It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU parliament Corruption Investigation - Vice-President Eva Kaili Arrested with 4 others

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2022 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Just as the World Cup that wasn't awarded due to corruption draws to an end raids and arrests are happening in Brussels with Vice-President Eva Kaili now wearing a new set of bracelets , how nice.

Qatar is once again the alledged source of this latest greasing of palms with €600,000 seized in the raids believed to be part of the payment made for influencing economic and political decisions of the parliament ... and they wondered why we wanted out !

It seems fitting at this point to give Nigel Farage his say.

Prosecutors said they suspected a Gulf state had been influencing economic and political decisions of the parliament for several months, especially by targeting aides.

Local media has named the state as Qatar, although the Qatari government said any claims of misconduct were "gravely misinformed".

Ms Kaili's responsibilities as vice-president include the Middle East. She has been a defender of Qatar in the past.
www.bbc.co.uk...

I bet this isn't the only case.

posted on Dec, 12 2022 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Proverbial tip of the iceberg.

I don't doubt for one minute that all governments are corrupt to varying degrees....but the EU takes it to another level.
If this is what they are releasing into the public domain who knows what they are trying to keep quiet?

posted on Dec, 12 2022 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Glad we got out of the EU and it’s endless pig snouts in taxpayers money

Now if only Farage would disappear also , got as much time for him as any other politician , just another pleb obsessed with his own voice and believes he knows what’s best for the working classes, gtfo

posted on Dec, 12 2022 @ 04:42 PM
link   

It's always nice seeing people held to account for corruption.

Maybe we can get some of that good stuff of here on this side of the Atlantic.

posted on Dec, 12 2022 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: UpThenDown

Yea, like the US doesn't have corruption at every level of the Federal government.

posted on Dec, 14 2022 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I would hazard a guess and say their trying to hide the rest of their corruption.

a reply to: Freeborn

posted on Dec, 14 2022 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: UpThenDown

Yea, like the US doesn't have corruption at every level of the Federal government.

I agree. Your heaps better off because yours are less slimier then theirs

posted on Dec, 15 2022 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Predictable consequence of a system with almost zero transparency and accountability.

Cheers

new topics

top topics

join