changing so many parameters so fast and we havent got a clue.

posted on Dec, 15 2022 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Jubei42

The Vikings had settlements there. Yes or no. The Vikings lives there on a permanent basis for upward of at least 100 years. Yes or no.

The ice had to retreat for archeologists to find some of their sites, including mines.

Was Greenland a lush paradise? No. Was it more hospitable to human habitation than it is today? Yes. Did that take a warmer climate? Also Yes.

It was no meme unless articles released on science sites themselves are now memes, but thanks for playing. I forgive you if you don't have a strong natural memory. I don't think quite so highly of people who use their memory holes. Which are you? Perhaps you are just ignorant and never learned some things to begin with.

edit on 15-12-2022 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2022 @ 06:40 AM
link   

You wanna go back to nature? No one is stopping you.

posted on Dec, 15 2022 @ 06:51 AM
link   

At no point in human history has Greenland ever been green, thats all I'm saying

Nature is just another word for the system and its parameters, and the only concern I'm bringing to the table is future mankind no longer being a part of it

posted on Dec, 15 2022 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jubei42

At no point in human history has Greenland ever been green, thats all I'm saying

Nature is just another word for the system and its parameters, and the only concern I'm bringing to the table is future mankind no longer being a part of it

in human history, has there ever been green parts of Greenland?

posted on Dec, 15 2022 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

In human history no man has ever sat foot on greenland and thought I can see why

posted on Dec, 15 2022 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Fusion is coming

posted on Dec, 15 2022 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Strange you think that Greenland was nearly ice-free for extended periods during the Pleistocene

Here we show that Greenland was deglaciated for extended periods during the Pleistocene epoch (from 2.6 million years ago to 11,700 years ago),

Humans have been around longer than 11,700 years.

posted on Dec, 15 2022 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

You mean the type of fusion reactors used in the sci-fi horror flicks Alien and Aliens that really blow sky high if you turn off all the cooling units or the primary heat exchangers? Mother: You now have 1 minute to reach minimum safe distance!

edit on 15-12-2022 by DoomsdayDude because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2022 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: puzzled2

Humans have been around longer than 11,700 years.

True

But the last time Greenland was warmer than today (around 115,000 years ago), advanced technology was a smaller piece of flint.
edit on 15-12-2022 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2022 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Maxmars

UNDP's "Peoples' Climate Vote" reflects over half the world's population after results processed by the University of Oxford. Sixty-four percent of people believe climate change is a global emergency, despite the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic

World’s largest survey of public opinion on climate change: a majority of people call for wide-ranging action

Loads of solid data in this poll, which would be crucial in my book. Why should the tree care about zerohedges?

posted on Dec, 15 2022 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyMayhew

So you're assuming it needs to be warmer than today free, why?
Think there is some evidence of Greenland ice melting at the current temperature.

Therefore, as Greenland can be the same temperature and be ice free,
As indicated by the people in the Source study ice free 11,700 years ago.

Not sure of your point. Are you trying to mislead the thread or just don't understand the temperature needed to melt ice?

posted on Dec, 15 2022 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Insurrectile
a reply to: Maxmars

UNDP's "Peoples' Climate Vote" reflects over half the world's population after results processed by the University of Oxford. Sixty-four percent of people believe climate change is a global emergency, despite the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic

World’s largest survey of public opinion on climate change: a majority of people call for wide-ranging action

Loads of solid data in this poll, which would be crucial in my book. Why should the tree care about zerohedges?

That poll took place in January 2021, and was summarized by UN analysts... hmmm... Are you surprised that a later survey shows a different result?

As I stated in the OP...

I apologize for the obvious bias in the reporting source, they clearly have words to say about the topic itself.

However, it bears mentioning that the veneer over the "everyone believes man is responsible" facade is failing to completely encapsulate the claim. People are beginning to harden to the declarations of environmentalists to the effect of "the science is settled - so shut up!"

Thanks.

posted on Dec, 15 2022 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jubei42
a reply to: network dude

In human history no man has ever sat foot on greenland and thought I can see why

But they set foot, they lived there ... permanently. Whether or not the land was green was beside the point. They were then forced to abandon those same settlements much, much later because the weather and climate changed. Their mines were covered in ice sheet.

All that can happen without arguing over how "green" the land was. I am sorry if the name of the place offends you, btw.

posted on Dec, 15 2022 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: puzzled2

I think he's butt hurt that someone named the place Greenland or something since that seems to be his central problem with it all. Perhaps they should have simply named it Coldland.

posted on Dec, 15 2022 @ 06:35 PM
link   

What? It's never warm there now? (Just kidding.)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join